There is a website called DoUWantIt.com funded by UPS. Basically, it's services is to make it easy for International shoppers to buy stuff from US companies by providing a software that tracks a product and shows visitor the amount in their currency, estimated shipping time etc. Then the visitor clicks on a link in this software to add into their shopping cart.

And Amazon, Buy.com and Overstock among other already signed up.

I have a lot of international customers and I'm concerned this can be next parasite.

Anybody knows anything about them?

looks like a parasite too me!

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Phase one of any parasitic commission grabbing scheme....offer a FREEBEE service. Then bastardize it by secretly releasing the commission ID# swapping feature on infected machines when millions are infested. You can bet this feature wasn't programmed or controlled by UPS....they are just the legitimizing frontend. Just like the networks the international carriers are duped by the middlemen BHO's. Way to go merchants ...bend over and let the software rape your pocketbooks.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    As you said Overstock is currently using it. Think there were discussions in the Overstock forum about it.

----
    -JM
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Looks like more great retailing, which will be called "Parasite" by its COMPETITION, to me...

Really, this app isn't just a Desperation Discount POS link overwriter--translating the currencies and GUARANTEEING the results is a valuable service! Add that single shopping cart that they've got and it's aces. The only ones I can see missing the beauty of it is their Competition!

[looks above, sees 2 posts which came in as I was typing.

Oh, and a couple of noncompetitors don't see it either, it seems...]

Oh, and I suppose technically it can be called Parasite but with all the *real* value-add that I see there, I just can't get worked up to cuss it. That service would kick *ss even if it didn't include a browser app.

~Revenue is King

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Looks like more great retailing, which will be called "Parasite" by its COMPETITION, to me...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as, it doesn't owerwrite my affiliate ID, I don't have any problem. In fact, it's a good service and increase the number of potential customers by enabling people from other countries to to easily shop US stores.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    In my first post, I accidentally left the impression that I know whether it overwrites or not (that's what I get for posting while half asleep)...I haven't tested it so I don't know for sure. I was mainly impressed that they had something new and unique to offer the users instead of the desperate-sounding discounting so common to these apps!

I hope it doesn't overwrite aff IDs since it's actually providing a good service as long as it refrains from any overwriting. It doesn't strike me that it would need to resort to that, but they have to be making their money *somewhere*...

Although without promising to give back some ridiculous percentage off the purchase price, maybe they can make money via less snakey ways than the parasitic overwrite!

~Revenue is King

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread