Look for input on eBay's Aff Program
    I am thinking of joining the ebay aff prog. and doing a few product promotion for things I have recently purchased. Thier 'Pricing Structure' touts the possibility of making 50k+ in a month. I know that is a joke in and of it's self but I am still willing to drive them some traffic if they have a decent programs.... I'd be happy with $50 a month.

So please let me know if you have had any succeess with the ebay affiliate program or if I should just use a different affiliate program.

Thanks,
    DOug
    Thanks,
    Doug

ABW Ambassador
    As far as how much you can make, the possibilities are endless so I'm sure they have affiliates making more than that. As far as ebay vs. another affiliate program. I don't think people can answer that without knowing the product.

The product was a treo 650. Man Trust that was a quick Move too.
    Thanks,
    Doug

ABW Ambassador
    I was checking the Palm Store because they always converted great for me but it looks like that's an old model? since they don't sell it anymore and Amazon doesn't have them "Currently unavailable" they have a few from third party sellers. Don't know much about that segment but it doesn't look like that specific model is being carried much anymore. So maybe ebay unless you find someone else with an affiliate program selling them and then you can test it out. But I do pretty good with ebay and I know a few others do well with them too.

I've been thinking of getting into the eBay action too.

While we're on the subject does anyone have any pointers, insights, mistakes to avoid, etc?

I have been using ebay for a while now and have had decent returns. Their current $25 payout for a new signup is the highest its ever been When I originally joined ebay aff., that number was $5. If you get two new signups a month, you will have your $50.

I typically average about $0.10 per click with eBay (and that's promoting very low-end items). At that rate, if you can send 500 people per month their way, you should be abel to easily hit your $50/month target.

There's a ton of potential with eBay. You can find just about anything there and prices are generally very good so conversion is good. It's nice that they compensate both on sales and new customers.

Not a lot of bidders are first time customers, but at $25+ each, it doesn't take many.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I love eBay! I think mainly because they give me a reason never to delete pages from my site once products are no longer manufactured. I just leave the pages up with the pictures, product descriptions and links to eBay.

I've made several detailed posts about how I promote eBay .... the ABW search feature will help you find all those tips. Most recently, I posted a lot here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=97905

As for income. I started promoting eBay heavily in 2002 and was thrilled to make over $1800 that year. I've been steadily adding pages to my site with eBay listings (several pages a day, just about every day) since 2002. In 2007, I earned over $13,500 with eBay, so if you do it right, it can produce a nice income stream for you.

My main piece of advice: Promote the products, not eBay itself. Chasing the $25 registrations isn't worth it since so many people are already members. But, promoting products that people can find on eBay, works like a charm. If they win the item you earn something. If they weren't a member, their active registration is a nice bonus. I had four of them yesterday. What a great way to start the year with eBay!

I have had great success with eBay, both with niche sites selling specific products and just general traffic pushing. If you can drive targeted traffic this is definitely the way to go.

One other thing working pretty well is zintext's contextual solution in places where I used to not be able to convert to ebay. really easy and for content that I've already made why not. I find I get anywhere from $5-20 per thousand clicks on targeted traffic and $3-5 on untargeted general traffic.

Like someone said above, its all about getting ACRU's (signups), those can add up quick. The most I ever had was 7 in one day. I find it's hard to predict signups based on # of clicks, it really fluctuates a lot and is more luck than anything.

Tracy,
    Love your posts. I went back and read the one from November. You definately rock! I went to cj and checked my stats for ebay and although I am not in your league, I like my numbers;
    ebay commissions;
    2007 - $2,156.74
    2006 - $1140.90
    2005 - $989.46

I couldn't pull 2004 stats but I like the steady growth that I see from ebay.

Thank you.

Thanks for your time I think I will add them. In a month or so I'll do a followup post.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Thanks,
    Doug

I like your signature line. I quit my 9 to 5 in March 2003, and just realized that it was FIVE years ago. Wow!

Once I was able to dedicate myself full-time to affiliate marketing, my income grew more rapidly. I'm earning more now doing this than I ever did working for somebody else.

I know several affiliates making over 50k/month with the ebay affiliate program. Myself if you combine our accounts we are close to that ourselves. In 2008 if ebay keeps their commission structure the same (or higher) we will start making that as well.

I'm earning more now doing this than I ever did working for somebody else.
    your young, got your health, what's you want with a job?

I make a decent income from eBay too.

IMHO it is the best / easiest affiliate program to make money from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    I like your signature line. I quit my 9 to 5 in March 2003, and just realized that it was FIVE years ago. Wow!

Once I was able to dedicate myself full-time to affiliate marketing, my income grew more rapidly. I'm earning more now doing this than I ever did working for somebody else.

That's an awesome testimony Tracy!

Since I'm sure that is likely the #1 goal for all of us here - if you don't mind - could you share a couple of things...

Did you wait until your monthly affiliate income met or exceeded your normal income to transition full-time into the field?

How many other programs besides ebay do you promote?

Do you use PPC?

What is a basic day as a full-time affiliate marketer like? Do you have a routine systematic schedule?

What's the biggest pain/headache about doing this full-time? c'mon, there's got to be something that makes you scream sometimes??

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by GoColts
    Do you use PPC?
    I have always wondered if it's possible to do PPC ads for ebay and still make a profit. I think a niche website with a mix of product offers from other merchants with higher payouts and ebay listings may work. All my ebay earnings are in cents unless I can have a much higher conversion rate, ppc ads for my ebay products may not work.

Any thoughts.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread