Arrow questions about item search and store organization
    I notice in the search for products that I can look through the merchants' categories and subcategories (i.e. apparel, books, etc.) in a browsing sort of fashion, or you can search with filters. Is it possible to search only in certain categories? For example, if I want to search a store that sells items for the home as well as clothing, and I want to search the term "organic," but I only want to search in the clothing category, is there a way to do this? If not, I would love to see this implemented, if possible! It would make the searching process a thousand times easier when searching through merchants with many products.

My other question involves store organization. Is there a way to make it so my stores only hold a certain number of items per page, instead of all items on one page (without setting up AutoFeed)? For example, if I have, say, 42 items in a store, and I only want 10 per page, is there a way to set it up so that these 42 items load on a total of 5 pages, with links for 1, 2, 3, etc. and next/previous instead of all on one page? This would save on loading time for those on slower internet connections.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by focusorganic

My other question involves store organization. Is there a way to make it so my stores only hold a certain number of items per page, instead of all items on one page (without setting up AutoFeed)? For example, if I have, say, 42 items in a store, and I only want 10 per page, is there a way to set it up so that these 42 items load on a total of 5 pages, with links for 1, 2, 3, etc. and next/previous instead of all on one page? This would save on loading time for those on slower internet connections.
    You can set the number of columns and rows (or the other way around) to reflect only 5 rows and 2 colums to get 10 per page. Kinda tricky because if there are 100 products you want to feature, you'd have to create 10 pages just for that category.

I would love to be able to seperate sections on a Pop Shop so I don't have to make a separate page for each section of similar products I want to feature all on one page.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rexanne,

I figured that was the only way to do it currently, but was hoping that I was missing something. It seems like so much extra work to set up a new page like that, and then linking them all together manually...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I would love to be able to seperate sections on a Pop Shop so I don't have to make a separate page for each section of similar products I want to feature all on one page.
    If I understand your question right, I think you can do that on "preferences" area. Just check "Automatically create additional pages of products similar to the ones I selected for my shop.". It will create seperate pages for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    If I understand your question right, I think you can do that on "preferences" area. Just check "Automatically create additional pages of products similar to the ones I selected for my shop.". It will create seperate pages for you.
    I don't know about Rexanne, but I was looking to do this without using Autofeed.

Quote Originally Posted by focusorganic
    I don't know about Rexanne, but I was looking to do this without using Autofeed.
    Yep, me too.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    I am trying to create a shop by picking my own products and breaking them down into separate sections so this wouldn't work but thank you for the suggestion Mayfly.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I agree with you about autofeed - you don't always get products even CLOSE to what you've picked out for your page one. So if there were a way to pick a large number of products and then have them display in smaller quantities (like Amazon astores do), that would be great.

Hi there,

Noted in our wishlist.
    How would you like the navigation to appear?

Jessie

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    Hi there,

Noted in our wishlist.

Jessie
    Jessie, how about adding some kind of price sorting functions such as "hight to low" or "low to high" into this wishlist? I've asked this in one of my emails as my Christmas wish, seems it didn't happen

The function that Rexanne & focusorganic asked about is what I'd like to see too. As to the navigation, I'm not sure how many options you have, a simple "page 1 2 3..." shall work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    Hi there,

Noted in our wishlist.

Jessie

I would personally like the navigation to look like this:
    Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

with Previous being inactive if you are on page 1, and Next being inactive if you are on the last page.

Can you also add being able to do searches within categories of merchants instead of just one or the other?

Cool Paging Dr PopShops... Dr PopShops to the Pagination Wing...
    This may be a bit late, but setting it up with navigation the same as Autofeed nav would be great.

If we could specify nav entries show at one time in the AutoFeed prefs - for both AutoFeed and Interior Pagination:

------------------

Show All Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 905 Next
    Show Max [ 10 ] - Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
    Show Auto - defaults to current Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

-------------------

Speaking of which, I think I lost the ability to specify where AutoFeed nav appears. Browser issue, or prelude to more AutoFeed features?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread