1/30/08 7pm - LinkShare Summit - Dinner at Bubba Gumps?
    I'll be in San Francisco from 1/30/08 - 2/1/08 for the LinkShare Summit, and I have a $50 Bubba Gump Gift Certificate that expires the following week. Would anyone like to meet up on 1/30 or 1/31 at the Bubba Gump at Fisherman's Wharf? It's just a short (okay, maybe 2 mile) cable car ride down the hill from the convention hotel.

UPDATE: It'll be on 1/30/08 at 7pm.

Current Attendees: 5

Michael Coley
    Connie Berg
    Michael Nunez
    Jon Nunez
    Cathy Mueller
    Last edited by MichaelColey; January 29th, 2008 at 08:25 AM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Man, I am going to miss that event and city...

S F rocks and I enjoyed myself there.. and learned lots of new things.
    (maybe boston '08 and I will see you there Mike)

Outsourced Program Manager
    In for 2 .

Any date and time preference? I'm leaning toward 1/30. It looks like there are official events both 1/30 (PartnerMaker from 6-9) and 1/31 (After Party & Dinner from 7-10), but I'm probably not going to either. I wouldn't be opposed to doing it after the official events (Bubba Gump is open until 11pm), but would rather do it at a more normal dinner time.

Also, if anyone is up for doing dinner on the other night, I know of an awesome Italian restaurant. It's about 3/4 of the way between the convention hotel and Fisherman's Wharf. An Italian friend of mine grew up in SF and his family went there quite frequently. It's more family style rather than fancy. They have like a 7-course dinner which is just incredible. I'll probably be going there the other night, whether anyone else is interested or not.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; December 28th, 2007 at 06:11 AM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I do plan on doing the official party on the 31st so the 30th would work for me. I get on on the 30th around 2pm so the 30th would work for me.

30th works for me.

Okay, let's say 7pm on the 30th then! I'll make reservations a few days before, based on the response here.

So far we have 4.

Michael Coley
    Connie Berg
    Michael Nunez
    Jon Nunez
    Last edited by MichaelColey; December 28th, 2007 at 01:57 PM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Awesome, yes, both Jon and I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    It's just a short (okay, maybe 2 mile) cable car ride down the hill from the convention hotel.
    Anyone wanting to take the cable car (it's just $5 and if you've never been on one, it's a cool experience!), there is a stop just a block east of Hotel Nikko (at Powell & O'Farrel). Just take the Powell-Mason line to the end of the downtown route and you're just a few blocks from Fisherman's Wharf. Powell-Hyde works too, but you'll have a few more blocks to walk.

The weather is typically around 50 in the evenings in January, so be sure to bring a jacket.

If you've never been to Fisherman's Wharf, there are tons of great shops there.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; January 19th, 2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Added more detail on the cable cars.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I would like to join you at Bubba Gump's.

Looking forward to meeting some more abestweber's!

Cathy Mueller

I just wanted to ping this again to see if anyone else wanted to join us!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

if i'm not too late and there is still room, i would love to join you all for dinner. i totally understand if there's no room. thanks and look forward to seeing everyone at the linkshare summit.

No, there's plenty of room! I've added you to the list.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

thanks! i'm delighted to be dining with you folks.

i'm very dissappointed to say that i will not be able to make the bubba gump's dinner. i was really looking forward to it. however, something has come up and i not be able to attend. i'm sure i'll be missing some lively conversation and some good eats. instead, i'll see you first thing thursday morning at the linkshare event where you can catch me up on what i missed. have a great time. so sorry.

We'll miss you, Lisa, but look forward to seeing you Thursday!

If anyone else would like to come along, just let me know. This is TOMORROW (Wednesday) night! Bubba Gump's doesn't take reservations, but they do take call ahead seating (so I'll be calling in advance) and there usually isn't a wait this time of year.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

That sounds terrific
    So cool to go to Bubba Gump's for dinner. And just THINKING about a two mile cable car ride in SF makes me G R E E N with a touch of envy.

Wish I could be there. It would be good to connect with real people.
    Alabama has me in its grasp for now.

Hey. I will be planting leeks and garlic before this day is done. That's cool too.
    We grow some terrific organic garlic in this bottomland soil. Just have to irrigate or it is too hot to eat!

Have fun in SF.

Sorry I had to miss you guys. I would rather be in San Francisco than here in Minnesota where the temps have been around -30 degrees. With my dad in the hospital I had to cancel my trip.

Ah Now I know why it is SO quiet out here!
    Most of the people here are NOT here.

Hope you are having fun in SF.

I recall reading that was coming up. BUT NOW I see what happens when so many of you/us all leave for a conference.

woof.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread