WooHoo! Sometimes ya just gets lucky...
    I noticed a new referral URL in the logs for one of my sites. It turns out the City of Baltimore, on their official site, put a link to one of my pages in a really cool place. On their home page, they have a Holiday Events list with happenings around town for December.

Baltimore puts on a huge New Years Eve fireworks display attended by well over 100,000 people; and with a new mayor, this year's display is supposed to be better than ever. Well, the last link on the Holiday Events menu is for "New Years Eve at Top of the World" - and it links to one of my old* pages.

It's got to be an error by one of their web guys - because the City also has an official Office of Promotion site which should be getting that traffic.

But, then again, I'm not one to complain.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL!

* So as not to disappoint any referred visitors, I did update that page a few days ago with an official press release about the New Years Eve activities and celebration. (I am on a mailing list for city press releases.)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Good For You! But that's not luck, that's rewards.
    Way to go!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Way cool Bill!

And what 2 busy said
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Congratz, but I bet it wasn't all luck. I'll bet you worked hard and did up a good site, good enough for them to consider it worthy enough to link to.

Keep up the good work, and wishing you more and more success (and fab links) in the future.

Too sweet, Bill... Congratulations!!

Geno

Congrats, this is awesome. Seems more like efforts paying off more than luck.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Beachy]I noticed a new referral URL in the logs for one of my sites. It turns out the City of Baltimore, on their official site, put a link to one of my pages in a really cool place. On their home page, they have a Holiday Events list with happenings around town for December.

Baltimore puts on a huge New Years Eve fireworks display attended by well over 100,000 people; and with a new mayor, this year's display is supposed to be better than ever. Well, the last link on the Holiday Events menu is for "New Years Eve at Top of the World" - and it links to one of my old* pages.

It's got to be an error by one of their web guys - because the City also has an official Office of Promotion site which should be getting that traffic.QUOTE]

Well, lucky for you I contacted Baltimore and raised heck that they linked to your website without permission AND that they even put it on the wrong page!! Those nitwits - sheesh! Anyway, they said they'd get that unauthorized link off of there first thing Monday. LOL

WTG Beachy Bill - those are always frosting on the cake moments to be enjoyed & I suspect your hard work had something to do with the frosting.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

LUCK

1. the force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person's life, as in shaping circumstances, events, or opportunities: With my luck I'll probably get pneumonia.
    2. good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance: He had no luck finding work.
    3. a combination of circumstances, events, etc., operating by chance to bring good or ill to a person: She's had nothing but bad luck all year.
    4. some object on which good fortune is supposed to depend: This rabbit's foot is my luck.

You created the circumstances! - Great luck indeed.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Way to go, Beachy!

Enjoy the fruits of your labor. I'm sure your visitors will enjoy the highly entertaining content I've been reading.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Very Exciting!! Definitely a great way to start the new year!

http and a telephoto
    Cool beans
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Doesn't sound like luck to me either. It sounds like the City of Baltimore recognized a valuable resource.

Congratulations!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Congratulations

ABW Ambassador
    Great Gift from the city you love
    Way to go. Congrats, Bill - Side note: Did we meet at Think Tank?.

Thanks for all of the comments, folks. Traffic has been several hundred visitors thus far - so I'm expecting a LOT more today and tomorrow. I still can't understand why they did not link to the "official" Baltimore Office of Promotion Site that has ALL of the New Years activities information. When they linked to my page I had absolutely no information about the New Years Eve celebration (I only included the press release AFTER I found the link in my referral logs).

BTW - did y'all see the FIREWORKS SCRIPT noted @ http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=99310

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    Great Gift from the city you love
    Way to go. Congrats, Bill - Side note: Did we meet at Think Tank?.
    Thanks, RTD. Yes, we did meet at T/T. I'm sure we'll meet again at Affiliate Summit in Vegas.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Cool success story Beachy! Thanks for sharing.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread