Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yes, I have a B.S.Degree

Bull Shit Degree.

Do you have one?

Um, I have a B.S. degree, though not in Agricultural Waste Byproducts. Also an MBA (which could stand for Money Being Acquired).

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Luckily I don't have an MBA as a successful affiliate.

A question:
    For those who went to college, does what you are doing now have any thing to do with what you went to college for?
    I double majored in Food Marketing and Food Inspection. I wanted to be one of those people who went and closed down establishments for not meeting the codes.
    I guess the marketing has helped me in my position with Affiliate Marketing.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

A Big Sales Degree? You betcha!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Warning: Inappropriate content ahead!

From HBO's America Undercover: Pimps up Hoes Down:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yo baby, I'm educated. I got my PHD: Pimp & Ho Degree<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    I have a BA in Politics and Modern History. It's been very useful for my job as an SEO - barely a day passes when my knowledge of the writings of Shulamith Firestone or the problems facing the Argentine military regimes of the '70s and '80s don't come in handy. Frankly, If I hadn't read 'Leviathan' or studied Roe v Wade, I really wouldn't be the SEO I am today.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    A B.A. in Comp. Sci and History here. My CS focus was on artificial intelligence, 15 credit hours worth of programming in Lisp, which was pretty much a waste. Jumping into affiliae marketing was a lot like going back to school, only I learned many more practical things in AM.

I drank what??! -Socrates

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    A BBA degree with a minor in computer Science should come in handy if they still sold the old mainframes and unit record equipment. In reality I should have taken a minor in typing so I don't have to dictate to a parrot.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    BS in Information Systems. Helps me in my day job. And really helps me in affiliate marketing.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    BS in CS yup.

Pimps up Hoes Down! lol...

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

Co nnie:
    Both degrees come in handy every single day.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

BS in Electronics & Communication Engineering and a Postal Diploma in Business Management ...

After maybe a few years if i have time plan to do a MBA ...

Did my degree helped with me in AM ? ... Naaaa

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

B.S. Degree in Radio-Television....Newhouse School of Communications, Syracuse University.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Bachelor in Cinema and bachelor in Broadcasting, San Francisco State U.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Still studying will be Bachelor of commerce after 2 years hopefully Have Plans to learn about world religions if I find a good course in a good university - will do my MA in that (and prolly later PhD too)

And no -- I don't think my Bachelor of commerce or MA/PhD In religions will help me a lot in affiliate marketing, I think studying is something that is seperate from making money.

---
    "The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood."~ The Tathagata

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>barely a day passes when my knowledge of the writings of Shulamith Firestone or the problems facing the Argentine military regimes of the '70s and '80s don't come in handy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If I had a dime every time I could of used that info.... Who knows what I'd have jingling around in my pocket.

I attended Naval Electronics schools (radar) but haven't used it since I got out in '87. I have 2 years of kollidge behind me for Production and Operations Management. It's a manufacturing side Business degree. When I am making enough doing this I plan on going back and finishing that degree. It won't help me any with A.M. but might help with my poor grammar.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

ABW Ambassador
    Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting).

Comes in handy around tax time.

B.S. Electronics. The only help is C programming. Which give me an introduction to if ... else ..., while ..., for ... which allowed me to learn Perl, PHP easily later.

I can't figure our how transistor can help in AM.

RedFish , well u can build a circuit board which consist of a series of running led light and link to your comp. So when a sale start popping up in cj , the light start running.

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

ABW Ambassador
    BSc in Biology - No help at all. I can also honestly say that my Ph.D. looking at the inner workings of trout pituitary glands has not given me much of an advantage in affiliate marketing.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> For those who went to college, does what you are doing now have any thing to do with what you went to college for? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In short, no!

No degrees but I studied psychology and English in college.

English may seem related, however, they don't teach "marketing English" in English classes! In fact, they kind of look down their noses at it. So while it was fun to read some of the classics in Lit., that isn't really "related" to the kind of writing I actually do.

Psychology is interesting, but general and abnormal psychology (what I took) are also not "marketing psychology". I learned a lot more marketing psychology w*rking in stores! Observing real buyers in action is much more valuable for marketing than sitting in classes.

~Revenue is King

B.A. in German Studies, which is pretty useless in the job market, and I never thought I'd use it professionally, but it got me into I.T. customer support where my language skills were more useful than my rudimentary understanding of what goes on when computers are powered up.
    Six years on and my computer skills are slightly less rudimentary, and I've tripled my income, but the job is mighty stressful.

icepenguin,

I wish the opposite, I make the LED run, and CJ will credit me a sale!

I have a BS in Management with concentrations in both MIS and Marketing...so you could say this is a perfect fit =)

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    FreeDebtConsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com
    $7.5 Million paid to affiliates last year
    Highest Converting app on the Net!
    Private Forum at ABW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast