Performics BYOL not activating?
    I built some links over an hour ago, and none of them are working. A page comes up that says "This link is not active." Is something wrong with their system? Usually, it only takes a few minutes for a link to start working.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    We are aware of this issue and expect to have it resolved within the hour.
    Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. Everything is working again.

ABW Ambassador
    How long is it taking for your links to activate? I built one - took a LONG shower and it's still not activated.

They're activating within a five to ten minutes now. I don't check them immediately. I build several pages some with one link, some with four or five, and after I've done several pages, I go back and check to make sure they land on the right product before uploading to the Internet.

I've been working on it all day and it's been going smoothly.

Having this problem again. Links I created hours ago are still not active. Links I built yesterday are working fine, but the ones I've created today are not activating. Does this have something to do with Performics running an update today?

It's been over 24 hours, and the links still aren't activated.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Is it one merchant or several? Have you checked old links from the same merchant(s)?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

It's Homeclick. They just moved from CJ and I have links to swap out. I made some BYOL on Friday and they work fine now. But all the ones I made yesterday still are not active.

To complicate matters, they're owned by the same people as Chef's Corner. The Chef's Corner site has been down for days. So I'm trying to get those links out and replace them with Homeclick ones that work. Only, the links won't activate. I'm the between the proverbial rock and hard place with this mess.

Has anybody created links for another merchant that does activate?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I was out for a while and when I saw your response, my first inclination was that it's a Homeclieck/Chefscorner problem, but I made a link for a different merchant (Sur la Table) to test, and not only is it still "not active" but the image is not even appearing.

As an aside, had Chef's Corner been online, I would have kept some of my links, but with what's happening, and Homeclicks "Call us" banners, I not only am planning to not keep any of their links, but not even applying to their PFX programs.

I put up a bunch of Chef's Corner products a couple of years ago when they became unavailable with the merchant I had been using. I did ok with them for a while, but their adsense and affiliate banners were a real turn off, and I replaced most of their products with links from a new merchant early last year. Those I still have up I just did not have time to get to, but they're history for me now.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

My problem is that they are the only available merchants for some products. In the sections of my site where I have multiple other merchants, I'm just removing them, but still you'd think they'd be all over this wanting there links to work since we only have until Friday to swap them out.

Okay, the weekend is over. It's Monday. People should be back to work, and yet, the links are still not active after 48 hours.

Hello,

Can you please send a few examples to affiliate{at}performics.com and mention ABW in the subject line?

Thank you,

Jamie

Well, I was just typing an email with a complete list of the 50 links, and I went to test them again, and now they are working. First, I tested one at the end of the list and it worked. Then I tested the first one on the list. It didn't work the first time I clicked it, but the second time I clicked it, it did work.

So, now I'm finally going to upload the pages I did this weekend, and get busy building more links.

Unfortunately, Chef's Corner is still down ... a state it's been in for almost a week now. I know you have no control over the merchant's site, but they certainly need some help since the site has been producing error pages since last week.

ABW Ambassador
    I did a BYOL last night for Fairmont Hotels. When it still wasn't active 10 or 12 hours later, I sent a private message to Jamie. When I didn't receive a response from her, I emailed affiliate@performics.com. Never heard back from either one. Then this afternoon, it became active. What's up with this? It's very unprofessional to have a non-working link on my site and why no answer to my messages?

Hello Snowman,

Sorry for not replying to your PM the same day. Please feel free to call 800-404-9332. Email and forum responses can take a few days. My personal email is also below.

A backlog caused BYOLs to take longer than usual to activate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Jamie Ross
    jamier[at]google.com

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread