Removal of line-breaks from SAS emails
    I'm sure this issue has been raised before, but I can't find it easily through searches.

Why can't ShareASale set up its email-forwarding and notification systems so that "line breaks" are not stripped out, making each message a huge lump of text with no formatting?

I just received two "Change to Program Agreement" notifications, each of which contains a huge block of text, all run together without any formatting or line breaks. There are some line breaks in the email, but not in the actual "program terms" (which represent the overwhelming majority of the content).

Personally, I find it quite annoying that SAS allows merchants to embed non-standard characters and HTML tags (including paragraph and line-break codes, as well as bold, headline, and various font tags) in their datafeeds, where I believe very few affiliates want them, and yet strips all encoding out of emails, where we'd really appreciate proper formatting.

I also noticed (a few weeks ago) that when I submit text to new merchants along with my application to join their program, line-breaks are also stripped out of that text. When one merchant replied quoting the entire email he'd forwarded by ShareASale, I was quite embarassed to see how my text is presented, stripped of all formatting, so that I (like the merchants who make program changes) appear to be unfamiliar with basic language conventions.

It looks very, very unprofessional, and interferes with communications.

Yes, of course, SAS is a great service, which I prefer over all other affiliate technology solutions, and both of these "recent additions" are wonderful for both affiliates and merchants -- but this formatting thing is really annoying.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Mark,

I'm going to take a look at this, but it may be difficult to solve completely. Different programs, browsers, email clients, etc... all treat these things differently.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread