Commission Question - Just Started - How much to give?
    I hope this is not against the rules but I was hoping to get some insight on the best possible way to position our program. As this forum is full of affiliates, I was hoping for some educational insight.

Without giving away what we do or who we are (rules) would $60-$400+ commission on deals ranging from $250-$2000 be lucrative enough to entice affiliates to promote our offering?

What types of tools should we offer to support our affiliates? Is there anything we can do to make it as easy as possible for affiliates? Phone supoprt, email support? Use of services etc?

We are dedicating our resources to an affiliate channel and any help would be very appreciated!

I hope I am not violating any rules asking for this assistance. If I am, please let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by onmarketer; January 3rd, 2008 at 07:19 PM.

Hi OnMarketer. Welcome to ABW.

The Search function can be your friend. So can the Affiliate manager Forum at . The two "stickies" at the top would be a good place to begin finding answers to your questions.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks Beachy!

Without knowing your industry, products, competition, pricing, service, etc., it's impossible to respond. That might be a generous amount; it might be an inadequate commission.

Probably the best place to start is to look at your terminology: it's not about how much you "give" affiliates. You should not be "giving away" anything -- you are paying for value you receive.

There's a lot of information on this site, and probably the best place to start is the "merchant best practices" section. I have somewhat extensive free advice for merchants on my own web site, too.

But it's absolutely impossible to engage in any meaningful discussion about commission rates without having a lot more information than you've shared. Certainly, you'd want to start out by looking at your competitors (not just those who sell products or services that directly compete with yours, but also those which may compete for affiliates and PPC keywords).

Smile thanks
    Thank you Mark. I will pay for a product listing so i can provide more details and get proper feedback.

Mansfield, TX
    How much margin do you have? How much do your competitors pay? Those two answers should guide you quite a bit in answering your question.
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread