ABW Ambassador
    I just heard from an affiliate manager that froogle recently joined LinkShare. Yikes!

I guess we know who will be the big super-affiliate in the future.

-Chrisk

Anyone have any confirmation on this?

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

ABW Ambassador
    Oh no, i feel a bunch of panic posts coming. Just like when Froogle first came out (still in beta) and it was call The Affiliate Killer. The normal person will always go to a straight search engine first for search. Product search engines usually aren't that good. Just them being an affiliate, a cloud of suspicion might arise over their Froogle Algo. Plus i've always said as long as they have Adwords in Froogle, instead of being bad for the affiliate, Froogle might actually be good. Imagine this:

User looks for JVC HRD 3400 DVD player.
    Affiliate has Adwords Ad saying Deals for JVC HRD 3400 DVD player.

or User looks for polo shirt. Have an ad saying Coupons and Deals for Polo shirts. Lots of great possibilites IF Froogle gets out of beta with Adwords in tact, and actually gets used by the normal web user.

ABW Ambassador
    I wish I could confirm. I just heard this from the greatskin.com manager. They just joined Linkshare and implied that they heard it directly from Linkshare.

I have no solid verification...

Trust:
    My main interest is a bit selfish. I sometimes get bashed by major Google supporters in my unit that hold it up as the greatest thing - EVER. They gush over its "purity" and wonder out loud why every company can't be as wonderful as Google, [begin sarcasm] since profits clearly aren't the only motivator [end sarcasm].

So I would take secret delight in Google actually doing something so commercial.

OK, so I'm a bit twisted, I admit.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well if Froogle pays on their product offerings based strickly on listings of actual merchants then they sure would have some niche' merchants. I figure it will be a lead fee program bird dogging new merchnats to feed their database.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh no, i feel a bunch of panic posts coming. Just like when Froogle first came out (still in beta) and it was call The Affiliate Killer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Froogle will never be a affiliate killer when its a separate service , but i dont believe it will be the case forever.

Once Froogle is perfected ( its now in beta) i believe they will try to default to it for product searches in the main google ... Technically it will not be that hard to identify product searches .

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

ABW Ambassador
    Pay close attention to what Google does with Froogle. Pay close attention to what they do... they are looking for a way to get thier own links/results above affiliates so they can take the cash. I saw it coming long ago. I warned. Google will eliminate the competition - us! Those of you with sites that are "online shopping malls", and "directories"; MSN has already began placing links in some results with thier own affiliate ID. What if you owned Google? would you do this? would you swap out all the search results for shopping related searches, and replace them with your own? Google is, IMO, in the process of screwing all of us.

What if...

instead of a searcher finding your results for a George Foreman Grill, they found Google's instead? You use to be in the first thirty returns, now you are somewhere around #5000 in search results. You think I am crazy? Just watch and see what happens. Just wait and watch. And, their is not a frigging thing you can do about it.

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

ABW Ambassador
    I think you're

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, I may be. But I bet I am also right

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

ABW Ambassador
    Ink has been doing this for years....

----
    -JM
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread