Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Where Babies COme from
    OMG OMG OMG I'm giggling so much I can't stand it.

This German book is stirring the pots of controversy everywhere except maybe europe. I find it absolutely hilarious and can't figure out what struck my funny bone so hard. I'm also trying to decide if I would have shown this book to my kids when they were little. I probably would have, which sets me off on more giggle fits.

Check it out and click the pages to turn them and see the entire book:
    http://www.planetdan.net/pics/babies/2.htm

Would you show or would you have shown this to your little kids to explain how babies are created and born?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne

This German book is stirring the pots of controversy everywhere except maybe europe. I find it absolutely hilarious and can't figure out what struck my funny bone so hard. I'm also trying to decide if I would have shown this book to my kids when they were little. I probably would have, which sets me off on more giggle fits.

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/babies/2.htm

Would you show or would you have shown this to your little kids to explain how babies are created and born?
    No, I would not.

But years ago I asked my neighbor's 2-year old, "Sean, where do babies come from?"

He thought for a minute, and replied "Ralph's."

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    No, I would not.

But years ago I asked my neighbor's 2-year old, "Sean, where do babies come from?"

He thought for a minute, and replied "Ralph's."
    LOL - classic answer. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne

(Censored By The Other Side.)

Hey Rex,

By now you should know that I (Me!),would have no problem with that link, or that joke, because it's just (A Joke!) a funny post. but I wonder if that link can be more offensive than just saying shit here on a thread title, because today is a sacred day too!

It's the last day of a wonderful 2007!

Btw....I wonder ........ if........

You been and person like you're, and me, an and like I am, what can happen if we ever had any on our secret sites.............. too.......

What would our new pages look like?

------

OMG!!!!! That was hilarious!!!!!

Yes I would show my kids that book, especially right now as they ar teenagers and it would embarrass them to no end.......

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    What would our new pages look like?
    How about like this baby?

At the age my children are now (4 & 6), I wouldn't show them this book, it would probably scar them for life. But when they get older, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    How about like this baby?
    Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

But........

I was planning to maybe plant a couple of 's around on 2008 on any hot oven available that I could find.

But now, after seeing that picture again, (thanks for the nightmare) I think I would be going back into hibernation. I can't deal with the idea of having a child more ugly than me, much less one with that face.

Thanks for spoiling my parenthood dream for 08' webworker,

Now I am going to have to stay single for another year, until I can erase that ugly mental image from my mind again.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, they're a lot more open in Germany. Topless women by the river, not a big deal. Nudity in the TV guides, not a big deal. I had once been invited to visit a German school when I was living over there and it happened to be on a day when they were teaching sex education. I was like wow, lol, i was about 9 at the time. About the proper age, I guess when they start asking about it.

Finally! Man - I am 40 and this book really helped me figure out what was going on.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Yes, they're a lot more open in Germany. Topless women by the river, not a big deal. Nudity in the TV guides, not a big deal. I had once been invited to visit a German school when I was living over there and it happened to be on a day when they were teaching sex education. I was like wow, lol, i was about 9 at the time. About the proper age, I guess when they start asking about it.
    Actually, kids start wondering and questioning around 5 or 6.

I'm a big advocate of parents teaching kids as young as 5 or 6 about sex because otherwise, they'll learn about it from their peers who are as clueless as they are. But this book is so in your face about it that I don't know if I'd have shown it to my kids at that age. I did explain sex to them way earlier than any other parents I knew because I didn't want them to get warped ideas about it. This book might have warped them for life though. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The funniest thing about it was the look on the fetus' face! As if floating in a boring womb would make it smile so broadly LOL...and when the baby gets born it's smiling too, and doesn't seem to think being forced through a small opening into the brightness and cold is in any way unfun

Also I notice the kid is missing from the very last page. I wonder what they did with him/her?

As for whether I'd show it to kids...maybe when they're 9 or 10 depending on their individual maturity level...it looks like a fine enough way to illustrate the facts without undue sensationalism.
    Last edited by Leader; December 31st, 2007 at 07:49 PM.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread