Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    OneWayFurniture No Longer Managed by ARC
    Hello Team,

I just want to inform you that as of January 1, 2008, ARC will no longer be managing OneWayFurniture.com. All questions and/or inquiries should be sent to Mitch@onewayfurniture.com

We are really going to miss working with Mitch and his team as we had a lot of fun managing this program and we wish Mitch and his staff good luck!

Note

We want to thank all the affiliates who supported this program over the last year and made it a success. ARC will be considering other merchant proposals in this vertical in the future and will follow up with everyone in the New Year.

Cheers!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I was just starting to heat up with these guys. Drats. Will be watching closely for mistakes that should have been easily avoided with the guidance of an OPM. Their announcement email said they were going in-house, but it wasn't clear whether that meant just management or if they plan to leave SAS and go to an in-house tracking system... ARC, your team got any info there?

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    They are not leaving SAS, they are going to be managing (Newsletters, emails, campaigns, offers, communications in general, affiliate relationships and recruitments, etc) on their own.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Just wanted to make it crystal clear, we are no longer managing OneWayFurniture and have not advised them on any program practices as of January 2008.

We wish Mitch the best of luck, it was a real pleasure running this program for a year and taking it from zero to close to 100K per month. We wish him the best going forward.

Any emails you get going forward are from Mitch or from the new affiliate manager in India. I appreciate all the dedication, support and hard work all our partners have given us and OneWayFurniture during the past year, it is appreciated.

While we have not been actively looking, we have been approached by another furniture merchant and are reviewing their program. In the meantime, we are open and will consider opportunities in this vertical....

Stay tuned...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

hmmmm you must've been reading my mind. lol Did get an email from them just a little while ago so thank you for your post

f you are willing to point a text link back (contextual link) to our website (that is not trackable by share a sale). We may be willing to raise your commision an additional half of a percent for 2 text links on your page. They would only be a couple of words. If interested please email us back at mitch@onewayfurniture.com and we will review to see if your site fits this bonus offer.

Has anyone else recieved this email

ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone else recieved this email
    Yes, I received it and replied:

Mitch, a "half percent" for performance marketing IF a sale is made is not the same business model as publishers selling text links for a significant, reliable monthly charge. However, once the search engines find out - which they surely WILL, you can just about count on it - the consequences will be the same.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...+selling+links

I would, instead, suggest engaging the services of a competent, ethical SEO/link developer (if you like, I can recommend some who are outstanding) rather than risking losing your PageRank and search indexing entirely and jeopardizing the listings of affiliates, who under your suggested scheme would be doing themselves out of the hundreds of dollars a month they could earn from selling text links the convential way.

Your risk, your choice of course.

Best regards,
    Marcia

ABW Ambassador
    Just for the record, the original email subject title:

Affiliates Bonus - Advertising
    Bonus my foot! Here's the modified email subject sent back in the response:

Re: Affiliates Bonus - Advertising / Affiliates selling text links
    Because that's what it is. Except that there's no bonus, no payment other than an under-the-table back room crap shoot.

the new affiliate manager in India
    Dollars to donuts (pardon the pun), somehow I think that rather than a so-called "affiliate manager" it's more likely than not to be a clueless, aggressive SEO (possibly the type who also sell the LSI optimization snake oil to the unwary) who may "call themselves" an affiliate manager and claim to know something, but who in reality don't have half a clue.

Nevertheless, it's the responsibility of any business person to do their own due diligence, and that includes both merchants and affiliates.

we have been approached by another furniture merchant and are reviewing their program. In the meantime, we are open and will consider opportunities in this vertical....
    And I'm sure those who understand performance marketing - and know better than to give away free text link advertising with the accompanying serious risks - will give enthusiastic consideration to whatever possibilities materialize into reality in future, including some of the best and most productive affiliate marketers around.

umm yeap Lencarl, that's the one. lol Seemed rather insulting to me when I read it cos it seemed like they were telling me....hey stupid....gotta deal for ya, if you're interested?? Kinda sounded like they were trying to tell me they were doin me a favor by offering it to me.

Didn't even address it to me or the site either...so definitely didn't seem like something ARC woulda been doing. So, came here and Andy had beat me to it.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    It took me about 30 seconds to delete that unwarranted solicitation.

ABW Ambassador
    I am seriously planning to boot this merchant if this idiot does not send an apology quickly

ABW Ambassador
    I think SaS should also look into the ethics of this merchant ...!
    This IMO, is also a merchant quality issue which as I always stated a network should keep an eye on!

His SEO guy is misguided in his advice to do this, the days of buying links for SEO purposes has passed.

If you think it's over the top, like anyone else buying/selling links, simply report him to Google for buying links and they just might punish his SEO badly.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/how-to-report-paid-links/

Our apologies
    Hi,

First let me clarify a few things., and we thank everyone for their support.

1) Our affiliate program is still running in SAS, however not with Andy Rodriguez. We hope everyone will stay with our program.

2) Andy did an outstanding job over the last year for One Way Furniture. The reason we parted was due to a company board meeting that wanted to manage it with our current Link Building partner. Our company works on very low margins to attract sales, and we need to keep all costs in line to offer the best price to our customers.

3) I Made A Mistake ----- The email that went out was a major error on my part and I apologize for it. I am not a long term affiliate and based upon the comments I received we sent out an apology to everyone. My new affiliate manager thought of the idea and I approved it. I didnt realize affiliate would take offense to it.

4) I informed our current affiliate manager that this should never happen again and I personally learned a lvaluable lesson on affiliate ethics, thanks to comments and this forum.

5) Anyone that read this forum can email me directly and I will raise your commision by a half of a percent without any links at all. Its our way of saying sorry.

We hope everyone will stay with our program as we have exciting new product in 2008. If things do not work out with our current managment I will push to get Andy back at a future board meeting. Thanks for everyone's support.

Mitchell Lieberman - CEO
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 7th, 2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: removed sig with backlink

I wrote to Mitch as well and let him know how unprofessional this wasy. Received an email from him (to all Affilaites) this morning apologizing. I LOVE this statement the best, "Our affiliate manager has now been given a handbook with a kick off strategy to follow". A little scary since they are one of my biggest merchants, but am glad to receive the apology.

After the latest newsletter went out we received a few comments regarding this "link" strategy. The newsletter was sent out by our new affiliate manager, and this person is not an employee of One Way Furniture.

We have spoken to him this morning and informed him that some affiliates did not appreciate this approach. Therefore, to anyone that was offended we offer our apologies to our affiliates. Our goals are to make everyone very profitable. We have new and exciting products for 2008 that will be exclusive to One Way Furniture and we look forward to a very successful year.

Our new affiliate manager was only suggesting that sites with a link area could add our site to that area for better exposure. However, some affiliates have interpreted this as an offer to buy links. This was not our intention in any way.

I hope that everyone accepts my personal apology and I can assure you that we value the business relationship with each and every one of our affiliates. We respect every affiliate as we do our customers. Our affiliate manager has now been given a handbook with a kick off strategy to follow. You will now only receive solicitations regarding special promotions and bonuses.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly. Id be happy to get on the phone with anyone that has any concerns.

Kick off strategy
    Thanks for your understanding. The handbook we gave out was a 3 page word document. It basically took into account some important tips we were given by other affiliates as well as our company guidelines.

We will be constantly modifying this book as we need to. Andy was generous enough to offer some suggestions to us even after we parted. In fact I have another call scheduled with him shortly.

Again. Our apologies to all affiliates....

Mitchell Lieberman - CEO
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 7th, 2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: removed sig with backlink

I am in the process of expanding two real estate sites - to include products for the homeowner/buyer. I was considering OneWayFurniture BECAUSE it was managed by ARC.

wanted to manage it with our current Link Building partner
    That "Link Builder" doesn't seem to know much about today's business tactics regarding SEO. Good luck with that partnership.

only suggesting that sites with a link area could add our site to that area for better exposure. However, some affiliates have interpreted this as an offer to buy links
    Seemed more like a "bribe" - and for a measly half-percent.

and we need to keep all costs in line to offer the best price to our customers
    Hopefully your cost-cutting won't come back (any more) to bite you in the _.

For now, I'll be taking a wait-and-see attitude.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Welcome
    We welcome you and your real estate sites. I couldn't agree with you anymore other to say that we consider all forms of advertising as most businesses do. The idea initially seemed harmless. Those affiliates that didn't mind having a link would create more exposure. We wanted to expand the number of links on the page.

However, after hearing the thoughts and feelings of our affiliates we immediately decided that we would not do this. We now understand a little better the standards that our affiliates require. Our only promise is to continue to improve. As far as our company goes, we are one of the top online furniture stores.

We look forward to you joining our program.

Mitchell Lieberman - CEO

Mitchell,

How tacky!!!

Here you make a major league faux pas and then in your apologies for such fiasco, you gratuitously spam my board by dropping links here!!

You didn't learn anything, and now your only abusing the goodwill of my board. You read the email that said do not add manual signatures, yet you do, is that more advice from your new AM also?

Edited to add:

Any further attempts at link drop spam will result in an IP ban.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Excuse me -
    I wasnt trying to create links. I was responding to this board. I am the president of the company and I do not regularly post on any forums. So maybe you can tell me how to disable these links?

As far as you personally judging my intentions or apology thats your own business. I can only say that my apologies are sincere. I am responding in this forum because my affiliates are entitled to our feedback in this forum.

Mitchell Lieberman - CEO
    One Way Furniture, Inc

You are clearly aware that you dropped links, as your new manual signature isn't hotlinked. HMMM??? so, please save your speech for someone who doesn't know any better.

My judging? Mitchell, your a guest in my house, you broke the rules, continue to do so with the manual sig and spammed three separate times, but better yet, now you think I owe you something? Yeah, OK!

Here's some more rope, it shouldn't be long now.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Perhaps it is time for One Way furniture to go back to ARC?

I see that previous posts in this thread also have manual sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    Perhaps it is time for One Way furniture to go back to ARC?

I see that previous posts in this thread also have manual sigs.
    I think that's the only way I'll rejoin the program and put links back up.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    "our current Link Building partner."

That is probably going to come back to bite you. I've had to remove some spam here at ABW before from those link building partners from India. Sounds like post #42 in this thread

"link building vendors based out of India" Sounds a bit similar?

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...tag+deals+spam

You should have stuck with experience.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast