Seen elsewhere...cracked me up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My guess is that most of the Google staff were abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts that sired them, who then died of shame in recognition of what they had done. They were a bit late. The Google staff are so clueless that if we stripped them naked, soaked them in clue musk, and dropped them into a field full of horny clues at the height of mating season, they still would not have a clue. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you top that?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

LOL
    The second half is worthy of Blackadder...

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I bet I can top that.....

The use of the word witch.

Being derogatory is being derogatory, not just when you feel it's directed at you.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    Oops, wrong thread. Must run out of thread, getting hot in here.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on May 14, 2003 at 12:29 PM.]

Oh, I see...Well, I apologize to any Google staff member who frequents this board and feels this will undermine their quality of life in this society for themselves or their children and grandchildren.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    No SSanf, I don't think that you see.

I will repeat....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Being derogatory is being derogatory, not just when you feel it's directed at you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you saying that the witch comment would have been ok if there had not been any wiccans on this board? That's not the impression I got.

Let's see you found that quote to be quite funny, it cracked you up. A quote that calls a specific group of people's parents "puke-drooling, giggling beasts." Hmmm. Most folks are rather sensitive about slurs towards their parents. And just how do you know anyway that google staff doesn't frequent this board. How would it make you feel if you found that same statement posted on the Internet somewhere with google substitued for SSanf?

From American Heritage Dictionary:

derogatory: detracting or disparaging.

Granted there are many degrees to how derogatory something may be, but then that is pretty subjective from the point of view of the person it is aimed at. But derogatory is still derogatory. I see nothing in that defination to suggest that quality of life is a factor.

Have you asked yourself why you didn't garner more support and symphathetic understanding in the witch thread? Well, I will speak for myself. I have this big rule about life. People can't and shouldn't expect to receive any more respect than they give others. I'm not going to have a whole lot of sympathy for them personally when they are guilty of the very same actions that they are upset about.

Look back at some of your own posts SSanf. For me personally, at least one comes quickly to my mind where you did the same thing as you accused in the witch thread. You connected a label with a specific group of people for the sole purposes of using that label as an insult. Though you slight was not directed at me, I was just as offended by it as you were of the word witch.

And now you come and post the above nonsense because you thought something so immature and derogatory is funny? I guess it is if you are into insulting people. I'm sure that's a good one you can use in many situations in the future. Just don't whine when you feel insulted. We can only expect to be treated by others the way we ourselves treat those around us.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

[All these edits because I just can't type.]

[This message was edited by BLFH on May 14, 2003 at 01:25 PM.]

[This message was edited by BLFH on May 14, 2003 at 01:28 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>puke-drooling <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    While not a great topic, having had to suffer some health issues this sounds like me

Does this now mean I ;
    can/can't/should/could/may/maybe not/get paid to/

take offence now

Throwing in a disclaimer. Not a serious post, but commends B for saying "Being derogatory is being derogatory, not just when you feel it's directed at you", and don't know how much more well spoken it could have been stated.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    The whole "couldn't get a clue in clue mating season with clue cologne on if you were the last clue blah blah" is a bit overdone among techie circles... :| Very 90's ...

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

Bster,

===============
    JM,

Some might have to start with:

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador

WW

Woah!

Not sure 'Google employee' meets the normal definition of 'ethnic minority', but mabye...

Wow BLFH, you've said what I've been thinking ever since that arguement but was too new to say. Excellent job.

LARDOS everywhere applaud.

Actually I agree with you about the puke drooling part. That IS offensive because there are people who have medical problems beyond their control and who are unfairly stigmatized because of it. I guess that isn't funny. The rest is hilarious.

And, you know that I don't care whether someone from Google is here or not. You never thought otherwise. Don't pretend you did. You are NOT that obtuse. So what you said about that is not relevant. In fact, if they were here, I would be willing to bet they would get a giggle over it. Might even add to it.

This is not the same thing as perpetuating a negative stereotype of a religious group and you know it so don't play dumb. Quality of life is a factor when a whole religious group is stigmatized.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Have you asked yourself why you didn't garner more support and sympathetic understanding in the witch thread? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, NO! LOL I got a WHOLE LOT more support than you apparently know about and it was definitely from people I respect. It just wasn't posted here. Not everything is, you know.

[This message was edited by SSanf on May 14, 2003 at 07:17 PM.]

This one looks like trouble...

...flees thread hoping to avoid the flaming...

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Actually I agree with you about the puke drooling part. That IS offensive because there are people who have medical problems beyond their control and who are unfairly stigmatized because of it. I guess that isn't funny. The rest is hilarious.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well if it was so offensive why say it.

On second thought don't answer since you will probably feel your answer is justifiable which it won't be in the least.
    I think they/we are more stigmatized by the people who think they can freely spout off at whomever they feel like and always think they have justification for it instead of using whatever brain cells they MAY have and use some common sense and just shut up and give it a rest.

BLFH's comments should be a standard operating procedure in here that derogatory posts have no use in here what so ever.

My apologies to all who have been offended by some of my replies on certain topics recently.
    They have been such I couldn't sit here and watch people speak down about people and issues as they have with out replying.

WW

Well, the title of the thread was "Really good derogatory description!"

Well, I still maintain that if you are looking for a derogatory description, that is pretty hard to beat.

It is indeed QUITE derogatory which is exactly what I said it was. So, what was the complaint again? I said it was derogatory. You agree....hmmmm.

Perhaps, you object that I find an element of humor in it. Well, I did find the clue stuff rather amusing. Now be truthful, didn't you?

Additionally, I anounced in the title that it was derogatory. Therefore those who object were fairly warned what they would find in the thread. So, what was the complaint again?

[This message was edited by SSanf on May 14, 2003 at 07:54 PM.]

I am still thinking about this. Perhaps, the thought is that since I objected to the derogatory misrepresentation of members of a specific religious group, that I should then feel that hence forth I should post nothing derogatory regarding anyone or anything. If that is the case, all I can say is what total nonsense. Sloppy thinking at the best.

I have to say certain members are certainly losing my good regard. I just don't think they are quite bright, any more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sloppy thinking at the best. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like Buckworks verbiage again ... notwithstanding that, you might want to look at *YOUR* thinking!

</font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So, what was the complaint again? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You B(or W, as the case may be)*TCHING when you had NO real reason to!

Prejudice is a reality, lets not muck it up with fabrications!

</font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Being derogatory is being derogatory, not just when you feel it's directed at you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absurd! Ridiculous!

So, I guess, I shouldn't say anything derogatory about terrorists or parasites, either your way of thinking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Prejudice is a reality <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, do you want it perpetuated here?
    Don't answer. I know you don't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sounds like Buckworks verbiage again <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the compliment. One could have a much worse model but not much better.

heheheheee ... this is turning out to be a good thread for great laughs.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Stop living up to your title, please, it hurts too much!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Super Sh#t Stirrer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I'd like to continue this ... I'm locking the thread, this is totally un-productive. Hopefully some will get some enlightenment!

</font></p>

Yes, it does have a certain element of humor. Not what I had hoped for, however. I was looking for some funnily phrased put downs. But, some decided this was their big opportunity to go after me. Oh, well.

I guess, they saw a half a chance and took it. How impressive is that?

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread