Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DeepDiscount is pretty bad from a consumer standpoint
    DeepDiscount is pretty bad from a consumer standpoint.
    Here is what happened with my recent order.
    I placed an order on that site for a Christmas gift and it said to GUARNATEE delivery by Christmas to pay for 2-day shipping.
    So, I payed an extra $10 for the 2-day shipping, It never came in time, so I emailed them to ask them what happened.
    They said it was on back order, but they didnít bother telling me, so I had no idea I was going to be short some gifts.
    So, I reply back after Christmas asking them to cancel the order.
    The next day they reply asking me if I want to cancel.
    I reply back saying yes I already told you that
    The Next day they say to late we shipped it today.
    So, I say okay email me a prepaid label so I can return it.
    They say No, you pay to ship it to us.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    That seems pretty consumer unfriendly.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Shimmy,

My name is Christine and I work for AffiliateFuture. I have passed your post along to our contact at DeepDiscount so that their customer service team is aware. I understand why you are upset, but this is not the best place to air your complaint. If you would like to discuss things further please contact them directly, http://www.deepdiscount.com/help.htm.

Christine

Quote Originally Posted by christine@affiliatefuture
    I understand why you are upset, but this is not the best place to air your complaint.

Christine
    Christine, I disagree completely. We are all interested in giving our visitors the best customer service experience as possible. If there is a merchant that isn't living up to that standard than we need to know about it so that we can act accordingly.

BTW, changing the title of the thread to minimize it's impact is a bit underhanded.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Christine, I disagree completely. We are all interested in giving our visitors the best customer service experience as possible. If there is a merchant that isn't living up to that standard than we need to know about it so that we can act accordingly.

BTW, changing the title of the thread to minimize it's impact is a bit underhanded.

-rematt
    I completely agree, can someone change the title of my thread back. This is not a customer service question at all. It is a factual comment of my experience with them.

Send Haiko A PM shimmy.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ok I will try PM'ing that thanks

Affiliate Network Rep
    Rematt,

If we regularly received complaints about their customer service this would definitely be something to discuss. Based on the email I received from the merchant this is an isolated incident not a common occurrence. They are sorry but there are always going to be some issues, especially in busy times.

And no I was not trying to be sneaky when renaming the thread. DeepDiscount purchased this space in the forum. Renaming the post was an attempt to keep it open because no PR department would want the earlier title associated with their company.

Back to work for me
    Christine

That is crazy, you are saying the merchant told you it was an "isolated incident not a common occurrence" Did you really expect them to say something like "Oh this happens all the time, we just blow it off"

Quote Originally Posted by christine@affiliatefuture
    Rematt,

If we regularly received complaints about their customer service this would definitely be something to discuss. Based on the email I received from the merchant this is an isolated incident not a common occurrence. They are sorry but there are always going to be some issues, especially in busy times.

And no I was not trying to be sneaky when renaming the thread. DeepDiscount purchased this space in the forum. Renaming the post was an attempt to keep it open because no PR department would want the earlier title associated with their company.

Back to work for me
    Christine
    Christine, every business has customer service complaints DeepDiscount.com customer service and DeepDiscount.com isn't immune. To dismiss this as an "isolated incident" as a justification for changing the original post as opposed to addressing the issue is not really a good way to gain our confidence or up their PR rating.

You have to understand that poor customer service sometimes results in bad PR. Avoiding or minimizing the issue doesn't change that. Resolving the issue does.

I understand that DeepDiscounts.com pays for this forum and would not like negative comments, so perhaps a moderator can move this thread to another forum where we can openly express our opinions.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Wow, thanks for that link rematt, wish I saw the reviews on epinion before I ordered from them, this isn't even close to an isolated event

Admin Note: Original thread title reinstated.

I'll be happy to move it if so desired.

Affiliate Network Rep
    A message from DeepDiscount
    Hello Everyone,

Our contact at DeepDiscount has asked me to post a message since he is not a member of the forum.

"Regarding the complaint about our customer service, we've been in business for seven years and we ship literally thousands of orders per day. While we strive for perfection, occasionally we'll fall short. For this, we apologize. Our customer service phone number is 1-800-264-5076 and they can also be reached via the "contact us" option on the site. Our goal is to satisfy every complaint and "make it right" for our customers. If we failed to do so on this occasion, I sincerely apologize. Thank you for letting us know."

They did not try at all in my case

Its pretty obvious everything he says is just talk and mine and all the other customer service problems mention on other sites is the norm. And here is the way you can tell. Notice during our whole discussion and the times you contacted him, he never bothered to ask about my support ticket numbers with the site or order numbers. He doesn't care, it's normal for him.

I can certainly see Christine's point about DD paying for this forum and wanting to have some say in what is posted here.

That being said, I agree with rematt, this thread should be moved to the midnight cafe or test purchase forums. This way opinions can be expressed openly.

Where is Beachy and his famous SEO skills...
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Why do businesses make this mistake so often?

The customer has a legitimate complaint and then they put it back on the customer to contact the company when they already were in prior contact with their unresolved issue. Reach out to the customer. Don't make them have to chase you.

For a matter of a few bucks and some positive PR, this issue could have been resolved already. Yet you continue to inconvenience the customer. Sometimes I wonder if a company involved in a scenario like this is able to think with anything but their balance sheet.

-sfcom

Admin Note: Thread moved per request

It was my choice to move it without a redirect link from the original location.

Affiliate Network Rep
    relocating thread
    Hello Everyone,

Hope things with the original order are resolved.

Back to work for me!
    Christine

I doubt it will be, talking to their customer service goes nowhere

Just some general customer tips from my experience in dealing with customer service at various companies:

1) Always call, if that option is available. You usually get better service talking directly to a real person.

2) Be polite and considerate. It's not the customer service rep's problem and they've probably had a crappy day dealing with rude customers.

3) If you don't get satisfactory resolution the first time, hang up and call back. Results vary tremendously from customer service rep to customer service rep.

4) Escalate to a customer service manager if you still don't get a good response.

5) Let them know that you will be disputing the charge with your credit card if they don't resolve the issue.

Depending on the size of the company, how much time you want to put into it, one or more of the following tactics may help once you've reached this point without having your problem resolved:

6) For very large companies (especially with CS outsourced overseas), try to find a corporate customer service contact. Many companies (like HP, for instance), have a special department that handles complaints that get sent to executive level staff. Contact them with either a letter or an email.

7) Check the company's BBB report. If they resolve a significant percentage of their complaints, use that channel to complain. (If every single one is closed with no response, I wouldn't bother.)

8) If you're a member of their affiliate program, contact the affiliate manager.

And the final step, which I've only had fail once is:

9) Dispute the charge with your credit card company. American Express, especially, is wonderful at handling customer service complaints.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

And my take on DeepDiscount.com... I love the company. The prices and promotions are great and ground shipping is free. Shipping can be slow sometimes, but I've never been in a hurry for anything. I've never had a problem (and I've placed numerous orders) so I haven't had to contact customer service.

My take on store rating/review sites... Most people who don't have a problem aren't going to rate or review a store, so they're skewed quite a bit towards the negative. I wouldn't say that there were enough reviews on epinions (11) for their rating to be statistically meaningful.

My take on moderation of posts by the subforum owners in subforums... It's a slippery slope and I wouldn't recommend it except in extreme cases. It's much better to resolve things quickly, professionally and politely and let that be shown in the threads.

My take on customer service... This is incredibly important for stores. Some stores (and I'm not saying that's the case with DD) will take the view "but if I make the customer happy I will lose money". That's hogwash. If you don't make the customer happy when you have a problem, you will lose them for life and many will tell a lot of their friends. Which way loses more money?

My take on the volume of DeepDiscount.com complaints... With the number of orders they process, there will be mistakes and customer service will fail at times. The number of complaints out there don't indicate to me that there is a widespread problem.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    And my take on DeepDiscount.com... I love the company. The prices and promotions are great and ground shipping is free. Shipping can be slow sometimes, but I've never been in a hurry for anything. I've never had a problem (and I've placed numerous orders) so I haven't had to contact customer service....
    Ditto with my experiences with DD.

That said, and never having had a problem witht them, their response to shimmy was bad and their position here is worse.

Bottom line, though, people don't anticipate that they will ever have a problem (like shimmy did), and as long as they have such low prices, they will continue to do a big business.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, epinions only had 11, I checked Bizrate which had over 50,000 and overall positive: http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide...id--31817.html

I remember when they first started their program, getting excited because I've always heard good things about them and had constant searches on my site on them. I love Amazon, never had a problem but I could easily search the internet and find complaints on them.

Having said that, it looks like they didn't handle your problem the best way and what Michael said. Take care of the customer. If not handled correctly, you could lose them. Handle it correctly and hopefully not have the same problem, you could have a customer for life.

When consumers have as many choices as they do today, customer service is often the deciding factor in who they do business with. Every company makes mistakes and I am more likely to continue on with an organization that handles issues in a fast, courteous manner than one that make me jump through hoops to resolve THEIR issue.

In this instance it doesn't appear that much thought has gone in to what happens after the sale. The easiest way for DeepDiscount.com to have resolved this issue would have been to avoid it in the first place. That could have been done very simply by sending an e-mail explaining the back order status and offering alternatives. One of those alternatives should have been to cancel the order immediately.

After having missed the first opportunity to take care of their customer they should have acted immediately on the customers request to cancel the order prior to it being shipped. Having blown opportunity #2, they should have jumped on the opportunity to still salvage the relationship by OFFERING to send a pre-paid label and apologizing profusely.

Once all of that failed they had a very easy way to resolve the issue through the forum. They could have been heroes by addressing the REAL issue here and making sure that Shimmy was taken care of. I'm pretty sure that Shimmy would have posted again about how great they were in resolving his issue and how much he loved the free Frisbee. But instead they decided to blow smoke and the issue still isn't resolved.

Low price may attract customers, but poor customer service will certainly impact the number of return customers that they get. I'm pretty sure that Shimmy won't be buying from them again anytime soon.

-rematt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast