I bought a new house!
    Well, it's not brand new, but its new to me, lol. I found a nice little house (3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, 1121 sq feet) in a good neighborhood close to my children's elementary school and closed the deal Friday the 4th. It's going to need some work, but I'm really excited (same with my kids) that we're moving out of the apartment we're in now and into a place we can call our own.

I went over there yesterday and racked the front yard (it needed it bad), and my whole body is sore, lol. It took about 5 hours to do just the front yard, and that was with 2 people helping. We must have bagged 15 bags, lol. Today we are going to tackle the back yard, so I'm probably not going to be able to move by the time it's all over with. But it's worth it though, especially seeing how excited my kids were running all over the back yard and house yesterday, claiming which rooms were going to be theirs. Although I had to inform my 4 year old son that the master bedroom was mine after he promptly walked in, stretched out his arms, and proclaimed "This is going to be MY room", lol.

Well I just wanted to share the good news with everyone, I'm about to head back over there for another day's hard work of cleaning and meeting the neighbors.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Congratulations!!!

Buying your first house is exhilerating and terrifying and overwhelming all at the same time. Isn't it great that you have friends who are willing to help you get settled in? I hope you have many happy years in your home and make lots of wonderful family memories, too.

Online Marketing Consultant
    How wonderful! Congrats on your house!
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Wow, that's wonderful. Congratulations!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Very nice, and congratulations!!

Pictures?

Geno

Yeap, congratulations Hope you have many years in that home and lots and lots of special memories in it

Congratulations! It's one of the thrills of a lifetime. I think the endless yardwork is even a little easier when it's your own home. Enjoy!!!!

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Congratulations

congrats - Just made the move myself a few months back. Now that you have the extra room buy stuff you know you are gonna need in bulk and use the money you save towards the principle on the mortgage.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Enjoy your new house Lanadili! Great way to start a new year. :-)

Fill it with love and laughter and make it "home." The kids will be so happy and secure there!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks everyone, just got back from racking the back yard, and didn't quite finish (still have enough to fill about 6-7 more bags, but ran out of bags and too tired to finish today). From what a neighbor told me, the previous owner never did any yard work, so I must have racked 3 years of leaves, lol. 56 bags on the curve, and gonna have to go back in the next few days and try to finish up.

The kids are so excited though, they seen some of their friends a few houses down from ours, so they are ready to move in asap. Hopefully will get everything moved by next weekend.

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Congratulations to you and your family!

A new home is so special. Enjoy making new memories.

The work to make it "yours" may seem daunting, but there is no greater satisfaction. We moved into our new home in August and we are still tackling our to-do list, item by item.

Congrats once again!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

God Bless America

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Congrats on the new house Landili.

>56 bags on the curve
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Mulch! Compost! If you get into, or wanna-get-into, some gardening you are throwing away the best soil food you could ever find. Just pile it up in a back corner and let it rot for a few months before adding it to your garden beds. You soil will thank you and reward you many times over.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz
    Mulch! Compost! If you get into, or wanna-get-into, some gardening you are throwing away the best soil food you could ever find. Just pile it up in a back corner and let it rot for a few months before adding it to your garden beds. You soil will thank you and reward you many times over.
    LOL, don't worry, I am going out next weekend to buy a lawn mower that mulches and bags as I go. That way I can save some for the garden, and I won't have to rake so much like I did the last two days. Man my whole body is sore, and my kids laugh at me now when I walk because I say ouch, ouch, ouch with every step I take, lol. It's all worth it though

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili
    LOL, don't worry, I am going out next weekend to buy a lawn mower that mulches and bags as I go. That way I can save some for the garden, and I won't have to rake so much like I did the last two days. Man my whole body is sore, and my kids laugh at me now when I walk because I say ouch, ouch, ouch with every step I take, lol. It's all worth it though
    Congrats .. the soreness is temporary .. May the joy and exhilaration stay forever

That is so exciting! Thanks for posting so we can share in your excitement! Can't wait to see pics of that raked yard.....good work

In Christ,

Valerie

ABW Ambassador
    Congratulations! Hope you have many years of joy in your new abode.

web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    How cool! I'm just beginning the search...

And to think - AM made it possible....

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    congratz

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread