Is there an "Items Sold" report?
    Is there any way for affiliates to see which specific items we have sold through various merchants? Ideally we could learn this information via the SAS control panel, rather than having to request the data from each individual merchant.

It seems reasonable that if affiliates could see exactly which items were being ordered by their visitors, we could fine tune our own websites to highlight the most popular products at any given time.

Thanks for any insight...

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I don't believe there is an items sold report. You can see what was clicked on to go to the merchant, but not what was sold.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

SAS does not collect item-specific sales details from the merchant, so there's no way they could (currently) provide such a report.

Some merchants do have the ability to provide this report to you directly though. TFAW.com, for example (cough), can send you such a report upon request, and we're working on an interface for affiliates to access this information interactively.

Thanks,

Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFAW.com

Some merchants do have the ability to provide this report to you directly though. TFAW.com, for example (cough), can send you such a report upon request, and we're working on an interface for affiliates to access this information interactively.
    I am happy to do the same for any (cough)CSN Store affiliates.

Thanks,
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

We offer this to our affiliates as well (email regarding it went out today).

(cough) (cough) gosh..must be a cold running around ABW today.
    Paula
    Affiliate Manager
    Avanquest Software
    720-251-4144
    [email=pcarlsen@avanquest.com]pcarlsen@avanquest.com[/email]

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by avanquest
    (cough) (cough) gosh..must be a cold running around ABW today.
    haha, it is flu season.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Glad to see that some merchants will offer this to their affiliates, as it will allow those folks to more clearly target the items on their own sites to their visitors, based on what seems most popular at any given time. I more or less assumed that it was not part of SAS reports, as I'd looked pretty carefully, but it never hurts to ask. Maybe someday??

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphiliac

It seems reasonable that if affiliates could see exactly which items were being ordered by their visitors, we could fine tune our own websites to highlight the most popular products at any given time.

I agree 100%!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    If a datafeed is used to promote a merchant, SAS let's the merchant know exactly which banner ID - which is the product ID in this case - was clicked, I'm not sure if they provide this data to affiliates, but if they do, this should be pretty much how to find out what was sold most of the time - if you're using a datafeed, that is.

on CJ, I sometimes ?sid=productname to links in order to find out what could have sold.

Oh, and btw, (more coughing) if any of you would like to know what exactly you sold on GSZ, just email me your affiliate id via SAS and I'll set up a manual reporting system so that when an order is being processed, you'll get an email about what was ordered.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Quick thought, not sure if this is actually possible, but SAS has merchants report the order number for each transaction through their tracking pixel, So, in theory, it could be possible to report it as
    Code:
    orderid={orderid}+{productsku1}+{productsku2}{etc}
    instead of
    Code:
    orderid={orderid}
    I'm no programmer so I'm not exactly sure how to implement this in practice, but I guess something could be done around this logic to report products sold automatically until the time SAS comes up with a way to do so.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateBuddha

Oh, and btw, (more coughing) if any of you would like to know what exactly you sold on GSZ, just email me your affiliate id via SAS and I'll set up a manual reporting system so that when an order is being processed, you'll get an email about what was ordered.
    I would love this.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Why do some self promoting coughs get deleted and other are allowed to turn into a full blown cold?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread