Question Shared or Reseller Hosting?
    Hi guys. I'm completely new here and also new to affiliate marketing in general. I am looking for web hosting that would allow me to host unlimited domains. Initially, I thought that I would have to use reseller hosting for that purpose. But after looking at some other hosting plans, it seems that some shared hosting would do the job.

I am not looking to sell hosting to anyone else. Just a hosting plan to host all the websites that I would be working with. I am looking at the Baby plan of HostGator right now. Does that work for my purpose? I am looking to make:
    www . domain1 . com
    www . domain2 . com
    etc. and not www . domain1 . com/domain2

Would using shared hosting have any negative influence on my SEO? Also, I would also like to allow visitors to download files (e.g. free report) on my page. e.g. (www . domain1 .com/file1.pdf) Is that supported in normal shared plans? Or is that what they called "Anonymous FTP" that is not supported in the Baby plan?

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Take a look at Bluehost. Good prices, unlimited domains, public FTP. Everything you need to get started.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I thought that reseller hosting was shared hosting just with the option to resell.

we also offer packages with unlimited domain names...you can contact me at ajanssen at rolet dot com to discuss your needs if you want another option.

How many domain names you got? I can hook you up if its less than 1000.

Red face
    Thank you for the informative replies! I currently only have 2 domains registered but I will be registering more as I make more websites. I just want to ask if the file download feature requires "Anonymous FTP" to work? Or in what situations would one want to have the Anonymous FTP feature?

Reseller plans are the way to go in your case. Especially if you want to add ip addresses and nameservers (to show that your sites use NS1 . mysite . com, etc.).

Go with httpme (or me). You will not find a bad word about them anyplace. They also have the upgrade path from shared --> vps --> full server and will do the work for you of moving the domains as you grow.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread