Unhappy Should I drop?
    Hi, any advice on what to do?

I recently started promoting Medifast and Lending-Tree, I have a PPC camp running with Extremly well targeted Keywords.

Last month I have - 78 Medifast Clicks and 49 Lendingtree clicks But have not seen one sale!

Lendingtree pay commission for Leads, Filing online form in. No purchase.

So Are these guys just not paying, tracking or Am i just not getting sales?

If anyone is promoting these merchants, have you had any sales? what's your converting like, Surley 78 targeted clicks should result in 1 sale.

Thanks

Try similar merchants to see if you perform better. For instance, try another diet program such as Ediets vs. Medifast, to see which would work best. Same goes for Lending Tree. Also, make sure your keywords are "buying" keywords, and not "research" keywords.

My personal rule is if the product is less than $1000 and there's no sale in 125-175 clicks then I drastically scale back the campaign or drop it altogether.

Of course, there are many more factors that would go into my decision. The ad CTR's, the average bids, the competition for keywords, the merchant's commission rate, the product cost, the merchant's posted EPC's, whether I think the product is something people would buy, etc.

And if I were really stuck I'd make a purchase myself to test things. I did this once and discovered the merchant's whole damn tracking was offline for more than a week - I had to inform CJ and they tested it and confirmed. I guess they don't automatically check these things...so it happens.

And yeah, ask about the merchant on this forum.

It's too soon to tell - that's not very many clicks in my opinion, especially if they're spread out over a few days or so.

I have a few merchants that convert pretty consistently at around the 50 - 100 click point, but only if those clicks all occur during the same day. If traffic is low and they're spread out over a few days, they don't seem to convert (not sure of the logic here, but it does seem to pan out - kind of how restaurants get packed out at certain times, but are slow at others.. people somehow move in groups even when they don't know each other).

In any case, if your traffic is enough to get all 75 of those clicks in one day, and that's happened consistently for a few days with no sales, then I'd be concerned. Anything less than that is just not enough action/traffic to tell.

Feel free to contact me directly and I can discuss the best ways to promote LendingTree and share best practices.

affiliates@lendingtree.com

-Kelly McCarthy

Kelly,

I've tried to promote Lending Tree in the past, but didn't have much success. Would you mind sharing those tips in this forum so that other affiliate like myself can do a better job of promoting your products?

I have used Lending Tree twice btw and have been very happy with the service!

Rick

Hi Rick,

Here are some tips that are general in nature and can help you or other affiliates out there. For specific feedback on your efforts, I'll need to review your url's and CJ account, so feel free to email me directly with those details.

1. Advanced Links - This is a category of a link in CJ. It provides the consumer an interactive experience, which in turn has proven to be a high converting tool for affiliates. Place this link in the center, above the fold of your site for best position.

2. Content - We all know the benefits here, but just a reminder that good/rich content will go a long way. We offer several RSS feeds that include affiliate tracking for the more advanced affiliate. I suggest using these to fill in the space on your site.

3. Paid Search - The "secret sauce" as many affiliates have called it, takes time, money and determination to master. Those who are very successful have spent a lot of time analyzing and determining the best formula and then know how to adapt as the search engines change their rules. Becoming a master at paid search is important in becoming a large-producing affiliate.
    Note - Be sure to read our search policy in the CJ keyword link for specific search do's and don'ts.

Thanks,
    Kelly

Medifast is tough in PPC. After serval hundred clicks & no sales I gave up on using PPC. ON organic traffic they can performed well but not with PPC.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread