Any experiences or feedback re: Red Galoshes?
    I noticed that "Red Galoshes" was one of the six affiliate networks whose datafeeds are included in PopShops, and I must admit that I couldn't recall ever hearing of them before.

When I searched for "Red Galoshes" on ABW, I find only three mentions (total), and those are from 2004 and 2005. I did find these two comments from Rexanne somewhat helpful:

There is already a network that drops a cookie for all merchants within that network: Red Galoshes - They have some good merchants but mostly bridal stuff so it's hard to get to the "anything non-wedding related" merchants for all the wedding fanfare but that is their concept. Did I miss somwthing about them before I hopped in here "full time?" Are they parasitic? I don't hear anyone talking about RG in here so maybe I did miss a vital stat.
    (http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=11)

Red Galoshes runs an affiliate network that offers commission on all merchants within the network, too. I don't hear anyone talking about them here. They have really crappy stats and I can never figure out what's selling through them
    (http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=54)
    As I'm spending some time building a collection of pages using PopShops, I was wondering if anyone can share any experiences that might help me decide if I should include Red Galoshes merchants in those efforts?

Cool
    mostly bridal. I've had a sale with them.

Can't tell you much other than what others have said. They do have the cross tracking with their merchants. The bottom of all the sites have drop down with the other merchants. Haven't had any sales from them, but lots of sites I don't get sales from. lol Do know the guy in charge always answers questions, emails quickly, no parasites policy and seems like a very nice, honest guy. Good luck if you go with them.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Mark,

Jeff James, the guy in charge at RG is a good guy, tries to run a good show and I've had some sales through their merchants. They just redesigned stuff on the site but it's still a tough time trying to figure out their reports.

If you contact them, they should reply. I don't promote them much because their system is kinda screwy. Otherwise, they do have some good merchants and I've been paid in the past from them. I have no clue what they currently owe me and trying to figure it out is crazy making so I just don't bother.

I got an email the beginning of this year that they were cleaning up the back end and trying t make a better interface. So far, I haven't seen evidence of this but they did make it easier to get product links. If you're promoting them via Pop Shops, I don't see an issue. And they did pay across all merchants at one time. I don't know if that's still the case but I believe it's still their policy.

DO contact Jeff (jeff at redgolashes dot C. He's been committed to this program in the past and probably still is. Last communication I had from them was 9/24/07.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hi Mark: Rexanne pointed out your post to me and I thought I'd take a moment to respond to your questions.

Red Galoshes is a Boston-based marketing services company with a portfolio of twenty-four online wedding stores. We build, manage, and market the brands and our merchant partners handle fulfillment, customer service, and payment processing.

One of the ways we market our merchants is through affiliates. In a way, we're like a regular network in that we're one company representing many merchants. In other ways though, we're quite different.

First, when you join our program, you're automatically approved to promote all of our merchants.

Second, we do indeed drop a cookie that pays on sales generated from any merchant. For example if you send a shopper to Bellissima Bridal Shoes but she ultimately makes her way to Anna Bellagio and buys jewelry instead, you'll get your commission.

Third, we've purposely narrowed our niche to bridal markets. That means we're not for everyone, but if you're into weddings you'll really enjoy working with us.

And Rexanne's right. We used to have really, really crappy stats. We relaunched our control panel last year, cleaned up much of the mess, and laid the foundation for additional functionality. Her comment that she still has a hard time figuring out the reports is taken as very valuable feedback and something that I'll do my best to resolve immediately. Rexanne, I'll contact you privately to get the details.

If anyone has other questions about the program, please let me know. I'm happy to help.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Can you put a link here with the (.com) separated as to not break the rules to your site or something or buy a thread/forum to update us on these? I'd love to sign up if that would be ok.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Good to hear more about Red Galoshes. I've had much the same question Mark had when looking through the PopShops interface and seeing them.

I would love to give some of their shops a try on a couple of sites I'm totally rebuilding after my recent server crash/loss.

Where do I sign up? Guess I should try redgaloshes dot com to see?
    Generate more fake news.

FYI -- I just went to redgaloshes dot com and filled out the affiliate application. Pretty straightforward. Now let's see if I get approval!
    Generate more fake news.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redgaloshes
    Hi Mark: Rexanne pointed out your post to me and I thought I'd take a moment to respond to your questions.

If anyone has other questions about the program, please let me know. I'm happy to help.
    Hi Jeff and welcome!

Thank you so much for coming to ABW and explaining Red Galoshes to those who haven't yet discovered you.

I know you are trying to get RG to where it will make sense for everyone involved and your concept of paying across all merchants in the "network" is one I feel is very important and worth looking into.

Thanks for being responsive and always willing to help and work with your affiliate partners to make this good for both sides.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread