Adwords Help
    Hello Everyone,

I am somewhat experienced with Adwords but am having an issue now that I dont get.

I have a very targeted landing page that is very targeted to my keywords but when i set adwords to this destination it trys to set the min bid at something ridiculous like a $1 or so. But when I type these keywords into google there are no advertisers that come up on the ad side.

Any advice on how to handle this would be great.
    Could it be the destination url if it is straight to the advertiser and is a smart link? This is the only thing I can think of really.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    matt

In adwords, sometimes a low quality score just means that google, based on past experience, doesn't expect your ad to get very many clicks. High click through rates are a major factor in the google quality score. Google thinks that if an ad gets clicks, then it is "relevant". (or really that it will make money and not waste their computer resources)

Sometimes you can really boost your quality score just by making sure the exact keyword phrase occurs in the text of your adwords ad. I have, in the past, had to delete my adgroup and re-create it with the keyword rich ad text in order to get instant gratification on the lower minimum bid.

BTW. Sometimes, google just chooses not to sell ad space for certain keywords. Take "Britney Spears" for instance... High volume searches, no ads... Because past CTR have been so bad for everyone bidding on this keyword, I believe google's quality score algorithm says, "Nope, your ad is like many others that have run, and they didn't get clicks, so you won't either, and because of this, your ad isn't relevant.." (just my opinion, anyone else, chime in...)

http://www.google.com/search?q=Britn...ient=firefox-a
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Also, please note that this is a very popular question, if you search ABW or WebmasterWorld for "Adwords High Minimum Bid" you will get enough reading and ideas to keep you busy.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread