What does "Last Commissionable Transaction" mean?
    When checking a merchant's stats I thought this line:

Last Commissionable Transaction through Affiliate: 12/21/2007 03:21.54 PM

Meant through *any* affiliate. So I've been staring at it and wondering why the heck the merchant has so suddenly stopped converting after such a good start.

Then the AM tells me they've had tonnes of sales since 12/21, and now I notice that the transaction date/time happens to be the same as for MY last transaction with them.

So now I wonder - is it my last commissionable transaction through them or is it any commissionable transaction from any affiliate?

ABW Ambassador
    It's any affiliate. You can check merchants you're not partnered with and check out their last commissionable transaction.

So I guess that particular indicator is a bit unreliable or slow to update?

I've tended to use it to decide if a merchant is converting well. I guess I should be more aware of any mitigating factors which influence these numbers/dates.

Be careful assuming that a merchant can't do well, just because they don't have many (or any) producing affiliates. I've found some "hidden gems" on SAS that seldom had any sales before I started working with them. The only way you can tell how they will work for you is for you to try them. If promoted right (i.e. with highly targeted traffic), just about any merchant can do well.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_C
    So I guess that particular indicator is a bit unreliable or slow to update?

I've tended to use it to decide if a merchant is converting well. I guess I should be more aware of any mitigating factors which influence these numbers/dates.
    That one is pretty reliable to me. So not sure if what you're being told by the AM is correct, the tons of sales. Brian should be able to give more details on that one. I had thought is was pretty much automatic. With SAS, a sale shows up pretty instantly in your reports so I figured the Last Transaction date pretty much did too, still think that's how it works.

The one I wouldn't pay any attention to is the Compliance Test, which is a joke to me and they should just get rid of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Be careful assuming that a merchant can't do well, just because they don't have many (or any) producing affiliates.
    Yeah, I was surprised to see this merchant had 74 affiliates signed up and in the last 30 days produced 10 sales on 560 or so visitors, with myself driving perhaps 2-300 clicks to them.

The other affiliates must be sending a trickle. I dunno what to make of that, they're probably frightened by the high minimum bids.

So am I, but hey - no risk, no gain, that's the game.

Yeah, I was surprised to see this merchant had 74 affiliates signed up and in the last 30 days produced 10 sales on 560 or so visitors, with myself driving perhaps 2-300 clicks to them.

The other affiliates must be sending a trickle. I dunno what to make of that, they're probably frightened by the high minimum bids.

So am I, but hey - no risk, no gain, that's the game.
    How do you check the number of affiliates signed up with the merchant?

Oh, sorry for the confusion, the AM was kind enough to show me some of the stats from his end - just to prove the program is actually converting. I just happened to notice some of the other numbers too.

It's nothing we can see on our end, unfortunately. Sorry if you went looking for it.

Oh, sorry for the confusion, the AM was kind enough to show me some of the stats from his end - just to prove the program is actually converting. I just happened to notice some of the other numbers too.

It's nothing we can see on our end, unfortunately. Sorry if you went looking for it.
    Oh, no problem. Was just a bit surprised when I read your post.

Glad you asked. I was wondering that, too.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread