You've helped me so far with exercise equipment, and for that I thank you. (No, I haven't done anything about it yet. But I'm GOING TO...for real.)

Anyway, I am sure you all know, too, of a great site for cheap vacations. I recently got an email from British Airways about this wonderful fare to London - we got all excited about it, and were ready to book the trip when we realized that it was one way fares they were hocking, and the return flight was 3 times as much. Meanwhile, my 10 year old son was already telling his friends we were going to London. Heck, I was telling all *my* friends we were going to London.

So help me save face. Know of any good places to find travel deals? Especially to Europe?

Thanks in advance...

-patrice

ABW Ambassador
    I am from England, and when I came over to the USA in 2000, I used a UK web site. When I had to travel back, I found that the US web sites were much much more expensive.
    I can't remember the names of the places I looked at, but you will find a lot of good deals if you search from a UK search engine, and not a US one.
    I think I used Excite.co.uk or Google.co.uk might be better.
    I am not sure if you can pay from the USA though. Do you know anyone in England who could help you?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Patrice:
    We joined the Site 59 affiliate program, which offers last-minute (i.e. less than two weeks away) deals and feedback has been quite positive. We use Expedia (and soon Travel Now) in our Travel Channel.
    (we honeymooned in Ireland and spent a week or so in England ... both awesome experiences. Have fun!)

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Affiliate Manager
    When do you want to go? I'll run a few numbers for you.

Running June 20-29 originating in Pittsburgh-
    $1,610.90(USD) for 2 Coach Class roundtrip tickets
    plus $20.00(USD) processing fee
    DELTA AIRLINES #5908, DELTA AIRLINES #36
    DELTA AIRLINES #37, DELTA AIRLINES #5251
    -----------------
    $1,480.94(USD) for 2 Coach Class roundtrip tickets
    plus $20.00(USD) processing fee
    UNITED AIRLINES #2452, UNITED AIRLINES #906
    UNITED AIRLINES #907, UNITED AIRLINES #2464
    --------------------

Frommers is always a good source- so is smarterliving.com

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

Thanks everyone!

CJShoppingnetwork, unfortunately, no, I don't know anyone in England who can help. I will check out the links above, thanks, Karl! And Jessica, we'd like to go sometime in late August, and it would be 2 adults/1 child leaving from Philly Int'l or JFK.

What I was hoping for was some sort of package deals - I can't find them, so maybe they don't exist anymore, but I remember these things called e-savers, which were packages (hotel/air, etc) that were really cheap, but you couldn't really pick the dates you wanted, they were only offered for certain dates. Our dates are really flexible, it's our wallets that aren't.

Thanks again, everyone...

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

Affiliate Manager
    If your work is as flexable as your scedule- site59 can be a great source of last minute packages- decide you will use on of thier packages in teh month of August and then watch closely. Lastminutedeals is another similiar site

Jessica Hutson

When looking to book in advance I often use Travelocity's "Dream Maps" to find cheap tickets to Europe from the states.

Also for short notice trips I watch the weekly specials emails from the airlines.

A great forum for travel information and Frequent Flyer deals is FlyerTalk:

http://www.flyertalk.com/

I have been a member there for a couple of years and was able to get two Business class tickets to Australia for my honeymoon by buying $1500 of magazine subscriptions (that deal no longer works by the way).

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com
    Solutions for Affiliate Program Managers

Couple of extra comments:

To get to the travelocity Dream Maps, go to travelocity.com, click on flights then "dream maps" in the top nav bar.

You will then need to enter an airport (PHL) and a max price (before taxes) per ticket. You will also need to click on "Western Europe" above the map. You might also need to change the months it is searching to get the best price. Once you see a good price click on it and it will allow you to choose dates etc.

Note that often the really cheap fares have restrictive rules: no refunds, have to pay a fee for any changes, have to stay a sat night, fly tues-thurs only.

I just looked for PHL to london through the end of the year and the best I found was on Lufthansa via Frankfurt, supposedly you can fly any day up to June 18th but every day was sold out for that fare so I took the second lowest choice of US Airways but that was sold out as well so it was back to British Airways and departing Tues June 10th (arriving June 11th), returning Mon June 16th gave a total including all taxes of $1257.30 (for 2 adults and 1 child, child between 2 and 12 pays full-fare on that flight).

I checked the special at the British Airways site and you can book the same flights returning a day later for $1181.17.

Looks like at the moment you aren't going to get anything as low as you were hopeing.

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com

Going from NY, cheapest is Kuwait Air, but they have no seats, next best is United: Thurs May 29th through Tues June 3rd total $1135.80.

Flight: United Airlines flight 906 on a Boeing 777 Jet
    Depart: Newark, NJ (EWR) - Thursday, May 29 at 7:30pm
    Arrive: London Heathrow, UK (LHR) - Friday, May 30 at 7:30am

Flight: United Airlines flight 907 on a Boeing 777 Jet
    Depart: London Heathrow, UK (LHR) - Tuesday, Jun 03 at 10:05am
    Arrive: Newark, NJ (EWR) - Tuesday, Jun 03 at 12:35pm

The united website has the same flights at a total of $1120.41.

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com

Hmmm...Kuwait Air...

It looks like London is out of the realm of possibilities for now. What my husband and I have decided is to tell our respective employers that we'd like to take a week's vacation somewhere around the third week of August, so that we can actually book one of those last minute things in August. It seems like they are the best deals. And since we can't really go before August anyway, that makes the most sense for us. That "site 59" is really a great find, thank you Karl and Jessica!

You've all (especially Jessica and Mark!!) been so helpful, thank you once again!!

And Mark, how long did it take to read $1500 worth of magazines?? Did you take them on the flight with you?

-patrice

Actually I donated most of the magazine subscriptions to local hospitals etc for a tax deduction ;-)

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com

Patrice:
    Don't give up yet!
    Click here to read about incredible deals to London!

Karl Smith

Wow, that's insane! That's exactly what I was looking for. I wish I wish I WISH we didn't have to travel by June 15 to take advantage of it - my son's not even out of school till then. I hope they still have them in August, or even July...

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

Patrice,

If things don't work out, I have a 25 foot travel trailer you could use here in Omaha. I would not charge near as much as the London trip. It sleeps six comfortably....bring the in-laws with you!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Mitford - RevShares.com:
    Actually I donated most of the magazine subscriptions to local hospitals<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice jesture. Its great when people think of others.

Affiliate Manager
    Karl- I can't believe you beat me to that- I just read that article and came right here to post!

Jessica Hutson

Yeah, Ron, *that'll* be the day.

-patrice

Jessica:
    There's a punchline I'm searching for, but just can't quite recall ...

Karl Smith

ABW Ambassador
    Patrice, for the cost of London airfare alone you can rent a really nice beach house on the North Carolina Outer Banks (a 7-9 hour drive from Philadelphia) for a week. Your 10 year-old will thank you. Your husband will thank you. You will thank yourself. And you'll save a bundle.

It's probably to late to book the better houses but get in touch with a realty company there (find them online ... Sun Realty, White Realty ...) and they'll probably find something that you'll be pleased with.

Thanks, Whiznot...that's another great alternative.

Whatever we do, it's going to be a great vacation. Why? Because it will be a VACATION. (I need one.)

-patrice

21. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread