Affiliate Recruitment Question
    Hi,

I'm new to ABW, and so far I've found the site to be an indispensible source of information for someone trying to get an affiliate program off the ground.

Anyway, I've begun a full-fledged affiliate recruitment campaign, and have been able to snag some quality affiliates for our hunting & fishing products. However, we have so much more than just outdoor items and I want to get the word out to webmasters regarding our other product categories (while also progressively continuing to work on niche sites).

So......I was wondering if any AM's have had success advertising via ABW's recruiting e-mail service. We have some unique products to offer and I'm determined to build an affiliate-friendly program, so I'd be more than willing to pay the $600+ if we get some quality affiliates in turn. However, I also realize that because our program is relatively new, we may not have enough affiliate trust to get the response we're looking for.

Like I said, I'm new here and would greatly appreciate any suggestions on the ABW recruiting e-mail or any other services that could help spread the word about our affiliate program. Please don't be too harsh with any criticisms as I've only recently embarked down the aff. mkgt. road

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Brian,
    You might look at hiring an OPM on a launch basis, some will work with you for 6 months to get your program off the ground and give you a good foundation of the ins-and-outs of being an affiliate manager.

I'm unable to comment on the recruiting email, though I'm sure it's valuable to those that use it. Before randomly trying things at least seek some advice from the professionals on here who do this everyday and have been doing it for many years.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by UnseenOnTV
    ...I was wondering if any AM's have had success advertising via ABW's recruiting e-mail service. We have some unique products to offer and I'm determined to build an affiliate-friendly program, so I'd be more than willing to pay the $600+ if we get some quality affiliates in turn.
    I'd do a combination of things as far as ABW goes.

"A Must" package: program announcement thread.

"Good Balance" package: announcement thread + recruitment blast.

"Optimal Solution" package: thread + blast + banner rotation + private label affiliate program support forum.

I've tried all of the above, and you can reap good fruit whichever one you go with. The key, IMO, is in a balance of the correct wording with the attractive enough offer(s).

Geno

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Dito on what Geno said. The recruiting email is a great way to get your program jump started. Regular forum postings will keep it going. If you can't afford a forum right off the bat then invest quarterly in program announcements. With a forum you get the ability to edit your posts and post at will.

Thanks!
    Guys--

Thanks for the replies. I've purchased an announcement thread and will seriously consider the recruitment e-mail. Special thanks to Geno, who contacted me with additional information -- you rock!

Brian

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread