Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Online Holiday Sales = $28B
    "Shoppers spent nearly $28 billion online this holiday season, comScore says"
    http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=24894

"Shoppers spent nearly $28 billion online between November 1 and December 27, a 19% increase over last year, according to data released by comScore Networks Inc."

Good growth!

This article says that the peak day occurred on Dec 10th (Monday).

My best 3 days between Nov 1 and Dec 27 period were:
    Mon Nov 26
    Tues Dec 11
    Wed Dec 12

Was a great selling season for me, I hope it was rocking for everyone else here! From people I've talked with, it seems it was good for many.

What were your peak days?

This was my best season EVER. I was better prepared than previous years, but not totally prepared by a long shot. My best days were:

12/11
    12/4
    12/12
    11/23
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

This was my best season ever, too - I'm really looking forward to next year. I plan to be more prepared then I was this year (I was building pages almost at the last minute).

My best days were Dec 10 and Dec 11.

ABW Ambassador
    Haven't checked it all out yet but the dates you guys posted falls in line with the past seasons talked about a little in this thread - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=98624 where the prime days are usually between Dec 5 - 15 and I see you all have Dec 11 listed as one of your best days which is right about in the middle of those prime dates. Good to know for future seasons.

From the new article, this was kind of interesting:

"For example, the day after Christmas saw online sales of $545 million, more than double the sales on the same day last year.”

Unfortunately, I don't have enough cooking in your avenue(s) of affiliate marketing to contribute to the retail sales figures - YET. Hopefully by 4th Qtr 2008 I will be recanting those good days too. That's why I always read threads like this one.

For me the best two days of December were the 26th and 27th - with them, surprisingly, being almost as good as an average day from last June. Us "travel guys" see an uptick between Christmas Day and New Years Eve. Then it falls off again for a couple of weeks, before picking up again in the later part of January, and then building toward the peak in July/August.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Huh... I guess this whole newfangled "e-commerce" mumbo-jumbo isn't just a fad, eh?

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Donuts wrote: "Shoppers spent nearly $28 billion online this holiday season"

If that's true, I have to figure out how / why my sites left a billion on the table for others to share . ;-)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

My best days:

11/23
    11/26
    12/4
    12/17

I started retail affiliate marketing just after Black Thursday 2006, and that first month was amazing...and this December I made 10x what I made the previous December. (I still pinch myself once in a while!) Let's see if I can expand at the same rate over the next year...time to get creative.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm being way lazy and not gonna go dig up stats when I'm all chilled out and quit work for the day more than an hour ago but my best sales days in December were about the same as everyone else's.

Trust, I, also think that this:

"For example, the day after Christmas saw online sales of $545 million, more than double the sales on the same day last year.”

is an especially sweet discovery. That means more and more "average" shoppers are shopping online instead of hitting the after Christmas sales at the malls. Cool, cooler and coolest! The Internet is here to stay. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    darnit, donuts. I saw the thread topic and I thought YOU generated $28b in holiday sales

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I wish. :-)

But looking at 11/1/07 thru 12/27/07, if I could clone myself 48,928 times...

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne

Trust, I, also think that this:

is an especially sweet discovery. That means more and more "average" shoppers are shopping online instead of hitting the after Christmas sales at the malls.
    Thought I might also mention:
    - Canadian dollar is on par (or stronger) than the US dollar
    - Boxing Day is December 26 in Canada, and it is a shopping frenzy similar to the U.S.'s Black Friday

Perhaps some of those loons are headed south?
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread