Question about 0 day cookie
    I am working with one merchant. Generated a lot of sales to them. They seems reliable since they are auto-deposit merchant and have only one time temporarily offline. However, their cookies duration has been changed from 45 days (same as their condition on CJ) to 0 day. What is this? Is this mean only people whom clicked and buy instantly is the only way for me to get commissions? Why they reduce their cookies duration from 45 days to 0 day? CJ still 45 but SAS is 0. Could this mean the merchant has a less of funds?

Honestly, I don't know if it's good or bad if I ask this to merchant directly. Not sure if it would effect on my earning with them. so why I'm asking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Puripong
    However, their cookies duration has been changed from 45 days (same as their condition on CJ) to 0 day. What is this? Is this mean only people whom clicked and buy instantly is the only way for me to get commissions?
    In a a word, yes. Run a Return Day Analysis from the SaS interface to find out what your average visitor return days are. Anything above 0 will be potentially lost revenue in the future.

Why they reduce their cookies duration from 45 days to 0 day?
    Apparently the merchant has decided that this is an excellent way to get free advertising at the expense of their affiliates.

CJ still 45 but SAS is 0. Could this mean the merchant has a less of funds?
    I'm not sure what motivates a merchant to have a 0 day cookie other than greed. If the merchant converts well for you then you may want to join their program on CJ, however, they obviously don't see their affiliates as valued partners.

Honestly, I don't know if it's good or bad if I ask this to merchant directly. Not sure if it would effect on my earning with them. so why I'm asking here.
    I don't see any problem with asking the merchant directly. It will give you an opportunity to express your displeasure with their decision and possibly give them an opportunity to reconsider what is a very affiliate un-friendly policy.

You may also want to post the name of the merchant. If enough affiliates complain about their new terms or drop their program in favor of competitors it could also cause them to to reconsider.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt

You may also want to post the name of the merchant. If enough affiliates complain about their new terms or drop their program in favor of competitors it could also cause them to to reconsider.

-rematt
    I'd love to know who the merchant is. From 45 days to 0 days cookie is a huge red flag and I would love to remove links if I have this merchant on my site.

And everything else Rematt said.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I'd love to know who the merchant is. From 45 days to 0 days cookie is a huge red flag and I would love to remove links if I have this merchant on my site.

And everything else Rematt said.
    Yes, please post merchant name... I think it is very sneaky to be changing it. Obviously we check cookie duration when we sign up, but later?

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    Yes, please post merchant name... I think it is very sneaky to be changing it. Obviously we check cookie duration when we sign up, but later?
    Not only sneaky for changing it and not notifying affiliates but seems to scream "we don't affiliates".
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Run.........from a merchant doing that.

We just had a sale yesterday on EF for 80 day cookie (Click Date: 10/08/2007 // Period of time between click and sale (Return Days): 80 Days )

There is no excuse for any merchant doing that and not even notifying their affiliates. That's one case where I say there should be something in sas automated or an email sent to affiliates automatic when ever a merchant makes such a change after program is already live.

Don't merchants do this in cases of TM violation? (i.e. just for the one affiliate, not across the board). More reason to tell who this is!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread