"Sales not reporting" for Keen.com $100 per signup.
    I have 2 verified sales through the Keen.com CJ affiliate program by friends of mine. The program is supposed to pay $100 for each signup once a caller deposits a minimum of $10 on their website.

My friends have confirmed with me that they used the banners on my webpage, have also checked the charges on their credit cards.

BUT i have not seen the reported sale of $100 from keen.com in my pending payments. WHAT GIVES?? Anyone else promoting for this compnay???

I think something is very strange here that they are not reporting my sales!! Now i realize they work on a Batch payment process. I have waited past 2 different batch dates, and still no sales!

I have contacting them through cj mail & their website directly, and NO response!

Any advice from other users??
    How should i proceed to get my sale commission?

Thank you susan

What is the merchants complete name or ID? Can you link to the merchants page?

URL: http://www.keen.com

Joined Network: 30-May-2001
    Category: Astrology

Description: Join the Keen Affiliate Program today and earn $100 for every new customer you refer to us with a 90 day return window! To help you get started, your customers will have a "3-minute free" promotion to try out our service. When the 3 minute promotion is up, the customer will have a chance to continue their call by depositing money into their Keen account. Once the customer deposits any amount of money, you earn $100. Keen provides your users a convenient and private way to get amazing and accurate advice from top-rated psychics, tarot, and astrology readers. Keen allows your users to connect live, for immediate advice on life's issues via their telephone. Your user's privacy is ensured because Keen makes the call - their phone number and other personal information are never revealed. Join Today!

Program Term: $100 Referral Promotion

The program is supposed to pay $100 for each signup once a caller deposits a minimum of $10 on their website.
    That sounds like an um.. strange business model to me. Granted, some people might spend way over $100 on a psychic or whatever, but overall?

Call CJ, or put in a support ticket. Demand that they contact the merchant for a test transaction.

It says:

Description: Join the Keen Affiliate Program today and earn $100 for every new customer you refer to us with a 90 day return window!

You have to wait 90 days fool.

Quote Originally Posted by ideagod
    It says:

Description: Join the Keen Affiliate Program today and earn $100 for every new customer you refer to us with a 90 day return window!

You have to wait 90 days fool.
    Why do you call him a fool? We're not in the street!
    Transactions in CJ always appear 2 hours after being performed, I don't think the 90-day window has anything to do with it.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    >with a 90 day return window
    I suspect this would be referring to cookie duration, but this should be confirmed with the Keen type people.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Angry Same Problem Here
    Was this issue resolved? I sent over 1000+ targeted users to the site last week and not one conversion. I waited all week to see when the latest batch update was uploaded, and still no conversions after the batch was finally uploaded.

Anyone hear back on this yet? I'm really going to be disappointed if this program is not tracking their pixels correctly.

PS - The 90 days definitely refers to the cookie. So the person who stated that you have to wait 90 days for a commission is not correct.

ABW Ambassador
    Transactions in CJ always appear 2 hours after being performed
    Not for batch merchants.

I don't think the 90-day window has anything to do with it.
    Regardless of the fact that the description says 90 days, the Program Terms say 45 days and that's what prevails. But you're right, that has nothing to do with the sales not reporting at the first batch transfer date after the sales occurred.

i losing the transaction too

Has Anyone Reported them Yet?
    Has anyone contacted them or CJ about this yet?

There is absolutely no way I sent them as much traffic as I did without getting 1 conversion in the past week. Even singlesue23 confirms that his warm market referrals did not get credited as commissions.

Either their pixel isn't firing, they are a shady advertiser, or they have some sort of lag in reporting transactions in their batch file.

All I know is something is not right here.

> "There is absolutely no way I sent them as much traffic as I did [over 1000+ targeted users] without getting 1 conversion in the past week." <

Okay, I'm not an affiliate of this merchant (nor of CJ), but I have to point out that an astrology site is going to attract a LOT of "free-seekers," and given the huge number of scam artists in that industry, consumers are quite likely to be extremely hesitant and cautious. Thus, a conversion rate below 0.1% is entirely possible.

Of course, I don't know how "highly targeted" your 1,000 visitors were, so perhaps you're right that it's not credible to have zero transactions from these particular visitors. Certainly, your experience, when combined with the independent experience of "singlesue," would reasonably justify a demand for an explanation from the merchant -- and in the absence of a credible response, you'd be foolish to continue the relationship.

BUT even if someone signs up, some time may pass before they deposit funds into their account. And if the merchant uses batch transactions, they could conceivably be posted days or weeks later, and possibly only after the return period expires. That could explain why you wouldn't see transactions yet.

Another issue, for me: it's highly unusual to see three different people report the same issue, without one of them reporting on what happened when they attempted to contact the merchant or CJ. It's especially unusual to see three separate reports (all from "new-to-ABW" users) connected with a single obscure merchant, with no comments from "experienced members" whove' had experience with the merchant. Of course, the first post might have been found by the others through a Google search, bringing them here to commiserate, so it's certanly plausible -- but still highly unusual.

This reminds me of another thread this past week, where a new-to-ABW affiliate posted a series of complaint about payment, but completely ignored all positive suggestions (such as "ask the company") and just kept complaining (in fact, changing the "facts" of the complaint over time). When this happens, folks like me wonder if this is just a "smear campaign" against a company.

The "solution" would seem to be very, very, very simple here: clear your cookies, click your affiliate link, sign up as a customer of the merchant, and deposit funds. See if that transaction is reported. If it's not reported, then contact the merchant, explain what you did, and demand an explanation. If they don't respond or can't provide a credible explanation, drop the merchant.

Oops, one more Perhaps, as new users, you did not realize that your post here will NOT be seen by "the right people" at CJ nor at the merchant. Some affiliate managers actively participate on ABestWeb, and some merchants and networks are well-represented here, but CJ is currently not one of those. You absolutely need to contact CJ and the merchant directly, using whatever communication channels they suggest -- griping here may alert other affiliates to issues, but without any follow-up from the company it's inconclusive and ineffective at solving your problem.
    Last edited by markwelch; March 1st, 2008 at 10:57 AM.

Mark - I tried out a campaign for Keen.com myself (what I consider extremely targeted), and found that I didn't get any conversions when I thought that I should have at least gotten a few. However, last I checked, they do have a steady, decent EPC, and steady earnings bars, indicating that there are definitely people making money from the program. Never quite had that weird of a test with any other merchant, so it just may be the psychic market.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    >
    Another issue, for me: it's highly unusual to see three different people report the same issue, without one of them reporting on what happened when they attempted to contact the merchant or CJ. It's especially unusual to see three separate reports (all from "new-to-ABW" users) connected with a single obscure merchant, with no comments from "experienced members" whove' had experience with the merchant. Of course, the first post might have been found by the others through a Google search, bringing them here to commiserate, so it's certanly plausible -- but still highly unusual.

This reminds me of another thread this past week, where a new-to-ABW affiliate posted a series of complaint about payment, but completely ignored all positive suggestions (such as "ask the company") and just kept complaining (in fact, changing the "facts" of the complaint over time). When this happens, folks like me wonder if this is just a "smear campaign" against a company.
    Thank you for the time to respond with such a detailed response.

Rest assured, this is by no means a smear campaign. And yes, I did find this thread on a google search for info on the keen affiliate program. I've been with them a short time, and I stopped sending traffic after I saw $0 in commissions after their recent batch transfer. I did my google search because I wanted to find out if there is a lag time for transactions that are included in each batch.

If you look at the history of my posts in this thread, you will see that I am merely asking to see if anyone had already went through the process of contacting the advertiser and/or CJ yet. Since it was late Friday night when I wanted my answer, I figured I might get an answer quicker through this forum (most affiliate managers don't work weekends) than by contacting CJ.

The original forum post here is dated December 2007 - with this in mind, it would be very logical to believe that someone here may have gone through the process of contacting CJ or Keen already.

If nobody has contacted CJ/keen about this, believe me, I will.

I think you have to wait for the batch which appears to have happened yesterday...

Last Batch Data Transfer Dates:
    29-Feb-2008
    29-Feb-2008
    18-Feb-2008

Did u try posting this on the other large CJ forum. It is a lot more active and I think CJ watches it. Just search and you should find it. Many Keen affiliates there.

Quote Originally Posted by HazelB
    I think you have to wait for the batch which appears to have happened yesterday...

Last Batch Data Transfer Dates:
    29-Feb-2008
    29-Feb-2008
    18-Feb-2008

Did u try posting this on the other large CJ forum. It is a lot more active and I think CJ watches it. Just search and you should find it. Many Keen affiliates there.

Thanks. Yes, I saw the batch uploaded yesterday just as you show. That is what prompted my concern...I had delivered lots of traffic the week leading into this batch (Feb 19 - Feb 29) and I didn't have any conversions at all. That is why I was hoping the latest batch itself might only contains leads from maybe 2 weeks prior? Hopefully?

Thanks again - I will look into the other forum and contact the advertiser/CJ for more info.

singlesue23 - Did you ever contact CJ or Keen about this? If so, can you let me know what they said?

I made money with Keen like 3 years ago. The payout was different then and so was their biz model. They always paid me and I never had a problem with them. However, when I was working that niche, I did well with a numerology book from clickbank. I still see ads for it so it's probably still around. The web page had a picture of a David Copperfield (take me to Bahamas anytime Davy) looking man on it.

Still No Answer
    Just to keep everyone updated - I did contact both CJ & Keen.com a few days ago and I did not get any responses.

The 7-day EPC dropped on Keen.com after their most recent batch on 2/29, so I'm hoping the batch upload was not complete. Or hopefully their reporting within each batch is lagged somehow. Who knows, maybe their pixel got removed and they aren't tracking sales properly.

Something still doesn't seem right, so hopefully I'll get an answer. I would've hoped for a response by now though.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread