is my adwords budget to low?
    i think my adwords budget is way to low but everyone keeps telling me to use whatevers comfortable...
    please give me another answer... what would be way to low?

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    That depends on how many competitors are in your niche, and what your ROI is.

You can increase your spend as long as your making money, so you start with what's comfortable and increase/decrease according to your conversion rate.

There are plenty of people that spend 100K a month they would do it at a loss.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    adwords budgets and adwords "spend" are two different subjects.
    They are not always equal.

In my opinion your budget should not control what you are spending, your bidding should control that.

if you feel your budget is too low....then hopefully you have run a SOV report to see what it would take to capture 100% SOV then base your bidding and budget strategy off of that... Also have you run reports to see what day parting methods will work best for your current budget? If you can not comfortably spend a budget to get 100% SOV then make sure you are only bidding during times of the day when you have the highest conversion rate for your vertical...If you see that the content network delivers well for you then remove traditional search and only running on the content network, same is true vice versa....you should analyze your current numbers every way possible to ensure that you are bidding wisely.....if you have done all that, then I can not give any advice without knowing more specifics...

yes....thats too low....raise it to $200 and see if you get better results......
    OR
    raise it until it hurts enough to really figure out what you are doing wrong

I generally set my AdWords budgets at about 10x what I think is the maximum I might spend on a peak day. I also always use the "accelerated" delivery option (on the Edit Campaign Settings page).

Just to make sure that I'm right, I just checked: one "established" campaign has a budget of $65 and yesterday's (Sunday's) spend for that campaign was $2.26. Another "proven" campaign has a budget of $145 and yesterday's spend was $9.21.

Note that when I am "testing" new campaigns, ad texts, or keywords, I generally set a budget much lower, to avoid unpleasant surprises when I discover high-CTR, low-ROI keywords.

so... is $2.00 to low?

Quote Originally Posted by Blowupdollie
    so... is $2.00 to low?
    are you talking budget or cost per click? If $2.00 is your daily spend level, then YES that is too low

I would advise against any budget less than $5 per day. My usual budget for low-traffic campaigns is $9; I really don't know why. I regularly check all my campaigns, and raise the budgets for any campaigns where I'm spending more than 10% of the budget amount on peak days.

I sometimes set a temporarily $5 campaign budget when I'm launching dozens of new "long tail" campaigns, because I worry that I might get burned by an expensive mistake somewhere in the keyword list. After a few days I increase the budget.

While writing this response, I actually wrote that "I wouldn't ever dream of setting a $2 budget for a campaign" but then I checked, and there is an inactive campaign called "Test" that shows a $1 budget. I was also going to write that "I wouldn't dream of spending $2 per click on traffic for ANY keyword," but I have conducted tests with bid rates over $2 per click, when I'm trying to gather data quickly.

I think the only logical justification for a $2 budget (other than for very cautious testing) would be for a very-low-traffic campaign where all my clicks were bid on the content network at a penny. (I do actually have some campaigns running with nothing but one-cent content bids, and drawing fewer than 50 clicks per day -- but each of these campaigns has a $9 budget.)

As I mentioned, I always choose "accelerated" ad delivery because the other option almost always results in less traffic (fewer impressions and clicks).

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread