Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    OK. Just one question. Do networks & indy's accept PO Boxes as addresses for cheques? Get around 15 or so cheques a month currently delivered to my mother-in-laws house. Not sure we will get them after today and need alternative.

Dont want to bore anyone with details, but after about 4 years of our house being legal in Tenerife, we still do not have our own house number. Big fight with in-laws today and we are now likely to sell up here and either buy elsewhere on the Island, or move back to the UK. Need a safe place for cheques in the meantime.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

[Changed title from witch to w*tch]

[This message was edited by Haiko on May 04, 2003 at 05:54 PM.]

OK, now I am truly miffed!!!!
    What exactly does this have to do with witches! I get so sick of the implication that we are any different from anybody else, ie: evil!

I happen to be a witch as are all of my immediate family, my grandchild and all of my personal friends. Just like others, we have nice people and some not so likable. But, for the large part we are honorable and decent people, JUST LIKE YOU!

PLEASE STOP THE DISPARAGEMENT!!

MODERATORS, PLEASE EDIT ANY NEGATIVE REFERENCES TOWARD WITCHES SINCE IT PERPETUATES AN UNFAIR AND NEGATIVE STEREOTYPE. MY INNOCENT GRANDCHILD DOESN'T DESERVE THIS FROM SOCIETY!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    mail to:
    Joseph Monuit
    6969 west 8th ave

I think they will mail to a po box, I don't see why not.

Sorry to hear you have a witch for a MIL .. heh heh heh

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the reply Joseph.

Sorry moderators, you are within your rights to edit the following should you see fit. Ban me if you want, but I am in trouble here and needed some valuable advice and instead got the moaning of a witch.

SSanf - not sure what you mean by this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>MODERATORS, PLEASE EDIT ANY NEGATIVE REFERENCES TOWARD WITCHES SINCE IT PERPETUATES AN UNFAIR AND NEGATIVE STEREOTYPE. MY INNOCENT GRANDCHILD DOESN'T DESERVE THIS FROM SOCIETY!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does your innocent grandchild not deserve? Being forced into witchhood? Why dont you go **** off and bother someone else here? I am fed up with your negative attitude towards people and posts on this board. WE DONT DESERVE TO HAVE TO PUT UP WITH YOU.

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    Chambers Concise 20th Century Dictionary:

Witch: a woman regarded as having supernatural or magical power and knowledge usu. through contact with the devil or a minor evil spirit.

What is good enough for Chambers is good enough for me. Certainly fits my mother-in-law.

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    Sorry to hear you have a witch for a MIL .. heh heh heh
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too.

Andy Williams

FACT: Both men and women are witches. Fact male witches are NOT warlocks. FACT: We do have supernatural or magical power and knowledge. FACT: Most witchcraft paths teach that there are severe consequences toward those using witchcraft to harm others so it is rarely done though it is certainly doable. FACT: Everyone has supernatural or magical power but most either haven't the knowledge or fail to develop their powers.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeh, I prefer Chambers definition. Fits my mother-in-law to a T. Also the scholars working on the Chambers dictionary know what they are talking about.

Andy Williams

Ignorance can sometimes be an amazing thing. I find you truly amazing.

ABW Ambassador
    So, does anyone with knowledge (supernatural or ordinary) know whether the likes of Performics & Linkshare & Indy's allow PO Boxes?

Not that I dont trust you Joseph but you didn't seem sure.

Andy Williams

Witchcraft: Commonly-Asked Questions, Straightforward Answers

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks but if we wanted a religious lesson we would go to church or a circle or something.

Andy Williams

You have made untrue aspersions and perpetuated negative stereotypes against the people of my faith. It is only right that the truth be made available.

[This message was edited by SSanf on May 04, 2003 at 05:21 PM.]

Back to the original question about PO Boxes: I live in the USA and don't know about other countries, but I've used one for 3 years now. Of the several dozen merchants I work with, none have abjected.

Ray

If it's slick, it's not sticky.

Now, I am going to ask you as a personal favor to never again misuse an innocent group of people to express your displeasure with someone else by ascribing the qualities that you dislike in that person to the group.

While some in our faith may have qualities resembling your mother-in-law, most probably have very little in common with her. Nor has your failure to establish a good relationship with her been our fault or any of our concern. For the answers to that you must look inside yourself and discover where you went wrong in developing what should have been a positive and supportive relationship for yourself and your family. I sincerely suggest that instead of a new mailing address, what you really need is to work things out and strengthen your family, your entire family and that DOES include your mother-in-law.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Ray.

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador

To answer the PO Box question, we've used on here in the U.S for a number of years. I've never had a merchant or network object to it. Depending on the number of merchants you are dealing with, you can always e-mail them and tell them that you need to update your mailing address (which you will have to do anyway). I don't see them having a problem with it, particularly if you are already part of their program.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    Just a thought, but if you call someone a b*tch, are you insulting dogs?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Guess it depends on the context. If you are calling them a b*tch and are saying something nice about them, the dogs might be flattered.

I've never called anyone a b*tch that I didn't want to continue my diatribe with other four letter words

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Yo G,

You can give them my address and I'll forward the checks to you. Really! Send me an email if you can't come up with another or better alternative.

Sorry to hear you had a rough day.

I'm sorry to hear your problem G,

if we can help on anything just let us know!

if we can help you on emailing merchants and asking them about your question I am sure all of us here will be able to take care or help you in any way we all can.

"God Bless the United States Arm Forces"

Thank god for them protecting us and live our life safely in a daily basis!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

LOL
    LOL
    LOL

I thought the word in the header of this post was WATCH. I could not figure out why on earth everyone was getting so upset.

Oh, by the way, I've used a PO box for years. Even though I work out of my home, I always want to keep my business dealings seperate from my home dealings.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

You could get a real address from your local Mail Boxes Etc. (now the UPS store) for a monthly fee. It's cost a lot more than a PO Box but you will have a real address. Hope that helps!

---

HomeAlarmSecuritySystems.com
    Earn $30 Per Sale!
    Tell Me More

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    Now, I am going to ask you as a personal favor to never again misuse an innocent group of people to express your displeasure with someone else by ascribing the qualities that you dislike in that person to the group.

While some in our faith may have qualities resembling your mother-in-law, most probably have very little in common with her. Nor has your failure to establish a good relationship with her been our fault or any of our concern. For the answers to that you must look inside yourself and discover where you went wrong in developing what should have been a positive and supportive relationship for yourself and your family. I sincerely suggest that instead of a new mailing address, what you really need is to work things out and strengthen your family, your entire family and that DOES include your mother-in-law.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your perception of his use of the "term" was personal. It was clear that was not his perception, you turned the intent and will not likely receive a response to affirm your own personal displeasure. Tollerance is a two way street.

IamJaloppy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast