View Poll Results: Who's Better?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linkshare

4 26.67%
  • Commission Junction

11 73.33%
    Hi,
    I'm the Affiliate Manager for 1-800-PetMeds and I'm trying to determine what the best affiliate program is. We're using Linkshare now, but may consider CJ. Can you help me out with your ideas?
    Thanks,
    Alex Irvin

Alex Irvin
    Affiliate Program Director
    1800petmeds.com

From my point of view, they each have their positives and negatives.

If there's a program I like to promote, I'd go to either Linkshare or CJ, whoever the merchant was currently using.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevem224:
    From my point of view, they each have their positives and negatives<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, One of the positive sides of cj have more user friendly interface than LS.

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by emphimy:
    One of the positive sides of cj have more user friendly interface than LS.
    UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>not anymore.

how many clicks does it take to make a link using CJ and LS?

which one has faster loading pages?

it is easier to move from one merchant to another and from one link to another at LS. Not only is the dropdown available all the time but that it's automatic too (CJ removed their dropdowns - loser!). the links are also categorized according to banner size and destination, so you can immediately go to the one that you need. LS also has plenty of stuff relating to consumer behaviour, and their reports are very convenient and extensive (CJ cut down their reports and made the current ones very inconvenient - loser again!)

right now, the only thing going for CJ is the EPC rate, which, as many will agree, is not really that helpful.

a big chunk of my income does come from CJ, but credit that to the pre-CJ6 interface. Now Todd is even talking about a July Surprise. hmmmm

I currently have 1800petmeds at LS and the results are not bad. by the way, I don't remember receiving a check yet from 1800petmeds. I'm sure I've gone over their minimum last march.

[This message was edited by waytogo on May 05, 2003 at 01:16 PM.]

Moved to the Café

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Hey Alex,

I have $45 commission for sales generated in February from 1800PetMeds. If you were on CJ, that money would have been in my bank account two weeks ago. But in LS it still reads "Linkshare awaiting merchants" payment. And I'm almost certain that you've already sent your payment to LS, because you're a "premium merchant" status.

ABW Ambassador
    Not easy to answer. Pluses and minuses to both.

Though not mentioned in the poll, BeFree started the worst in all regards but has continued to improve in many regards.

LS started middle of the road and has continued to improve.

CJ was probably the most affiliate friendly at one time but continues to get worse.

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> by the way, I don't remember receiving a check yet from 1800petmeds. I'm sure I've gone over their minimum last march. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldn't have to worry about THAT at CJ.

All the rest is icing. Which is not much good without the "cake" of timely payment!

Every time I consider switching links to That Network, I see something like that. And then the CJ screen opens again!

Snare has no chance. Even when the merchant pays up, the money ends up rotting there. Their forum is full of complaints about payment. That's a much more serious matter than whether CJ still has a nice drop-down on the front page! Not that I wouldn't be glad to see that drop-down back, but I like to keep things in perspective.

Even though I made my sig as a rebuttal to the comment "content is king", I think it fits my thinking on the CJ vs. LS question perfectly as well:

~Revenue is King

Leader is right about payments.

It does us no good to have payment "in transit" somewhere. That is the one really, really big thing that CJ has going for it the others don't.

That minimum commission requirement to receive payment is cr@p. Why make us wait? Someone gets to sit on that money while we're supposed to send more people to the merchant's site to buy? And we don't get paid for it until 2 or 3 months later, or even longer?

If CJ hadn't done so many ridiculous and user unfriendly things over the last few months, they would have no competition, in my opinion. But because of their stupidity in forcing things on their publishers that we don't want, they are falling from grace rather quickly.

Stay tuned for the "CJ Crashes and Burns" story, coming soon...

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread