Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Personal Creations reduces return days
    Just got a rather long and complicated email from PC. The major point that I focussed on was a reduction in return days to 30 from 90.

I'll have to dissect the rest tomorrow afternoon.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Since Norm left, there have been several people acting as AM.

My guess is they've had zillions of separate private offers and zillions of coupons, and now that he's going to be "permanent" he wants to organize - but has to clean slate first.

Also since Norm left, they've got 2 direct competitors, who basically offer the same stuff

So I'll be paying close attention to the bottom line to see if the loss of cookies is affecting me

On the bright side, he DID say he's happy to create special coupons if you ask. Enter "AuntLilly" for 10% off

My beef is their banners. Valentines Banners just say Personal Creations - with a pink background

St Pats banners just say Personal Creations - with a green background

I think they need to SAY Christmas or have a pic of Santa Clause - not just Personal Creations - with a red background

Cookies are HUGE in the bottom line.
    Probably they are the difference from profit to 0.
    I do PPC for one affiliate that reduced last year from 120 to 60 and this year from 60 to 20, I lost 50% in this process so now I work for nothing.
    I am talking with the AM but he keeps telling me how important I am for them and that they will find something extra for me, but for now nothing....
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by pexcornel
    I do PPC for one affiliate that reduced last year from 120 to 60 and this year from 60 to 20, I lost 50% in this process so now I work for nothing.
    Wow! Not to de-rail this thread, but what kind of product/service does the above merchant sell?

Geno

I'll echo Geno's question -- what product category is it where you lose 50% of sales commissions when cookie days are shortened from (anything) to 20 days?

I certainly do get some decent income from customers who take 10, 30, or 120 days before placing an order. Obviously, this seems to happen more with "considered purchase" decisions, either because the item is expensive or because the buyer has a limited budget.

Perhaps my focus on "product-specific" niche sites and PPC campaigns has skewed my results, but I am really shocked to hear about a category where 50% of orders come from return visits beyond 20 days.

Aha! Here's a scenario: a nutriceutical merchant offers a 30-day supply of something for $15, and then on the 21st day after purchase, the merchant solicits the customer to buy a 90-day supply for $30. If the merchant achieves a very high conversion rate for the "repeat purchase" offer (say 50%) then a reduction in return days from "more than 21 days" to "less than 21 days" would eliminate the commissions on the second transaction, and would cut commissions by 50%.

I do recognize that there are two issues in pex's post -- "earnings" and "profit." If the overall profit margin from pex's affiliate efforts was low (for example, a PPC campaign that brought $1.10 in commissions for every $1 spent), then a change in return days might cut "profits" by 50%, but I understood the 50% reference in the message to refer to "earnings," not "profits."

I also must note that it can be hard to track and match earnings to expenditures, as the time frame spreads out. If I spend $500 in March to send visitors to Merchant X, and earn $490 in commissions, I'm likely to pare down the campaign to spend only $50 in April -- but then if I see $200 in sales in April, it may include many folks from the month before! Likewise, if I looked at the results ($200 in income from $50 spent in April), I might raise my budget again in May, only to find that the sales figures for May don't seem to justify the higher budget (because some of those visitors won't buy until June).
    Last edited by markwelch; January 8th, 2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph and the "Aha!" paragraph.

markwelch: BINGO!
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

back on topic...

it's been 8 days since they expired all coupons

they said we can't use coupons we find elsewhere...

and today they emailed me (as a customer) with a bunch of coupons

what about AFFILIATE coupons - how much longer?

After 10 years... I finally pulled them

1. When affiliate fair play had a parasite presentation at the last Vegas Summit, her example was showing a video of e B a t e s popping up on my site and me losing a commission

2. They actually have links in the Linkshare create links section called U p r o m i s e links

3. SAS has a pie chart showing cookie day purchase percentages. Assuming it's the same numbers for my Linkshare merchants, the reduced cookies will mean I'll loose one out of four sales. That's unacceptable

4. They don't pay in a timely manner any more. It takes 3 months for them to get around to cutting checks.

5. Their new banner policy puts us at a competetive disadvantage. We either don't get a coupon, or it's worse then their other channels. The current affiliate coupon is "Free Shipping on $60+". The one in their email to their email list this morning is "25% off everything on our site - including sale items"

http://cdn.rsys1.net/ig.rsys1.net/re...5_email_01.gif

Looks like the're "pulling a Zappos". Have the affiliates build up their brand and make them what they are... then trash their affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    After 10 years... I finally pulled them

1. When affiliate fair play had a parasite presentation at the last Vegas Summit, her example was showing a video of e B a t e s popping up on my site and me losing a commission

2. They actually have links in the Linkshare create links section called U p r o m i s e links

3. SAS has a pie chart showing cookie day purchase percentages. Assuming it's the same numbers for my Linkshare merchants, the reduced cookies will mean I'll loose one out of four sales. That's unacceptable

4. They don't pay in a timely manner any more. It takes 3 months for them to get around to cutting checks.

5. Their new banner policy puts us at a competetive disadvantage. We either don't get a coupon, or it's worse then their other channels. The current affiliate coupon is "Free Shipping on $60+". The one in their email to their email list this morning is "25% off everything on our site - including sale items"

http://cdn.rsys1.net/ig.rsys1.net/re...5_email_01.gif

Looks like the're "pulling a Zappos". Have the affiliates build up their brand and make them what they are... then trash their affiliates.
    WOW, this should be a wakeup call for them. I would think that you've been one of their best affiliates. Sorry for your lost revenues - past and future. Lily

The AM said that affilliate coupons would be comporable to the ones we're not allowed to use.

Here's what we'ree given:

Expire Date: 04/11/08
    Promotion: Take 10% off an order of $60 or more.

Expire Date: 04/11/08
    Promotion: Free Shipping on orders of $60 or more.

and here's what they send to customers that we're not allowed to post:

Save 20% on orders of $60 or more at PersonalCreations
    Offer Code: 2060MOM
    Offer valid until April 14th, 2008

Comparable my ars!

Last I checked 20% is TWICE as good as 10%!!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Billy you must have been reading my mind.

I was just reading the Mother's Day email from Personal Creations. I seriously love their stuff (for selling not getting) and I know it sells. For the life of me I couldn't remember why I stopped promoting them. Now I remember. You saved me from having to go back through my notes. Thank you!

Lily

Can they possibly top giving customers coupons that are twice as good as those the give affiliates?

To redeem your discount, enter Offer Code: LUNCHAPR on the shopping basket page and click "Apply Promotion" to Save 30% on orders of $60 or more at PersonalCreations.com
    How about coupons that are THREE times better!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Just saw a "non commissionable sale" show up for Personal Creations because of "cookie days expired." GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Somebody lock me in my cage fast! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Can they possibly top giving customers coupons that are twice as good as those the give affiliates?
    They don't have to pay commission to an affiliate when sending out direct messaging, so yes, it makes sense that they could offer better deals. I'm not saying I like things like that as an affiliate (as I don't), I'm just saying there's a business explanation for why that would happen. Many merchants offer different promotions based on the channel, whether it be reminder emails, affiliates, TV, print, or direct mail.

Hello Everyone,
    Pete Pesce here.
    We are working hard to make our affiliate Program better.
    Willing to work with my affiliates however I can to improve things for both sides.
    If I can help in anyway (NEw Coupon Codes, private offers with higher commission or Extended cookie life) please email me directly at ppesce@giftsforyounow.com.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hi Pete and welcome!

You could start by extending cookie days back to 90. I'm sure that would make a lot of us happy.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Pete - Ditto with what Rexanne said and PLEASE update your datafeed. It is full of out of stock items.

Got your Notes Everyone.
    I will update our Datafeed & I can create some Private offers for you with Extended Cookie time. Please email me your Linkshare ID or the Email you use with Linkshare so I can extend the offer!
    Thanks everyone...
    Peter Pesce
    Internet Marketing Manager
    GiftsForYouNow.com

Hey Pete,

Most people don't know your back-story, but it's considered a no-no for company B to plug their program in a post about Company A, even if that person actually founded Company A (LOL)

Welcome to ABW

ABW Ambassador
    Okay, I'm confused. Is this about Personal Creations or GiftsForYouNow.com?

Pete,

If u haven't already done so, introduce yourself in a separate thread... and since you're an AM/President, contact an administrator to get PM priveleges (so we can contact you privately)

Billy,
    Thanks for the advise. I apologize for the no-no. I will not happen again.

I will create at GiftsForYouNow.com thread shortly.

Thank you,
    Pete Pesce
    GiftsForYouNow.com

uhhh am thoroughly confused now, too. lol I just got done sayin nice things about you in a thread about GiftsForYouNow since somebody had asked.

I removed PersonalCreations links due to things that had been said in this thread. Thought when I first corresponded with you I learned you had been associated with a very well liked affiliate manager that had managed another personalized gifts site but no longer does. uhhh lol

I popped in here cos of a pm I had saw the other thread so replied to it....ummm did I just make a post I shouldn't have cos I don't know what I'm talkin about? Or.....are you managing all of the personalized gifts sites known to mankind ??

To avoid future Confussion.
    I am the AM for GIFTSFORYOUNOW.com & ONLY GiftsForYouNow.com

I at one time was affiliated with Personal Creations. Many many moons ago.
    I at one time was also affiliated with PersonalizationMall.com. I am NOT affiliated with either of these compnaies anymore.
    Thank you,
    Peter Pesce
    GiftsForYouNow.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete410
    Hello Everyone,
    Pete Pesce here.
    We are working hard to make our affiliate Program better.
    Willing to work with my affiliates however I can to improve things for both sides.
    If I can help in anyway (NEw Coupon Codes, private offers with higher commission or Extended cookie life) please email me directly at ppesce@giftsforyounow.com.
    Why on earth would you post this in a Personal Creations thread without an explanation of which program you manage. Incredibly misleading. Other things are coming to my mind, but it's probably not wise to type them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast