I've been Bugged!
    As an effort to further educate my myself in my continued weight loss goals and health mission I've added a new gadget called the bodybugg to my repertoire.

BodyBugg can be seen on the biggest loser TV show - it's that weird looking thing on the upper right arm of the contestants. The unit tracks caloric expenditures through out the day and with the online interface it allows you to enter your food intake so it can help you maximize caloric deficits to help you reach your weight loss goals.

I'll keep you all updated.

BTW, I am on a mission
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I'd like to know how accurate this is, looks pretty cool. And it is really that simple, what they have on the home page. "You just need to burn more calories than you take in."

sounds cool....I need to lose 20 pounds and succumbed to an info-mercial over the weekend and bought a dance aerobics program, should be here Friday or Monday.....

My goal is to drop a few pounds before Summit so I don't look like I don't have a neck in the photos that get taken. Definitely curious how your new gadget works for you!

Definitely interested in how well it works. I've just begun my weight loss efforts. Very inspiring to hear everyone's progress.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Yes, please keep us tuned in.
    You just need to burn more calories than you take in.*
    That is true and I need to begin working toward that goal.

*The caveat being that the caloric intake must be a healthy mix of nutrients.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

The online subscription helps track and plan your food intake.

Told me that my meal composition should be 60% carbs 20% protien and 20% fat after a series of lifestyle and eating questions and of course my goal charting.

Here's a screenie of the main interface ... it's pretty cool seeing the calories and where they are used.

Edited to Add:
    The UPS came at 4pm that's why my treadmill and resistance calories aren't on here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Wow this is cool!!!!!

Now seriously you are going to eat that many calories a day?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You should be eating non stop and running at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    Now seriously you are going to eat that many calories a day?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    No, they use a specific formula to come up with that number. I, however, prefer to use my goal weight's caloric intake requirement (2,500). This way I'm already used to eating a specific amount of food and not stepping down anything only maintaining, intake wise.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    I was wondering that myself, I saw 4500 and was like whoa. I remember reading in Consumer Reports when they compared the various programs out there like Weight Watchers, NutriSystem etc. and the calories for all of them were about 1600 give or take and you're going to lose weight eating that amount. I slowly lost my "affiliate weight" going down from 220 to my normal 185 by just cutting the calories. I would eat about 2200 and not do any exercise whatsoever and finally lost it. And I know I should exercise and then if I did, I could eat more

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    That is really, really, really cool...I use a food journal now, and it keeps me in the 2000-2500 calorie per day range, but to get all that data! I'd probably get obsessed though...I love looking data crunching, cereal crunching, potato chip crunching...

Geek question, does it sync via a cable or is there some kind of fancy wireless transmission? How crazy would it be to have it wirelessly transmit caloric burn in real-time to a laptop while you're on the treadmill? (Okay, maybe that's a little too lame)

Best of Luck, H!

I've dropped 5 since the New Year, but those are the easy 5... Holiday Crap Food 5.

Been doing well with my plan, so we'll see. I'd like to drop about 15 more pounds.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Online Marketing Consultant
    Darn you H....all the dieting talk got me on a Scale this morning and now I'm on a mission to drop 20lbs now before Summit!!!! are you still doing the pedometer giveaway?

Congrats on your success and that Body Bug is way cool.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Ok first day of real exercise with the bugger ... this is real good info!

this shows my workout this AM and my breakfast thereafter, but most importantly you'll see I selected the specific time range I was in the gym (7:54-9:30AM) and it specifically read 1034 calories burned ... this is crucial for me as my heart rate monitor said I did 1734 calories. A HUGE discrepancy! I also learned that while I was sleeping I burn 2.1 calories a minute ... this is all very crucial for really finding your BMR and RMR ... Know thyself.

Even though I'm sick (bad cold) An hour on the treadmill and half an hour (7miles) on the lifecycle does add up, I'll hit my 10K steps today NP!

Here you can see the level of intensity for the various exercises, showering, getting ready, then treadmill and then step down to lifecycle. You can easily see that the treadmill is sooo much more of a work out than the lifecycle. I didn't do any resistance training today as I'm too weak (the cold) but it will be really interesting to see those levels.

Ok this is definitely my favorite screen ... look at all this data!!!

Where the fudge is all that salt coming from, no wonder I feel bloated The system can generate a diet for you as well, but I have my own that I've tweaked for the past 15 months and it works energy wise, but I'll be able to isolate the wrong things and remove / or add them.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the bugger I really think that I can exercise and eat smarter and reach my goals even more effectively.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I am very interested in this innovative tool. My wife has taken the lead and bought gym memberships for the year. Time to get started and see how bad my data really is.

-sfcom

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Please don't tell me the sodium is coming from egg beaters...

I contacted the company yesterday and it turns out they are looking to launch an affiliate program soon. Anyone here interested in heading it up? Get in touch with them and let them know your experience/interest. As for myself, it looks like I will be holding off on my purchase for a while due to the cost of the bodybugg. Possibly an alternative tracking program-traineo (free) and gym visits vs bodybugg and gym visits.

-sfcom

First Week update:

You can see my average calories burned for the week is 4,065 and intake of 2,315 resulting in an average daily deficit of 1,750 cals which in turn, would result in about a three pound weight loss for the week ... yeah Haikster!!! LOL

You'll also see that my #1 day for the week was Saturday with 4,843 calories burned - no excuses since it's the weekend!!!

Here you'll see my daily log of actual time exercising.

During the week I averaged 8230 steps a day which is a little over 4 miles a day. Go treadmill But I also did a regimented regime of resistance training as well, this is crucial for increasing your BMR - every pound of muscle burns an extra 50 calories a day.

I'm still also watching my sodium intake and diet - trying to maintain the proper percentages of proteins, fats and carbs.

I'm loving this tool, it's amazing information and definitely worth the $$ if your serious about gaining true data in your mission.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread