Affiliate Marketing Blues? Watch this inspiring video...
    Broken links, google slaps, dishonest merchants, Inflated CPCs, Competitors clicking your ads, negative ROIs, slow or frozen laptops, not enough hrs in the day to finish a webpage, and worst of all: no commission days ...

On days like that I go watch this video below a few times when I'm just about ready to throw my laptop into the pond out back and say the hell with affiliate marketing.

JASON will change your whole day...

Don't skip the end - it's the best part!!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=2306645

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm still having a bad day and don't feel any better about affiliate marketing but OMG what a great story! Made my daughter and me cry!

But I do feel better about humanity ... absolutely - thanks for sharing Gocolts!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I'm still having a bad day and don't feel any better about affiliate marketing but OMG what a great story! Made my daughter and me cry!

But I do feel better about humanity ... absolutely - thanks for sharing Gocolts!
    Awesome isn't it.

That's why we got to hold on and not skip the end of our own stories here.

Sometimes in this world of brilliant techie folks - I feel like an "autistic affiliate".

Quote Originally Posted by GoColts
    Awesome isn't it.

That's why we got to hold on and not skip the end of our own stories here.

Sometimes in this world of brilliant techie folks - I feel like an "autistic affiliate".
    Oh hell, I'm absolutly clueless about tech stuff but that never stopped me, nor will it ever.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    That did cheer me up. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    That did cheer me up. Thanks!
    Awesome! Your welcome Chuck

That's a great video, just goes to show you that there is talent in everyone He obviously loved the game, and once given the opportunity to play, he rocked the place.

I think this applies to everything we do, if you really enjoy it, you will succeed. Maybe not right away, but if you stick with it, it will come.

As a former teacher in a large urban district, with its inherent problems, I appreciate the inspiration in that video clip. Thanks for sharing.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing, saw it a while back but always great to see again and get inspired with what he did.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    His autism seems very mild. One of a friends's brothers has a teenage daughter with autism, she can only say a few words. The sad part of the video is that the autistic guy wasn't allowed to play until the very end of that game.

For me the video speaks volumes to the soul. You could take many things from it from an affiliate marketing standpoint. You could watch it and gain inspiration to pick up where you left off frustrated and such...

But a deeper meaning for me as an affiliate marketer...

I realize that most of us get chills at the end of the video and smile or cry or both...

We are filled with peace and joy in watching someone else not only succeed but triumph and champion through great adversity. We find inner "value" and joy within us when we see others find "value", prosper, and fulfill dreams.

As marketers and entrepreneurs we are different from many of those around us. We are DRIVEN where others simply like punching the clock and completing simple tasks.

Our Drive comes from our own dreams of success fed by inspiration, motivation, and blessings of wisdom and health from God above.

Point? We [affiliates] are not driven by greed but by helping others find value. Example - a coupon site SAVES the person money. It helps them. We get inspired that we helped someone. We found VALUE in helping someone and subsequently reap VALUE (commissions) in return.

If we treat our target audiences with the same kind of warmth and respect the coach/team displayed to JASON that day and give them the VALUE that they seek, we will reap inspiration and inner joy from their gratitude which will strenthen and nourish our entrepreneural DRIVE - resulting in the reaping of what is "valuable" to us: commissions.

I saw that when it first aired on CBS and loved it. Steve Hartman has the last 5 minutes every Friday on the CBS evening news and I always try to watch it. Usually that is the best thing on the news all week.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I love stories like this. Reminds me of a few NFL greats. Leroy Butler, former great safety for the Green Bay Packers, could not even walk without braces as a child. See http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...-forrest-gump/

My parents thought I was mentally retarded as a young child because I was breech born and did not talk until I was nearly 4 yrs old. I went on to get an advanced degree in mathematics. Admittedly, I am a slow learner. So people often assume I am not that intelligent. In college, I usually got low C's on the first exams. But once the pieces fell in place, I would excel beyond the rest of the class, usually ending up with an A- in the courses I took - I used to look forward to final exams. So when I immerse myself thoroughly in the task at hand, I often gain insight that others do not.

We all must play the hand we are dealt.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead

My parents thought I was mentally retarded as a young child because I was breech born and did not talk until I was nearly 4 yrs old. I went on to get an advanced degree in mathematics. Admittedly, I am a slow learner. So people often assume I am not that intelligent. In college, I usually got low C's on the first exams. But once the pieces fell in place, I would excel beyond the rest of the class, usually ending up with an A- in the courses I took - I used to look forward to final exams. So when I immerse myself thoroughly in the task at hand, I often gain insight that others do not.
    Cheesehead, your story supports my theory that "learning disabled" children are the disguised creative geniuses among us.

Every "learning disabled" kid I know has an outstanding gift outside of the typical classroom. Many times, the lerning disabled "label" merely translates into "learning disabled in a typical classroom environment."
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Cool video, very inspiring indeed.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread