in regards to launching a site
    I have been intrigued by all the information I have been reading over the past 2 months in regards to starting my own incentive based website.I am starting slow and using the money I make on trading forums to build my own site so there will be little or no out of pocket expense.I have been researching and I understand that you will eventually have to pick an affiliate network you like that will have multiple inexpensive trial offers for my customers to pick and choose from.I am just unsure about this.Lets say you start a site that offers certain types of computer products and paypal as well.Now when a customer on your site reaches the referral requirement I would have to have that product but I cant get paid for that lead until they get credit for the offer .Would I buy products in bulk ahead of time which would entail me fronting a nice chunk of change for the products I am offering on my site or order the product once the referral has reached their requirement at a bargain price?I am also confused as to designate how many referrals are needed for what product.I guess 60 % of what the product originally costs from what I have seen on other sites .Can I have multiple networks on one site in case I am displeased with one and decide to cancel I wouldnt want my offer page blank obviously.Also,what programs do you implement on your site to help impede fraud so the site itself can detect multiple ip and acct usage.Any feedback is much appreciated

Cool
    first of all, Welcome to ABW . . .

now, that was quite a mouthful for a first post so you might want to consider using the search function here for a starter . . .

if you are planning on an incentive site be warned that some merchants won't allow you to be in their program.

and gathering leads on a site you have to remember that fraud does happen -- it is no fun for the merchant and if it happens too much, you're out

if you want to sell products that you control, it takes a more intricate site than if you sell from links to a merchant.

keep studying.

Thanks for the reply

I have been researching an affiliate program that runs through clickbanks.I am planning on joining but skeptical because of how many times I have heard of shady merchant marketing and what not.Also,the program is paying 50 bucks on every item I sell through the clickbank link I promote minus the clickbank fee of 20$.I would be making 30 profit by promoting this link for each item I sell.I have heard that adwords is a waste of money for promoting a link and I have had terrible esperiences with traffic exchanges.Any suggestions???

Lightbulb
    I have a low regard for clickbank, or ebooks in general.

but -- if you find you make sales, go for it. depends on your visitors.

networks thread
    I am also looking at networks and have had excellent marketing and phone follow-up from Directtrack. They seem to focus on merchants mostly and I a young aspiring affiliate, but others have a good experience with them?

I'm a newbie editing on Frontpage ~ what are others preferred editors?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread