Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    PopShops Autofeed suggestion
    A very simple modification to improve the relevancy of the autofeed results would be to include an option in the shop preferences to "only include products in same category as selected.

For example: If the products I select are only in the "children's furniture" subcategory, the autofeed shouldn't take products from the "accent furniture" category.

In that way you won't see china cupboards show up on the autofeed for children's furniture. (I noticed something very close on one of my pages).

This suggested feature along with the replace product when not available option would essentially allow affiliates to pull products categorically without having to go back in and recheck the feed.

FYI - I posted in another thread about a conflict I am having with the PopShops autofeed and bounce.cc... Perhaps both teams could get together to figure it out.

Or at the very least allow negative keywords to be applied to the feed. Last night I attempted to set up a shop for Valentines flowers and couldn't eliminate the casket sprays and funeral wreaths from the feed. Not exactly my idea of a romantic gift unless you're a member of the Adam's Family.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Or at the very least allow negative keywords to be applied to the feed. Last night I attempted to set up a shop for Valentines flowers and couldn't eliminate the casket sprays and funeral wreaths from the feed. Not exactly my idea of a romantic gift unless you're a member of the Adam's Family.

-rematt
    Maybe we should put your autofeed on a Halloween site next to Adams family costumes? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    Maybe we should put your autofeed on a Halloween site next to Adams family costumes? :-)
    I wish I had thought about it for Halloween. I'm making a note for this year.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Hi,
    thanks for the suggestions. They are all noted and will be worked into future improvements.

Jessie

After finally digging into Popshops (I know, I've been a slacker ), I was just coming here to see if this is possible. It would be an awesome addition to be able to pop a page from a merchant's category.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ingram
    After finally digging into Popshops (I know, I've been a slacker ), I was just coming here to see if this is possible. It would be an awesome addition to be able to pop a page from a merchant's category.
    It isn't yet possible. Hopefully they'll make changes in the next few months.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread