Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sale has not tracked yet!
    It's now been over 12 hours and CJ has not yet posted a sale for a hosting package that was ordered from a link on my site yesterday evening ($100 commish!!). I placed the order myself for a client with ipowerweb, so I know that it was done correctly. If it was another hosting company that has known issues with paying out commissions I could understand, but I've sold numerous hosting packages prior to this one and ipowerweb has always recorded the sale within a 1-2 hour period, so something is radically wrong at CJ. If it was a small sale I wouldn't sweat about it, but I'm certainly not going to let this one slide. I know there are others reporting here that they are missing sales, so what the heck is going on .

Online Marketing Consultant
    Missing sales is only one problem,,,my clicks show up different in every report and on my entrance page lol...Its just another reason why people are phasing out all of their CJ links when they find another suitable program or indie.

I still like them for a few reasons, and they are good for B2B, but I really wish they would get their technology up to par with the other networks.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    ...but I really wish they would get their technology up to par with the other networks.
    Tell me about it! Anyway I'm not going to let it spoil spoil my Christmas Day, but if there is still no sign of the sale by this evening, I'm going to drop the merchant an email first thing in the morning to complain.

Im not showing an ebay sale since the 22 on 2 seperate accounts so your not alone.

Don't some merchants upload in batches so may show up later i had no sales 22,23,24 then 25 bang there they were.

This is not a "batch" merchant. The commission should have posted within a couple of hours but still nothing as yet. I have just sent an email to the merchant through the CJ mailing system, so I'll wait and see what happens today. I also have a copy of the confirmation email to prove the sale is legit, so they cannot dispute this one! Will keep you all posted as to what occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    This is not a "batch" merchant. The commission should have posted within a couple of hours but still nothing as yet. I have just sent an email to the merchant through the CJ mailing system, so I'll wait and see what happens today. I also have a copy of the confirmation email to prove the sale is legit, so they cannot dispute this one! Will keep you all posted as to what occurs.
    Any update on your issue?

I've done several recent test transactions which did not track, with several different merchants.

Can't help but wonder if somebody at CJ may be diverting commissions to their own pocket. I've got cookies on my pc, receipts in my hand, and no corresponding commissions reported in my CJ account.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    "I've done several recent test transactions which did not track, with several different merchants."

Which merchants? I checked the Test Purchase forum and only see 2 recent ones, endless.com not tracking and a zchocolate one tracking.

endless.com was nonresponsive to concerns.

still waiting for resolution (or lack thereof) from the others.

the fact remains that there is an issue with CJ sales either not being tracked, or being diverted.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Odds are that a sale isn't tracked because of:
    a) A pixel issue on the merchant end
    b) Cookie blocked by the user's browser
    c) Cookie blocked by an internet "security" program

Least common reasons why a sale wouldn't track:
    a) An issue in CJ's control
    b) A parasite stole the commission. If you're making a purchase and posting here, I highly doubt a parasite is involved. Either way, parasite stealing of commissions occurs less often than any of the reasons I listed in the first list.
    Can't help but wonder if somebody at CJ may be diverting commissions to their own pocket
    Someone at CJ diverting commissions to their own pocket? I can say that there's no way for that to happen behind the scenes. If there was, it would be very noticeable to merchants, accounting, technical, or network quality people.

I have exactly the same problem. I do not think tracking is an issue because I can see clicks are correctly tracked from CJ report. If a click can be tracked, then the tracking shall work properly (at least in my end and in CJ's end).

At CJ tracking is NEVER effected ... that is their mantra ... but you can bet one thing,
    tracking at CJ is ALWAYS INFECTED.

And BTW, almost every employee at CJ is also an affiliate and they are competing with you.

The problem with CJ is they have been lying for so long, they have no idea what, when and where they say stuff ... to them it's all the truth. You could make book that 50% of all sales and leads made for all merchants, DO NOT get reported or get poached by CJ employees, parasites or executives at Value Click.

Quote Originally Posted by net4biz
    At CJ tracking is NEVER effected ... that is their mantra ... but you can bet one thing,
    tracking at CJ is ALWAYS INFECTED.

And BTW, almost every employee at CJ is also an affiliate and they are competing with you.

The problem with CJ is they have been lying for so long, they have no idea what, when and where they say stuff ... to them it's all the truth. You could make book that 50% of all sales and leads made for all merchants, DO NOT get reported or get poached by CJ employees, parasites or executives at Value Click.
    From when I worked on the merchant end of a few CJ programs, I can say that I never saw an account get sales that was tied to anyone working at CJ, and I had contact with or looked into pretty much any affiliate doing any sort of sales or leads. As for "almost every employee at CJ is also an affiliate", you probably don't know about the "Triple Jangro" incedent, where three account managers at CJ left in early 2006 to not have to deal with a new policy that forbade CJ employees from being affiliates.

From being on the merchant side, I can say that back-end numbers always closely matched up with what was credited to affiliates, and any discrepancy could be attributed to the small percentage of users whose cookies are blocked either by a browser or an internet security product.

Hi Grumpy,

Did you receive any response from the merchant? We are in the same boat. I sent an email to the affiliate manager via CJ and I am waiting for response.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    It's now been over 12 hours and CJ has not yet posted a sale for a hosting package that was ordered from a link on my site yesterday evening ($100 commish!!). I placed the order myself for a client with ipowerweb, so I know that it was done correctly. If it was another hosting company that has known issues with paying out commissions I could understand, but I've sold numerous hosting packages prior to this one and ipowerweb has always recorded the sale within a 1-2 hour period, so something is radically wrong at CJ. If it was a small sale I wouldn't sweat about it, but I'm certainly not going to let this one slide. I know there are others reporting here that they are missing sales, so what the heck is going on .

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Someone at CJ diverting commissions to their own pocket? I can say that there's no way for that to happen behind the scenes. If there was, it would be very noticeable to merchants, accounting, technical, or network quality people.
    Wasn't there recently a lawsuit against CJ for something along those lines. How did that go?

From what I have understood, CJ is also extremely finicky about using their affiliate codes exactly as they are provided. I asked their support a question about this once (I had a script/site module where it was a little difficult to insert anything other than one URL), and got the answer that changing anything meant they couldn't guarantee the link would track and that the only legitimate way of changing something would be to contact the individual advertiser.

CJ requests that yo use their codes as provided to ensure that their tracking pixel is fired when in use. Otherwise, they may lose out on some sales (as they do get a percentage of every sale as well).

Back on their tracking, I also find at times that the reports show different figures give or take 10-20 dollars. However, at the end of the day, I find their network the best out of the ones I've seen so far (including SAS). That's just my opinion.

Follow-up:

I got my commission back after sending ipowerweb two emails. They corrected the error and manually added my commission shortly.

ipowerweb

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0516
    Follow-up:

I got my commission back after sending ipowerweb two emails. They corrected the error and manually added my commission shortly.

ipowerweb
    I'm glad you got your commissions but did they tell you why the commission was not paid in the first place? I would want to know as you might be losing a lot of money if they are not reporting your sales properly and only reporting them when you send an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Odds are that a sale isn't tracked because of:
    a) A pixel issue on the merchant end
    Pixel images don't have anything to do with commission reports, they are just for showing how many impressions are made!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I'm glad you got your commissions but did they tell you why the commission was not paid in the first place? I would want to know as you might be losing a lot of money if they are not reporting your sales properly and only reporting them when you send an email.

Pixel images don't have anything to do with commission reports, they are just for showing how many impressions are made!

I did not ask why it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I'm not referring to impression pixels in text links, I'm referring to confirmation pixels (which is how sales are recorded). See http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=3693 for more info.

You know that is the only scarry thing, when a sale doesn't track and then the am credits you.....the question then should become how many other sales slipped through? i am phasing out cj links, like I know fat cow pays out 100.00 on cj but thru there own inhouse it is a little less but I don't have to mess w/cj as a middle man, the more you look the more you will find that you really don't have to be involved with big companies like CJ and Linkshare, you can find really good programs on your own with their inhouse programs.
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymax Stores
    CJ requests that yo use their codes as provided to ensure that their tracking pixel is fired when in use. Otherwise, they may lose out on some sales (as they do get a percentage of every sale as well).

Back on their tracking, I also find at times that the reports show different figures give or take 10-20 dollars. However, at the end of the day, I find their network the best out of the ones I've seen so far (including SAS). That's just my opinion.
    Could this be.. because of Goldencan ?

Your program is on the "FREE" from 4th click on the CJ network ...

Are you able to determine if the sells are being generated from the GC intergration?

Thanks!

Tracking a sale
    Hi Jodyq,

I am new with CJ, I am receiving more than 500 impressions in a day and 10 clicks on my newly developed website. But so far I haven't received any commission, I dont know what I am missing or what do I need more to know.

I am using Image tracking url along with my product display and keeping track of all clicks.

Please help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    You know that is the only scarry thing, when a sale doesn't track and then the am credits you.....the question then should become how many other sales slipped through? i am phasing out cj links, like I know fat cow pays out 100.00 on cj but thru there own inhouse it is a little less but I don't have to mess w/cj as a middle man, the more you look the more you will find that you really don't have to be involved with big companies like CJ and Linkshare, you can find really good programs on your own with their inhouse programs.

ABW Ambassador
    I sent over 80 clicks yesterday which is about my average and hardly anything converted and was one of the worst days I have had this year. I'm sure there was something wrong with the tracking as that just doesn't add up. I see tracking is working again today though.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast