Is SAS better than CJ?
    I've been exclusively using CJ mainly because of ebay and the power of their flexible destination tool.

Do any of SAS merchants have such a tool that will lead directly to products?

Thanks in advance!!

Recent ebay changes and what seems to be tracking issues with either the merchant or cj are the reasons I'm looking into other affiliate options and seeking your help.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    SAS has a "Create a Custom Link to a Page" tool that allows you to create an affiliate link to any page.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    The SAS interface isnt the most user friendly right off the bat. However once you get a handle on it, using the interface becomes a breeze. With all of the updates that they have added over the past year, it just keeps getting better and better.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

http and a telephoto
    You should go look at the merchants, if you need the products offered, then you dive into the interface. They have Make a Page for merchants with datafeeds, and the custom link tool for merchants that support deep linking (most do).
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    SAS has a "Create a Custom Link to a Page" tool that allows you to create an affiliate link to any page.
    Thanks Seymour

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    The SAS interface isnt the most user friendly right off the bat. However once you get a handle on it, using the interface becomes a breeze. With all of the updates that they have added over the past year, it just keeps getting better and better.
    Thanks Brent

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    You should go look at the merchants, if you need the products offered, then you dive into the interface. They have Make a Page for merchants with datafeeds, and the custom link tool for merchants that support deep linking (most do).
    Thanks loxly

> "SAS has a "Create a Custom Link to a Page" tool that allows you to create an affiliate link to any page." <

This has worked quite well for me for the past 2+ years, for one merchant who offered thousands of products but had no datafeed. With their permission, I extracted product data from their site and created "direct product links" that I included in a directory site I maintained (I sold that site last July).

For that same merchant, I also launched direct-to-merchant PPC campaigns for each product. Unfortunately, a few months ago, that merchant made some unfortunate changes to their site design, and their conversion rate collapsed over the past few months (for my PPC campaigns, conversions dropped from about 2% down to about 0.5%), which has led me to pare back my PPC campaigns for that merchant by more than 90%.

I've tried many times to replicate the profit I earned from that merchant, using the same techniques, but it's definitely a lot of work to "build your own datafeed," and usually the PPC bid rates turn out to be unaffordable.

In fact, this is how I'm spending about half my time this week, identifying and contacting the "right" merchants who don't have datafeeds, and requesting permission to run product-based PPC tests.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    > "SAS has a "Create a Custom Link to a Page" tool that allows you to create an affiliate link to any page." <

This has worked quite well for me for the past 2+ years, for one merchant who offered thousands of products but had no datafeed. With their permission, I extracted product data from their site and created "direct product links" that I included in a directory site I maintained (I sold that site last July).

For that same merchant, I also launched direct-to-merchant PPC campaigns for each product. Unfortunately, a few months ago, that merchant made some unfortunate changes to their site design, and their conversion rate collapsed over the past few months (for my PPC campaigns, conversions dropped from about 2% down to about 0.5%), which has led me to pare back my PPC campaigns for that merchant by more than 90%.

I've tried many times to replicate the profit I earned from that merchant, using the same techniques, but it's definitely a lot of work to "build your own datafeed," and usually the PPC bid rates turn out to be unaffordable.

In fact, this is how I'm spending about half my time this week, identifying and contacting the "right" merchants who don't have datafeeds, and requesting permission to run product-based PPC tests.
    Thanks for the info - that's a good approach "permission based PPC tests" - never thought of that.

I've heard a lot about data feeds but really am not a Technical savy person. I did recently read about using golden can but haven't tried that yet.

Affiliate Manager
    All the major networks has data feed tool to help you deep link the to product pages.
    However , you can go to glodencan , popshop for more cool thingings .

Gump Kan

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread