ABW Ambassador
    As an affiliate outside U.S., I get my checks in U.S dollars from various merchants. The banks here charge at US$15 or more for every check they clear. The local bank charges a fee, and sends it back to U.S. to clear. Postal charges are incurred per check. Over in U.S., the bank's agent takes a fee off every check.

At the end of the day, add that for every single check from each different merchant, the loss due to these bank charages adds up.

Anyone knows of a solution to this problem?

Here in UK my bank charges £10 to cash each $US cheque however, if I collect 3-4 cheques and pay them in together the charge is £10 for the group of cheques. Maybe that would work for you.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

I only bank my US$ checks once a month and aggregate them. My bank charges a flat fee of £8 (about $12) for the whole lot. Looks like you need to shop around, consider opening a US$ account or alter the minimum amount before they send you a check.

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

Wow, I consider myself lucky then.

Here in Canada not only is there no charge at all to cash a US$ cheque but they clear right away with no waiting.

My local Canadian Bank even opened me a US dollar account to further simplify the whole process.

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

Here they charge for each individual check, regardless of how many you deposit at once. And I have to wait anywhere up to 70 days for them to clear. By which time th dollar's weakened a bit further and my income goes down another notch.

I've just applied for a US bank account to solve the check fee and clearance problem. Now I just have to fix the US economy to get the foreign exchange rate right.

Here the banks charge somewhere from 1%-1.5% of the total amount of the check(s). Which means, for example, if you cash a $100 check, you will get charged $1-$1.5, which I think is allright. They also clear the check right away for amounts up to $2000. Anything over that, you must wait 2-3 weeks for the check to be cleared.

Alex
    AlexBet Design

ABW Ambassador
    You euros sure do complain about payment a lot, yet, last time I checked I can't even join TradeDoubler or AffiliateWindow without a European Bank Account. Hmmph.

(In playing the part of the pompass ass american who thinks the civilized world ends at our borders , I use the term euro to mean "non american". Its not meant to be offensive.)

----
    -JM
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

Hey JM,

Actually, we're complaining about our banks, not the payment. Though since you bring it up, maybe we should push for, say, a $15 bonus if you're a non-US affiliate of a US merchant, you know, to cover those bank charges. They can recoup the costs by paying US affiliates less perhaps. I'm sure nobody would mind --->

ABW Ambassador
    Yup.. I'm sure nobody would mind.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread