ABW Ambassador
    Hi,
    since yesterday I found a window opened on my PC which I can not access nor view anything what it does. I Investigated my PC and found the following entry in my registry:
    Inet delivery: C:\Programme\Inet Delivery\INTDEL_2.exe

I went to my wondows explorer and found two files called:
    INTDEL_2.exe
    INTDEL.exe

These files were downloaded and installed on my computer without my knowledge.
    When I went to the website of www.inet-traffic.com, where the files came from I found a parasitic website.
    How can these files be downloaded and installed on my PC and what should I do to prevent them from again infecting my PC.

carneol

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hundreds of these new parasite programs infest systems by drive-by installs when you hit one of those popup hellholes. Some also get installed by those P2P secret backdoors when the parasite pays a infestation fee.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Yesterday my default startpage when I launch my browser (usually set to google) suddenly changed to another site which was some sort of PPC directory. I'm positive it was one of these similar parasite programs. But I had never been asked if I wanted to reset my start page, it just did it. Very disconcerting. I changed it back in my browser settings, but have no idea if I also need to try to find some infected file somewhere. I do run AVG virus software daily.

Susan

ABW Ambassador
    I tried a check with adaware 6.0 and it does not identify that files as spyware. What I found in another thread is that the intdel.exe opens a hidden browser window and tries to connect to the internet so your PC is wide open for more and other installations. I always wondered why popups appeared also when I was ( in my mind ) not connected to the web.

carneol

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread