Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Full Member 212TomTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2007
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    203
    Testing Ad variations
    I've been testing multiple Adwords ads for a group of keywords, for a couple months, and have 2 that work (I think) fairly well. One converts at 2.99% and the other at 1.53%. Google has shown the 2.99% Ad 70% of the time, and the other, of course, 30% of the time.

    My question is: Should I turn off the 1.53% version of the ad, and expect the best performing ad to perform as well with being shown 100% of the time, or should I leave the 2 versions in place, and take advantage of possibly reaching more people that would only respond to the second ad?

    I know the only "exact" answer is to try it for a while and find out, but I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience and can share their acquired knowledge.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador Lanadili's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2007
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    1,114
    I was in a similar situation awhile back, and from my experience, it's best to keep both ads going to reach more people. I tried both methods, turning off one ad that was showing less, and my hits decreased. I put the ad back up with the other one, and also changed the settings in my campaign to show the ads more evenly, and my hits increased. I tested both methods for a month, and the one with both ads (showing evenly) produced better results.

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador Greg Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,889
    Another option is to tweak the lower performing ad and see if it can be as good or better than the top ad.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

    Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

  4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM
  2. Trademark Bidding & Variations
    By thegyppo in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
  3. testing again
    By PM Spamed so I'm Banned in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2004, 12:14 PM
  4. testing
    By fudd in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2002, 05:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •