Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Avoid This Merchant Like The Plague
    FAO The appallingly rude and incompetent Affiliate Program Manager at 123doc.com

Sir

I am absolutely disgusted at your inefficient and disgraceful business ethic.

I applied via the ClixGalore affiliate marketing netwrok to advertise your services on 07/08/2006 (US date format) and you have not even bothered to approve the links in SIX MONTHS!!!!!

That is the most disgusting treatment that an affiliate may receive. I am like a number of UK based affiliates, very influential within the affiliate marketing community and I operate a considerable number of websites.

When I was ignored through the appropriate approved channels in attempting to contact you as per the affiliate program, I telephoned you this morning only to be told to call back later as if I was some sort of irritant.

I shall be contacting Graham Fayers and Jane Sweet at ClixGalore to advise them of your appalling lack of manners and I shall be posting on the affiliate forums that your program should be avoided on the grounds that you are incompetent as an Affiliate Marketing Manager. To wait six months to have a simple pending approval activated is ridiculous.

I manage affiliate programs for big business and I have been an affiliate too for a number of years. Never in all my days have I witnessed such incompetence. I can only assume you are a small merchant online despite the excellent services you offer and that you personally have absolutely no affiliate marketing experience.

Affiliate Marketing is a multi Billion Pounds market and affiliates only number at a ratio of 12:1 within the UK and worldwide. Mess around too many affiliates and you shall not have anyone with whom to conduct business with.

For your information, your program was advertised for overseas correspondence with medical students in the USA, throughout the EU and also the Asia Pacific area and of course the UK. Until you could activate the links (a mere exercise in extending a single digit on to a keyboard and logging into your affilite program management platform and setting pending applications to approval) I could neither advertise you or earn money from your program.

That you have not bothered to approve for effectively six months just emphasises how unsuited you are as an Affiliate Program Manager. If ever there is any need to query an affiliate the Affiliate Program Manager should contact the affiliate to ask how they are to be advertised. You did not even bother to do so.

Your links are now removed and this email is now to be published in an affiliate marketing forum in the UK, another in Australia and the largest forum in the USA.

I never wish to do business with you.

Yours absolutely disgusted and very angry at having six months of my time wasted.

John Gilbert-Jupp
    Managing Director
    Backdoor Investments Ltd

CEO
    The Personal Home Shopping Group
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Damn. Just looked at the email again and it was 18 months! So emailed them again to voice my disgust.

Talking
    Wow, so you applied to an affiliate program and didn't receive a response?

Welcome to affiliate marketing!

Yeah I know! No what got me very angry is that for months I used the proper channels to contact the merchant, got no reply.

So as I am having a spring clean of merchants this month I phoned him up and he was an absolute disgrace. When I next go into London I 'll check out their premises. Seemed very dubious.

I will never be treated like this. I have a short fuse some times and today is one of those days. I have too much work as it is and I am fully booked up until next August on the contract scripting side of my business and I'm about to launch a series of dropship sites this year, so the AM side of things as an affiliate is being overhauled.

Shame cos there is a definite market for the courses they offer, just what a d*** running the program.

That's a shame. If they haven't approved apps in over 18 months, is it really an affiliate program? I'm pretty sure an affiliate program needs affiliates. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You already put way too much time and effort into this dog. If they approved you tomorrow, would you still promote them?
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Hi Greg.

In short the answer is no, I would most certainly not promote them.

Ironic because there is a huge market for online tutorials as part of the qualification process to become a physician.

As per my earlier post, I am literally so incandescent with rage over this I am seriously considering popping by their offices next time I am in London.

They are just not fit for purpose.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Sometimes it is better to let them go even if the mercant's program seems to be a perfect match for your site.

It reminds me about how I had repeatedly re-joined a program that was denying me without any comment. I had emailed the AM and he said that I'd be approved, but it was later rejected...
    Finally I got approval and I put up links on very relevant sites and haven't got a single conversion. I scratch my head and wonder why I went through all that.
    It seems to me that most of the rejection-happy AMs don't really know what they're doing anyway so their programs are the worst to promote.
    I have gotten the most conversions from programs with AMs that either auto-approved or approved the same day.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    If they respond to affiliates the way you indicated be glad you learned BEFORE partnering with them and investing lots of time promoting their links.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It seems to me that most of the rejection-happy AMs don't really know what they're doing anyway so their programs are the worst to promote.
    I have gotten the most conversions from programs with AMs that either auto-approved or approved the same day.
    Agreed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp
    Hi Greg.

In short the answer is no, I would most certainly not promote them.

Ironic because there is a huge market for online tutorials as part of the qualification process to become a physician.

As per my earlier post, I am literally so incandescent with rage over this I am seriously considering popping by their offices next time I am in London.

They are just not fit for purpose.
    I hear ya. Back in my affiliate days, I would just think "screw it" and move on. I never thought I had to work hard like that just to sell someone else's stuff. There's so many other ways to make good money without having to beg anyone to let me in their program.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

It really makes you wonder why they have a campaign sitting there at all!?

Told you to call back later? That's pretty ridiculous. I mean how hard is it to say "Would you mind if I take your number and give you call in 45 minutes to an hour?"

People don't always have time to speak when the phone rings, but if not the ball should be in their court to call you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Quote:
    Agreed!!!
    Auto-approval is like walking blind and naked into a swamp and hoping to avoid mosquitoes, chiggers and other unpleasant biting things.

Then again, incredibly slow-approval is like taking an alligator home with you. Sooner or later it will bite you on the ass...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

I agree. There is nothing worng at all in approving affiliates as long as the network/AM has the resources to do it quickly!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread