Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thank you google and merry christmas!
    Thank you for once again destroying my retirement income. I realize that the chump change I receive is hard on your next quarter.
    Oh, by the way can you return some of the "hard earned" tax money I sent to Washington while I was trying to raise a family in the 70's. The money was used to build the internet which you now totally control for the benefit of wall street. No it wasnt Al Gore that invented the internet, it was my tax dollars.
    [IMG]google2007.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Google gave you the gift of thousands of free visitors. That somehow obligated them to continue giving you free visitors forever? Even though you never even said "Thank you Google?"
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

I guess you were not around in the 70's? Their gift was not free for me, it probably is for you so maybe you should thank me for your good fortune!

Yes, I was around then. Please explain.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I was around in the 70's, but I don't remember getting a bill from google for the internet.

The internet was created in the 70's for the military with tax dollars as an unbreakable communications tool. www.policy.hu/inetclass/arpaNet.html
    It was later handed over for public use, and from there it has evolved into the web. Google writes a "free" search engine, and evolves it into a controlling medium, which now controls most adv on the web, including affiliate adv, so that they can greedily fill the pockets of the newly involved wall street investors.
    Meanwhile most if not all affiliates will be out of business soon because Google controls the adv positions and adv cost of merchants on their search engine. They are able to do this because of US tax dollars. Google should be paying taxpayer royalties or taxes, just as other companies do when they use govt research to make a profit.
    And what does all this do for competition such as Yahoo, MSN and others, not to mention Linkshare and CJ? Affiliate adv is still the best option for merchants, because they only pay when customers buy something. Google wants to make sure they dominate adv, so they can keep their promises to wall street.

Oh. Of course.

And UPS should deliver all your packages for free since you paid for the roads with your tax dollars.

I can see that I talking to low IQ people here, so I will sign off.

Quote Originally Posted by geezer
    Good idea.

I am not that smart. What's IQ mean?

You're not very smart so I'll try to explain Geezer's point simply.

1) Geezer's taxes paid for the internet. Not the greedy Google investors. They probably used loopholes in the tax law so they didn't have to pay any taxes.

2) Google has been sending traffic to Geezer's site, free, for several years. That was deserved, since Geezer paid for the internet.

3) Google is now diverting that traffic to somewhere else, probably in an attempt to make a profit, which is a greedy thing to do.

4) Google is trying make more money than any other search engine, probably by sending traffic to websites that match their search requests. The right thing to do would be to send all the traffic to Geezer's site. Geezer deserves it more than anyone else, even if Google doesn't make a profit that way, and even if there are sites better suited to the searcher. Geezer isn't greedy like the Google investors. Greed is bad.

There. Now do you understand?

And I thought Al Gore did invent the internet. This changes everything.

I always attributed the Internet to Bob Dole because he said:

“The internet is a great way to get on the net.”

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/the_...et/200841.html
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Didnt it really give you visitors for free, you should really be thankful

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    I am not that smart. What's IQ mean?
    I'm not too sure, but I think that IQ mean that that thing that some people use to clean their ears, and I think they are really called Qtips.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    And I thought Al Gore did invent the internet. This changes everything.
    He did!

If you still have any doubt, just check for the latest Novel Price winners, on the internet.

Meanwhile most if not all affiliates will be out of business soon because Google controls the adv positions and adv cost of merchants on their search engine.
    Affiliate marketing was around before Google. It's not going anywhere.

If your business model relies on a single company, you really need to diversify.

Google should be paying taxpayer royalties or taxes, just as other companies do when they use govt research to make a profit.
    I just checked and Google paid almost $1 billion in taxes last year. They've already paid well over $1 billion in the first three quarters of this year. What gave you the idea that they didn't pay taxes?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'm with Michael on this. Relying on Google to give you free traffic is dangerous. And no they don't owe you anything.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Pbbt. Geezer had his turn. Google shall now send ME all the buying traffic!

Seriously though, traffic likely tanked today and yesterday because people were too busy eating, having parties, and opening presents. For sites pushing typical products (ie, the kind of stuff the people just got as a gift), it'll usually suck badly until a couple of days past New Year's, when everyone has sobered up and are stuck back w*rking again.

Thanks everyone for all the good info. You sure do have a good handle on all the good things happening. UPS does pay a hefty tax to use taxpayer built roads as many other industries do. It appears that many on this board have no knowledge of our government. I sure hope you are not voting in the next election!
    Googles income tax has nothing to do with the use of the taxpayer built internet, they are paying on "profits". We all pay income taxes. Google is also using their "profits" to buy up other companies to expand their greed into new areas.
    Yahoo and MSN are still my best bet for honesty, as they seem much more stable--probably not the best choice of spammers and scammers and the greed breed.
    I have been around before most of you were a thought, so I do not need to heed any advice here.

I have been around before most of you were a thought, so I do not need to heed any advice here.
    I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

So if you're not here to learn, what are you here for? Just to complain about how unfair life is?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I thought I was going to receive some useful help here, but only get ignorance and arrogant remarks!

I thought I was going to receive some useful help here, but only get ignorance and arrogant remarks!
    You came here and whined and sniveled about Google.... followed that with educating us about how the internet works..... followed THAT with comments on our low IQ's.... then proceeded to state that you do not need our advice.

Ok then.... how may we be of assistance?
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

I'm sorry we're all too dumb and arrogant to help you. Maybe you can find a forum with smarter nicer people. I'm sure you'd be welcome there.

F U

F U
    Finally Understands

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast