PPC Keyword bidding
    Hi,
    I'm fairly new to PPC advertisiing. Is anyone a magazinesquick.com affiliate?
    Is it ok to bid on individual magazine title names like Sports Illustrated, Time, etc.

I know we can't bid on magazinesquick.com or trademark names but it doesn't say we can't bid on individual titles.

Thanks for your help.

I read their guidelines and saw nothing about bidding on any keywords, including magazinesquick.com. Your best bet is to contact the merchant. I've found that you can bid on anything the merchant doesn't expressly forbid, but you can't use the terms in your ad. For example, you can bid on "amazon.com", but your ad can't say "buy from amazon.com", or even use the word "amazon".

Thanks kimchiman.

I'm happy to share what I've learned.

What you can and can't do is regulated by a number of factors. Sharesale and magazinesquick have their own rules. Then the search engines have different rules. Finally, the owners of the trademarks like Time, Sports Illustrated, and so on each have their own opinions. Some fight trademark violations as a matter of principle. Others pay the search engines to do it. Write an email telling magazinesquick your plan if you want to be sure they won't object. If google or yahoo has an issue with one of your ads, they can do a number of things.

1. They can wait to manually approve it and you will see "pending approval"
    2. They will reject it immediately and not let you save it.
    3. They will run it, then suspend the ad and notify you by email that it has a violation in it. You then have to edit the ad for it to begin running again.

What Kim said.

Plus you may want to check with the OPM firm that's managing this program - ARC.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    I know we can't bid on magazinesquick.com or trademark names but it doesn't say we can't bid on individual titles.
    Slight correction, Magazinesquick has no posted PPC policy and does indeed have affiliates bidding on magazinesquick.com.

As for magazine titles, generally speaking it will be up to the trademark owners. Sometimes, like with some hotel chains in the travel industry, TM owners will pressure their distribution partners to prohibit PPC bids on their names, but I couldn't find anything in the posted terms covering pay per click or trademarks.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Hi All,

First, thank you for promoting MagazinesQuick. Secondly, we currently do not discourage PPC bidding in anyway. In reading the responses above, it seems that the fantastic ABW membership has already given very comprehensive answers.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Thanks David for confirming your PPC policy. thanks to everyone else for the great feedback and comments.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread