Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    weight watchers?
    anyone here on it? I went from 171lb to 135lb when I did it four years ago, and have since packed 15 pounds right back on. So I'm back on program and looking for moral and munchie support!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Although I'm not on it, I think it's a great program for the lay person.

Go Pookie, go!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

The lay person? I believe in a separation of church and affiliate marketing state...

CTang: Not sure what your diet looks like now, but I'm heading back to the low sugar, high protien, moderate fat, complex carb only diet.

There's always room on that bandwagon. I dropped almost 20 doing that last time, and felt GREAT.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

My mother-in-law has had great results with Weight Watchers, several times. Most recently, she's lost 40 pounds. My wife has had less success.

Lay person VS hardcore calorie counter/ food composition person
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth

CTang: Not sure what your diet looks like now, but I'm heading back to the low sugar, high protien, moderate fat, complex carb only diet.

There's always room on that bandwagon. I dropped almost 20 doing that last time, and felt GREAT.
    This is the most sane and healthy "diet."

CT - go for it girl!

If I decide to think about a future, I'll join you in dropping weight. I'll be your weight loss buddy and keep you motivated if you'll do the same. You know where to find me.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    171???????

Did you used to be.... taller?????

Was joshing you H

And I'm glad you used """" Rexanne, becuase you're right. What I prescribe is a lifestyle, not a diet.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

sorry double post

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    anyone here on it? I went from 171lb to 135lb when I did it four years ago, and have since packed 15 pounds right back on. So I'm back on program and looking for moral and munchie support!
    I did a double-take when I saw your post and actually had to post (for the first time as you can see), because I ALSO started at 171 lbs back in 10/06 and got down to 135 lbs this past Sept. (my original goal was to get to 145 LOL, but when I kept going down I just "went with it"!) So, I'm about 3 1/2 yrs back where you were and have to admit it is a challenge sometimes keeping off that weight.

Four years is a lot of time and considering you probably lost more than 30 of it in a much shorter time you shouldn't have a tough time losing 1/2 of that in a few months.

It's a life battle, so I'm right there with you. But, WW is probably the most realistic way of life to keep control of your weight. You may have gone a little out of control but you know what you need to do to take that control again. You'll be fine! You already know you can do it, you just have to set your mind to it!

Just go take a look at Brian's work area every day, you will certainly lose your appetite.
    I really think that weight is just the burden you carry having to work with Brian.

Go Carolyn!! Maybe you should get Wii Fit to compliment your new diet

Whenever I need to lose weight I just go to Taiwan for a couple months. Ironically food causes me to lose weight. I walk it off for miles just to eat one tasty tidbit.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by jwfla422
    You already know you can do it, you just have to set your mind to it!
    Thanks guys, and welcome to ABW jwfla422 *phew, that's a mouthful*

Rexanne, I promised I'd check in with you every Saturday, and I will...starting this Saturday.

BK, I wasn't taller, and sadly, I wasn't bustier. Wouldn't the world be wonderful if we could pick where we gained weight?

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Just go take a look at Brian's work area every day, you will certainly lose your appetite.
    I really think that weight is just the burden you carry having to work with Brian.
    Did I tell you about the time I went over to locate a report I put on his desk...and when I finally unearthed it, there were two pretzel rods and jelly beans of undetermined age hidden underneath it?

I'm a WW member, too. The online program. I've been on and off of it since I was in law school. It's the only thing that really works for me and even when I am "off plan," I do continue to carry over MOST of the healthy eating (just not the portion sizes).

We'll have to trade some point ideas. Right now I am loving the new WW 2 point ice cream cups!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Man, I would love someone to trade point ideas with. Okay, here's mine. Most skim string cheeses are 2 points, but the ones from Trader Joes are only 1 point. And the Dr. Praeger broccoli pancakes (1 point) and California burgers (2 points) are phenomenal.

In fact, those California burgers are fantastic for anyone looking to increase their veggie intake! I have them on multi-grain hamburger buns, and they're delish!

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    My mom is a WW member and she looks awesome, she has lost over 40 lbs. I say it works!
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    Most skim string cheeses are 2 points, but the ones from Trader Joes are only 1 point. And the Dr. Praeger broccoli pancakes (1 point) and California burgers (2 points) are phenomenal.
    That is very good information! Here are some of my favorite point tips:

Some of the yogurt smoothies are high in points but the WW ones and the dannon "light" ones are only 1 point.

Cook and serve fat free chocolate pudding is less points than instant. I think it may be free if you use skim milk and get the right brand?

If you have Schwan, the Light Chicken Marco Polo is only 3 points. They are individually wrapped, so a box of 4 lasts me a couple of weeks. Terrific dinner!

When I absolutely crave french fries, Ore-Ida Crinkle Cuts are the best bang for your point buck. I think it's 3 points for a decent serving? I usually make them with the chicken marco polo, lots of California Blend veggies, and a small fruit salad for a really "normal" dinner.

Right now I am working on a little "eating out" guide for myself so that I have some go-to foods that I can grab on the run or eat out with friends.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

I too have been on a ff WW. It's a great program. Last winter I lost 40 LBS but due to a foot injury that I still have, I'm unable to work out consistantly and further weight loss has been hard.

It really is a great program and there's a lot of support for memebers. I thought you'd like some perspective from a male WW member.

I've not tried it, but I will, if my current regimen doesn't pan out. It's encouraging to hear people say that it works.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    To years ago, I lost about 13 pounds on WW and reached my goal weight.

Alas, a baby and sitting on my behind for the majority of the day has caught up with me and I am back on the wagon. I'm already down 4 lbs. since Sunday, so it does work if you want it to. Switching the sodas for water has really helped and I don't feel so sluggish.

I wish everybody who wants to get healthy the best of luck. We're not getting any younger. It's time to start taking care of ourselves.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Geezo, what I would give to lose 13 pounds now! Weigh-in is tomorrow, it's not like I don't have a scale, but when it comes to my weight, I'm a little lenient on myself

Well I don't have pregnancy to blame for my relapse...I'm a guy. Well I guess I can use the excuse that I'm living vicariously through my pregnant wife...LOL. the difference is that she looks beautiful, I just look fat.
    It's really time to get back on the wagon and start losing weight with WW.

Great website - WW restaraunt listing
    http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

This lady has the best organic rankings for everything Weight Watchers - and her restaraunt listing is very thorough. (You just have to scroll... a lot!)

Cheater rule - 50 cals = 1 point

I love that site! Everytime I know I'm headed for a junk food crash, I check her restaurant list first to try and mitigate the damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast