Question How to include a database?
    Is there a tutorial at SAS (or anywhere else) that would explain how an affiliate can include a merchant's database feed into an HTML web page? Is it just a matter of copy/paste a snippet of code which SAS provides, or are there other more sophisticated aspects to this (setting up a MySQL table for example). Sad to say, I'm rather clueless on this subject, so any guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance...

ABW Ambassador
    There are some ways to get a merchants feed or products onto your page like SAS Mage A Page or third party solutions like Goldencan or PopShops and there is also a datafeed forum here where you can learn how to do it on your own: http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193

Many thanks Trust for the quick reply. I did look for such a forum but somehow missed the link -- must be suffering from "computer eyes"

ABW Ambassador
    It's actually pretty hard to find, it's a sub forum of the Programming Corner Forum, so you can't see it from the main forum page. Probably should be a link to it from the main forum page to find it easier.

I agree -- would fit well in the "Programming / Coding" category, or even under "ABestWeb Affiliate Academy".

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    @ Aphiliac
    Webmerge (fourthworld.com) is also a very popular tool if you want to create static HTML pages out of merchant databases/datafeeds.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

ABW Ambassador
    I believe there's a discounted version of WebMerge available for use with Sharasale feeds, and Carolyn put a tutorial and a template up a while back that's totally easy and works like a charm for several links per page. I've modified her template to automatically include rel="nofollow" in the link URLs, and the whole process couldn't be easier. It cuts the learning curve down to a very elementary level.

Thanks AffiliateBuddha for the Webmerge link, and thanks Marcia for referencing Carolyn's tutorial, which I'll try to find in a minute. I had started reading Dirk Gardner's informative thread in the Datafeed Forum, and was getting a little worried about the need for php, MySQL, and mod-re-write, so anything that makes it more elementary is most definitely welcomed news.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread