Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Vanns electronics [SAS] tracked
    I bought my son a big screen HDTV from Vanns.com, it tracked correctly and immediately.

I don't know whether this merchant allows commissions on self-purchases.

Matt/Laura, go ahead and reverse this sale if it's needed, I bought from you guys to save hundreds on the TV and avoid sales tax, not to generate an affiliate commission.

Regardless of any self-purchase limitations that may be in their terms / agreement, this very high dollar sale tracked!

No need to reverse the commish as far as we're concerned - you are welcome to keep it. We've always allowed our affiliate partners to make self-purchases.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I bought my son a big screen HDTV from Vanns.com.
    ANOTHER Big Screen? I'm envisioning a home with no plain walls, just screens completely covering all surfaces. Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanns.com
    No need to reverse the commish as far as we're concerned - you are welcome to keep it. We've always allowed our affiliate partners to make self-purchases.
    Excellent!!!!!! Matt, I shopped around and even without the aff commission, I got a super great deal at Vanns, I'm very pleased with the price!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    ANOTHER Big Screen? I'm envisioning a home with no plain walls, just screens completely covering all surfaces. Lol...
    My son has his xbox 360 (and other game platforms) and a tv & stand in his closet, open those folding doors and shazam!

Once you get used to having a dvr (aka tivo) and hd, it's hard to watch old-fashioned tv. I asked my son how we ever lived without hd and an hd dvr and he said... we didn't.

:-)

TV was delivered on time and with zero problems. When each happened, I received timely emails from Vanns confirming my purchase being accepted and confirmed, my outbound shipment departing, and my shipment tracking details. Trucking guy was on time and called me beforehand and helped me carry the TV into the room it was to be setup in, though Vanns made it clear the delivery option my purchase had included was curbside only. All materials were in perfect condition and the box was ready made for easy opening and assembly (swivel base stand attachment) by a typical consumer.

My son has a brand new, big, beautiful HDTV in his bedroom and I paid several hundred less than if I would have bought the exact same TV locally.

By the way, even with the holidays right in the middle of my purchase from Vanns, the total ship time (from order to arrival) was shorter with Vanns than it was when I bought my previous TV from my local electronics superstore. And I checked my old paperwork out of curiousity... that superstore charged me then for my local delivery (Vanns sure didn't).

I'm very happy with every aspect of this transaction! Needless to say, so is my son!

Thanks Vanns!

And no sales tax... makes me feel like I got some super-secret, special deal that other's don't get. I love that.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread