which affiliate network you consider the best right now?
    what network can you recommend me to focus my effort in?

a good one in my mind, would be one that has good interface,
    ability to search for specific products, like in cj,
    no conversion problems,
    fast real time reporting,
    and pays on time, not more then a month after the transaction,
    when the merchants pays the network in advance, unlike in performics for example...

Tax Paying Member
    This is not a perfect world.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

ABW Ambassador
    I recommend you focus on MERCHANTS, whichever ones make you money. The only way you're going to figure that out, is to do some homework on them as best as you can but the real way is to actually test them out.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Try Shareasale and Avantlink, but like Trust said, the merchant and what you do with them is the biggest determiner of your likely success, not the network. If you have no idea which merchants you want, and are looking for your other stated concerns mostly, definitely browse through the merchants at the two networks I've recommended.

If you're looking for certain products, skip the network way of finding things. Search here in these database aggregator systems and find all the possible merchants:
    http://www.goldencan.com/help/FindMerchants.aspx
    www.popshops.com

Good luck!

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, good advice, check out SAS, Avantlink but also Buyat, Performics, Linkshare, CJ and the others. Good merchants are everywhere. I wouldn't close myself off to them, I've found great merchants in every network.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Well, he disqualified Performics for his own needs himself based on slow pay. So I don't think he much needs your suggestion to go there. And I'd say that payments at LinkShare don't meet his standards he listed either. We all know you're a proponent of working everywhere, but you might try reading what the guy wrote instead of pasting your agenda everywhere you go as if it's the answer to every question.

ABW Ambassador
    My agenda? Or yours? Please elaborate on my agenda. Yes, I've been found out, my agenda is not to close myself off from good merchants regardless of where they're at, the horror. There's no perfect network out there.

"ability to search for specific products"

I can do that at CJ, you can do that at SAS? Is that something new? What steps do I take to see that?

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Avantlink is great because it also offers PayPal so you'll get you money fast. They also have excellent customer service.
    ShareASale is fast if you live in the U.S., but if you don't it is slow because it takes weeks to get your check plus a few weeks for your bank to process the check.
    Both SAS and Avantlink convert well and both have more or less real time reporting.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I can tell you my least favorite: Performics. We have more reporting issues with them than all the others combined I am afraid to say.
    Last edited by visitourmall; January 4th, 2008 at 01:54 PM.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

ShareASale.com does have international direct deposit to something like a couple dozen countries. I couldn't find a list or details anywhere, other than post from Brian where he said "parts of europe, canada, and australia".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2 of my top 3 merchants are on Performics, the fact that they pay slow makes no difference. I wouldn't give up those sales for anything

My experience with Performics support has also been quite good - and the data feeds are free.

I don't love Linkshare's delayed reporting (overnight) or recent login issues, but they have many of my merchants now, so I have to live with it. Some of my LS merchants are very proactive with promotions & banners, but that's not really the network's doing.

In my experience, CJ catalogues mysteriously disappear - I can no longer create product links for at least 2 merchants. I was told to buy data feeds to get around the problem (one time setup fee).

I wish I could comment on conversions.. it still amazes me how little control we affiliates have over the higher-level reporting of sales.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    ShareASale.com does have international direct deposit to something like a couple dozen countries. I couldn't find a list or details anywhere, other than post from Brian where he said "parts of europe, canada, and australia".
    I couldn't find a list either. I've been asking for Mexico to be included and have offered my assistance in setting that up (several times), since I couldn't find a list I said (if you don't..). Having to wait several months is not one of the payment criteria mentioned in post 1.

Hopefully Mexican direct deposit is being worked on right now? ... please
    Last edited by lostdeviant; January 4th, 2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: clarity

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread