Letstalk affiliate program - affiliate testimonials?
    I've searched ABW but only find posts from two years ago that are near relevant.

Have any of you had any luck with this program? Do they pay out?

My concern is that they don't pay until the item is shipped out which means you'll a great deal of referalls that won't pass the credit check.

Probably why they have a high pay out to begin with. I think they would do much better if they had a smaller lead payout instead.

Thanks in advance!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not familiar with this program, but a lot of merchants don't consider a sale made until it's filled or shipped, and I believe they can't charge the credit card until merchandise is shipped.

Personally, I don't think it's unfair for a merchant not to pay commission if they don't get paid. Else they'd end up paying for a lot of bad orders and losing money.

How it affects return days is a different story. But as I said I've never heard of this program.

This is an issue across the board for Cell Phones / Satellite TV and a few other verticals that do a credit check.

I think Payout is high because they get a higher bounty from the mobile phone companies.

good luck

ABW Ambassador
    Here's an AM's take on it (products):

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...05&postcount=8

And he's right. My Staples purchase(s) yesterday were confimed by email, but included that they were pending credit approval, which didn't happen until the goods shipped.

And they didn't show up in the stats until after the merchandise went out. What I didn't check was whether that was before or after physical delivery, but nevertheless it was NOT before the orders were shipped after the credit checked out.

GoColts, When I had some targeted traffic way back in the past to one of my sites Letstalk converted pretty good for the amt of traffic I had. I've pretty much let the site just sit there for a long time now so only a sale every now and then comes in from them. I tried a lot of different merchants back then on my cell phone site and Letstalk converted the best for me. There isn't much traffic going to that site these days so I can't really say how they are converting now

Interesting timing on your post. I just switched out all my Let's Talk links yesterday and replaced them with KoolPhone from SAS.

The reason? I tried to order a new phone from my Let's Talk link and the whole process felt like a scam. The originally advertised cash back offer was only good if you signed up for a $30 a month add-on plan, and when I finally got to the checkout screen I was somehow looking at a $150 bill on an originally promised free phone with $100 cash back offer.

Instead, I ordered a Blackberry Curve through Koolphone with a straightforward process, and the $50 commission was immediately applied to my account after the sale.

Thank you everyone for your comments - greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    Interesting timing on your post. I just switched out all my Let's Talk links yesterday and replaced them with KoolPhone from SAS.

The reason? I tried to order a new phone from my Let's Talk link and the whole process felt like a scam. The originally advertised cash back offer was only good if you signed up for a $30 a month add-on plan, and when I finally got to the checkout screen I was somehow looking at a $150 bill on an originally promised free phone with $100 cash back offer.

Instead, I ordered a Blackberry Curve through Koolphone with a straightforward process, and the $50 commission was immediately applied to my account after the sale.
    Thanks Rick - I'll check them out. I assume then they allow you to purchase through your own link with no qualms - or am I mistaken?

Yes, per their TOS:

Affiliates are allowed to give themselves a free phone (if signed up for phone service) and they will be paid their normal commissions. Phones that are purchased, rather than a free phone, will also be paid commissions.
    Pretty sweet deal

I am looking for a datafeed for cells,does koolphone offer this?

Update:

Almost 200 clicks later - no leads / sales from Letstalk. My campaign was actually for a different product that is in demand but not free phones.

However, I did use tiny url for this campaign and it's still debateable whether they might "accidentally" insert their affiliate link for ours. The affiliate manager said the links should have no problem with tinyurl.

I know 200 clicks is early - put if I had used PPC, which thank God I did not, I would have been in the negative ROI - not good.

CJ issue, tinyurl issue, or Letstalk issue. Who knows - I don't have the time to waste to try and figure it out.

On to the next program.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grace5
    I am looking for a datafeed for cells,does koolphone offer this?
    Good morning Grace,

Welcome to our family and our forum.

We invite you to check out the data feed at our client, RizeMobile. They are a top notch cell phone merchant on SAS as well.

You can get more information here, third merchant on the list.

Thank you in advance ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Update:

Weird - maybe somebody read my thread - maybe not but after +200 clicks I actually received a sale.

I'll leave some small spider webs out there but not going to invest more time into their program.

Thanks for all the responses.

I was a LetsTalk customer and their service is wonderful!

I assume their affiliate program will be the same thing. I haven't tried it yet though coz' I didn't know there is one, but I will go ahead and apply now

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread