Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The seat on my current leather office chair is beyond flat. I'm almost sitting on wood. So... this leaves me with two options:

1. Don't sit on the chair that much (ie work less)
    2. Get a new chair!

If I choose option 2, do any of you (I assume you sit while you work on your computer) have suggestions as to what is the most comfortable chair? If you can provide links that'd be really cool. If I buy I'll PM you first for an affiliate link. Cost is not an object... my butt is

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Well. Since you asked and i was just looking at my page here is my shameless plug for executive furniture and products on my site. click here
    Some look oh so comfy. LOL
    Anyways in all reality why not for the summer just kick back and take choice 1 !!!!!

WW

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Thanks WW! I need this chair for the summer and beyond so the chair dilemma continues...

This guy looks nice.
    http://www.homevisions.com/hvprod/pr...rtner=18&CP=00
    But as with the chair I have now, photos DO NOT represent how comfy it is. Anyone have this chair or a chair like it?

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

ABW Ambassador
    Need a new chair myself, figure would treat myself to something like this:
    http://www.bestpriceseating.com/ofmexofchair.html

I'm looking for something in black leather, that reclines. Heat and massage? Maybe

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't sold enough Underwear to pay for a new leather chair.
    Long ago selling some office products, some features to key in on was a pneumatic feature which was nice as well as having a good solid looking base as that one you show has.
    I think in many instances buying a chair is something like buying shoes. Sometimes you have to try them out make sure they "fit right".
    As i sit in my executive cloth chair, but having to prop my feet up on a lowly metal, small childs, foldable chair which serves its needs but not real comfy, the ottoman and chair on my page looks like something I should be looking at.

WW

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    My two cents. Go to the nearest officedepot or whatever and test drive. Chairs are like a pair of shoes, they got to fit. No matter how comfy the make look, if it doesn't fit your individual shape and size, it's not going to be comfy for very long. Especially if you already have back problems. Also keep in mind how the chair will fit related to your desk. Those armrests and seat height can be a problem.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    We got ours from Staples. I had to sit on it. I would NEVER buy a chair online if I hadn't tried it first.
    Working all day on a bad chair would be terrible

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Chairs are like a pair of shoes, they got to fit

LOL
    I thought I was just hearing strange voices again

Just those ABW echoes again.

WW

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nice looking office chair but not enough cushion to the seat bottom. Then again a softer cushion would probably cut down on the cig breaks. Also no option for attaching a parrot perch. The leather looks yummy though...

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    WAlley Got a Whenu pop on your site. Will email you copy of popup

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

ABW Ambassador
    WAlley Got a Whenu pop on your site.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

ABW Ambassador
    Wonders which wank of a merchant is causing that
    Hope that big huge red lettering wasn't on it too

Send me a PM for e mail info if you wish
    Thanks

WW

ABW Ambassador
    A year ago I would have probably recommended an Aeron, but, I'm a bit dissapointed in mine now. I used to have one at work and it was great. Then I got some for the house and for some reason the one I use every day.. I just can't seem to get comfortable in.

Steelcase has a nice "super chair" called the Leap Chair. I may try it next. Been meaning to go to the local office specialty place and test drive them.
    http://www.leap-chair.com/

As much time as we spend in front of these stupid machines, its worth it to be as comfortable as possible.

Good Luck.

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

What are executive chairs like for our type of work?

I always assumed as they weren't of the "computer operator" variety that they must not be suitably designed?

I have a real basic black leather Task Chair I bought from Staples for $50 that I'm very happy with - the "only" adjustment is a pneumatic height adjustment, tho it does have knobs in the back (I set them to max extension and leave em there)..

It isn't supposed to recline, tho I can get it to

--
    "No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they're always there." – Norman Vincent Peale
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

Relax the back. An ergonomic chair is the only way to go. I bought a nice leather chair at the office supply and a regular task chair. Sure they are comfy to sit on in the store for a few minutes. Living in it is a different story. Then I got the Lifeform Basic Management Chair from Relax the back for around $500.00 this is their cheap chair and it doesn't look like much, but I have had it over 5 years and love it.

If you have a local store you can get a discount on a floor model and a discount if you get a prescription from your doctor.

I know how you feel Akvia, my old office chair is so hard now it's like sitting on a rock and when I go to get up sometimes it feels as if my body is welded the shape of it!

I have a black leather exec chair just like the one pictured and it's comfortable for about 20 mins, after that I find I slide on the leather, and waste a lot of time figgeting. The ergonomic chair lasted about 20 mins too!

I'm in the market for a new chair, and will be test driving different styles as soon as we've finished moving.
    Thought I might look at one of those massage chairs, could be quite a nice experience sitting working and getting a massage at the same time

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.relaxtheback.com/global/p...&group_ID=1817

only $2,795.00

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Akiva,

Take it from a person that has some back problems. Go test the chairs out. I also suggest Staples. They had a pretty good selection. The chair I got there is pretty good but I should of spent another 50 bucks and got the one that I really, realy wanted. I am happy with the chair I got though. I just need to learn to sit back in it the way it was designed and relax while I am working instead of slupmping over the computer like I tend to do. Hmmmm, maybe a pair of glasses will fix that problem .

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

This is generally regarded as the most comfortable office chair in the world: http://www.officedesigns.com/officed...milaercha.html

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I used to have one at work and it was great. Then I got some for the house and for some reason the one I use every day.. I just can't seem to get comfortable in. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because it reminds you of W*RK!

Seriously, it's amazing how many things seem good/useful/comfortable at w*rk that aren't so great once they're brought home. I've noticed that effect with everything from 50c items to things costing hundreds! Now I keep my wallet almost welded shut when the thought crosses my mind that something seemed good "when I w*rked at [insert name], maybe I should get that."

~Revenue is King

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Cost is not an object... my butt is <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anything made by Recaro. They're just as comfy sitting still as they are sliding sideways at 80 mph. And best of all, their office chairs don't have safety harnesses to fool with when you want to stand up!

Regards,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This is generally regarded as the most comfortable office chair in the world: http://www.officedesigns.com/officed...></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a herman miller and it rocks! I used to have a $100 chair from staples and my back would be killing me after a few hours. I could sit in the aeron all day and be without any problems. Also I ordered mine from that site and used coupon code "OFF50" for $50 off.

---

HomeAlarmSecuritySystems.com
    Earn $30 Per Sale!
    Tell Me More

Akiva take no notice of these other guys Go and buy a pair of shoes from Clarks and you get a chair for free. I gotta admit it is not the most comfortable chair I have used but what do you want for free?

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    LMAO
    I see you show good taste by having ABW showing on screen.

WW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast