Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Looking for a good package deal for Disneyworld
    Ellen and I will be bringing our 3 1/2 yr old grand daughter Sage down to our FL home for a week in March. Of course, we intend to take her to Disneyworld (her first trip to DW) and Sea World. We are planning to spend two nights in the area and take one day at DW and one at SW.

If anyone knows of a good package deal that includes hotel, DW & SW, I'd appreciate it if you would PM me with information. I figure Nunez probably owns a piece of Disney, but you Orlando area pros may have some info too, so any good leads are appreciated. Thanks. :-)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Ellen and I will be bringing our 3 1/2 yr old grand daughter Sage down to our FL home for a week in March. Of course, we intend to take her to Disneyworld (her first trip to DW) and Sea World. We are planning to spend two nights in the area and take one day at DW and one at SW.

If anyone knows of a good package deal that includes hotel, DW & SW, I'd appreciate it if you would PM me with information. I figure Nunez probably owns a piece of Disney, but you Orlando area pros may have some info too, so any good leads are appreciated. Thanks. :-)
    Hey Alan,

I'll keep an eye open. It's terribly expensive, but my daughter absolutely LOVED the nick hotel. 3.5 might be too young to remember it though, and it's an event in itself. Anyway, I'll let you know what I find.

-Mike

I don't know of a package but I HIGHLY ( the most high possible) recommend you stay ON property... it is well worth the extra ( if any) spent to do so. For a list of reasons, send a mail directly, lol

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I know you spend part of your year in Fla, do you happen to have a Florida driver's license? Instate rates at the parks will save you some money. So will your Blue Hair Club Card (AARP). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I know you spend part of your year in Fla, do you happen to have a Florida driver's license? Instate rates at the parks will save you some money. So will your Blue Hair Club Card (AARP). :-)
    Very good point, Donuts. When I lived in SoCal, I got great local resident discounts on Disney parks. Though, this was when it only cost an arm to get in. Now, I think it costs an arm, a leg, and your first born.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Now, I think it costs an arm, a leg, and your first born.
    First borns - Its how Disney fuels the machine...

Blue hair!!!???? $#@&!#@

No, don't have a FL license, but I've thought about that for other reasons, such as saving a ton of money on plate renewals etc. I'll take you suggestion on AARP though, who knows? What is your membership #? :-)

Anne, thanks - I've not forgotten my lil think tank buddy!

Nunez - don't you own the penthouse suite at Nick? Let me know if you see a good on site package - it'd be appreciated.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

On property is always the way to go!!!!! We go every eyar and our favorite resort is the Caribbean......3.5 is not too young at all....and it is possible to do it with all the parks without breaking the bank....we have four kids and stay at least 8 days on site with hopper passes, and we purchase the meal plane all for under $4,000.00...I should also add, that I became addicted to WDW after our first trip and immediately researched and became a travel agent just so I could book us at the best rate...I also sell it to my friends....but it is purely a hobby, not a revenue stream at all...but so worth it!!!!!!

You can always build your own custom package threw Disney...

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/index?bhcp=1

So will your Blue Hair Club Card (AARP). :-)
    Good thing I didn't have a mouth full of coffee when I read that.

With just one day (and a 3.5 year old - does she still takes a nap?), you really won't be able to do Disney justice. You'll probably do best to pick just one park. The best for kids is probably Magic Kingdom, although MGM Studios was a close second with my kids. All of the parks have something for everyone, though.

I agree with staying on-site. Which resort doesn't really matter, because you won't spend much time in the room. We were happy with the All Star resorts, which are the cheapest ones.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've been there a lot, and in the summer there just aren't a ton of great deals. In the fall they have the free-dining-plan, which is great, and then sometimes they give extra days on packages, but summer is tough to bargain.

Plus its way to HOT and HUMID in the summer.

And the lines..... you could have to wait up to 90+ mins for 1 ride!

If you are able to.... go before school is out.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    For SW, there is usually a deal going on.. checkout their website or google.

DW, sorry to say Al.. but deals for Disney are very slim to none. If you have AAA, they might have something

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    DW, sorry to say Al.. but deals for Disney are very slim to none. If you have AAA, they might have something
    WDW does offer specials - they are typically for Sept - Nov travel and then they offer specials for December and typically there is a special in July & August, they release these typically three months before the special is good.

Generally these specials are reduced room rates, ticket upgrades for free, or adding the dining plan for free...

Yeah, we got a really sweet deal last September and are going again with an even better deal this September. But Alan's going in March. That's the peak season. The deals won't be anywhere near as good, but the weather shouldn't be bad.

Go mid-week for smaller crowds and possible a better deal.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Good thing I didn't have a mouth full of coffee when I read that.

With just one day (and a 3.5 year old - does she still takes a nap?), you really won't be able to do Disney justice. You'll probably do best to pick just one park. The best for kids is probably Magic Kingdom, although MGM Studios was a close second with my kids. All of the parks have something for everyone, though.

I agree with staying on-site. Which resort doesn't really matter, because you won't spend much time in the room. We were happy with the All Star resorts, which are the cheapest ones.
    Oh - I hear ya on that Tex. Glad you didn't have a mouth full of coffee when you read it too!! She's an energetic lil tike, but I imagine 7 - 8 hours will be enough for her at DW, and SW will be an easier day. I remember when our sons were that age and we did the California Disney Land journey a few times. Wound up carrying them most of the later afternoon!

We're kinda thinking the Disney Caribbean Resort at this point, but have more research to do.

Thanks to everyone who has posted and PM'ed me with comments and suggestions. The ABW travel agency network is alive and well!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread