Online Marketing Consultant
    Google Print Advertising A++
    I've recently started using Google Print advertising where you bid out the prices and I want to say it is the most wonderful experience I have ever had when placing ads in Papers.

Not only do you name your own prices, but you can bid out to almost all papers in the city or region.

They offer an easy to use tool (it is very basic though) to design your ads.

They show you the ad specs and actual rates.

They submit and make it soo much easier than having to talk to sales reps on the phone for extended periods of times.

Google Print advertising is absolutely great if you want to run newspapers ads!

The downfall is that you have to follow their PPC guidelines like with trademarks so you cannot mention stores, you cannot mention brand names, etc.... They are extremely strict around this.

Also, if your ad is rejected, you may miss a deadline for tha paper that week, so if you are time sensitive, it may not be for you.

I am also not sure if they allow you to do non display ads in classifieds,,,does anyone else know about this?

I'm trying the radio one shortly as well....I think they started that as well.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Glad to hear your experience on this. How did they establish that anyway? Did they just go to all of the online newspaper accounts that they did the banner ads with and form a partnership? Many people thought newspapers were going the way of the dinosaurs. Apparantly, one of the most high-tech companies thinks there are opportunities in it. Isn't it nice when we all get along?

-sfcom

Online Marketing Consultant
    It is a program they have been working on for at least a year now.

Newspapers will always remain a strong advertising medium as well. They just morph and change. A strong one for night clubs, for offbeat stores, for botique shops, etc...are metro papers which are made to be read within a 25-30 time on a bus or metro...

Then there are the traditional ones to hit the stay at home moms, business people and seniors.

Papers like the Onion which works for liberals, younger generations to Gen X, alternative lifestyles and people who like to laugh.

The citizen which is for seniors, etc...

Google just found a way to simplify and streamline the process so you do not have to do credit checks with the papers ahgead of time and so that you can hopefully get the rates you would like instead of what they want to charge you.

It's a truely great service, we saved a ton of money (a large percentage) just now on an ad running in Kansas starting this Friday.

As for the radio, it isn't radio time slot bidding, it is vocal ad recording which is a shame....hopefully they can combine with radios and bid out time slots etc... as well for the future.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

The Google Radio ads works just as well if not better than the Newspaper ads. I have utilized both products and find them both to be invaluable. The time and cost savings are great! I love how Google keeps a library of all your recorded ads as well.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread